Anyone played Game of Thrones: Genesis?

its on Steam, and trying to find ANYTHING on this game in terms of experience playing it. i want it to be good real bad, but i'm expecting it to suck. i also refuse to bite until i know its good....

anyone?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've heard nothing but bad things.

I don't remember the (fairly objective) Kotaku review being very nice about it either.

Deleted
    Games based on TV shows never work...

Lost: The Game (you see what I did there?)
    The Office
    Prison Break
    Sopranos
    Star Trek
    CSI
    Battle Star Galactica
    Grange Hill (I am not kidding, they made a game about that show)

All those TV shows are great, the games on the other hand are really poor.

They are just milking the Cash Cow by developing a game with a mediocre (and cheap) design team, knowing full well that people will buy the game regardless of how poor it is.

I had heard terrible reviews about Lost: Via Domus... But I still bought it anyway. Don;t be a sucker and pay £30 for a game which had no effort what-so-ever put into the design of it

Deleted
    @Impexo well the OP asked if someone has actually played it and can give an opinion, not if you think it sucks because other totally unrelated games sucked.

I wondered it myself, about the quality the Steam forum is kinda undecided. The thing that makes it a no-buy for me is that it uses TAGES drm, even though it's on steam already.

Deleted
    None of the reviews I have seen have been exactly amazed by this game, and none of the footage I have seen has been very impressive either. I'll definately be passing on this one, Cyanide can give me a call when their RPG is done.

I just want season 2 >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a minute, there's a The Office video game!?... jesus chirst.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impexio View Post

The Office
    Prison Break
    Sopranos
    Star Trek
    CSI
    Battle Star Galactica

They are just milking the Cash Cow by developing a game with a mediocre (and cheap) design team, knowing full well that people will buy the game regardless of how poor it is.

I had heard terrible reviews about Lost: Via Domus... But I still bought it anyway. Don;t be a sucker and pay £30 for a game which had no effort what-so-ever put into the design of it
    Too be fair, the game was in development long before the HBO series was announced. The company that made the RTS purchased the rights a couple years ago. The only good news is that the same company has apparently been developing a full fledged RPG set in the time period of the first book for even longer than they did the RTS. The RPG apparently will take advantage of assets from the HBO series including set pieces, character design, and voice acting. Supposed to be coming out early-mid 2012.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Wait a minute, there's a The Office video game!?... jesus chirst.
    If it is the one I think he is talking about, it is like a Diner Dash type game.

24 the videogame wasn't so bad.

Well, seeing it how it didn't turn out to be turn-based, I was actually looking forward to it... Well, yes I've heard people say others said bad things about it, but I'm gonna go try it and see for myself... just waiting for it to be released publicly.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

Well, for starters it's not based on a television show. It's based on the book series.

That said, I don't suspect it being that great. A Song of Fire and Ice is all about the characters. An RPG would have been far more suiting than an RTS.

Trailer make sit looks pretty lame.

Deleted
    I've ordered it, still waiting for the guy from the shop to phone me. I expect it'll be prety slow as a RTS, as it's "military, diplomatic and politic" based, but hey, GRRM said it looked good.

Deleted

The Office
    Prison Break
    Sopranos
    Star Trek
    CSI
    Battle Star Galactica

Padon me, but Star Trek: (Voyager) Elite Force and Elite Force II are pretty good games. There's also Bridge Commander, that, while not the youngest of whippersnappers can still be quite fun to play. I'm just sayin...

But back on topic, I only saw the trailer and soem various tidbits once I finished watching Season 1 and was craving for more Game of Thrones and... eh... I'll pass on it. It just doesn't look that Game-of-Thronesy.. How can you backstab three people with their own servants on an RTS screen?
    Last edited by mmocf5b403aedc; 2011-10-01 at 06:13 AM. Reason: misnamed one of the examples.

Deleted
    One thing that bothers me on the screenshot is that the wall that's suppsosed to be made out of ice looks like a white brickwall. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt I'd play it if it was freeware. And I'm an ASOIAF junkie.

Several years of development and this was the best they could do?

I cannot imagine why GRRM would give these guys his license. A good RTS, RPG, or (I'd so be there) MMO could be based off of Westeros. But this company looks inept.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    One thing that bothers me on the screenshot is that the wall that's suppsosed to be made out of ice looks like a white brickwall. :<
    Its also like 200 feet long so I'm not sure if it is supposed to be "the Wall" or not. I can't figure out what else it would be, but if it is indeed the Wall it does look massively disappointing. There is a great looking piece of concept art on their site so it gives me hope that that isn't the entirety of the Wall.

On the RPG front, they apparently now have a page up for A Game of Thrones, the RPG game. http://www.cyanide-studio.com/games/agot/ First two screen shots don't look terrible,but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares

The Office
    Prison Break
    Sopranos
    Star Trek
    CSI
    Battle Star Galactica

Unless it's an anime...cuz I mean you know dragon ball z games are freakin awesome.

Wow so Game of Thrones: Genesis got a good review in the 80's!