I have rather mixed feelings about the whole dogs eating raw foods thing. I mean dogs are sooooooo far removed from the wild and eating raw food makes me think of what would happen if humans started eating raw food again (bad stuff).

Plus if you are feeding your dog the dry food it helps keep their teeth clean, and raw food being squishy and stuff wouldn't do that. Not to mention it would get stuck between their teeth and rot. Also... the research on the whole subject is spotty at best

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I have rather mixed feelings about the whole dogs eating raw foods thing. I mean dogs are sooooooo far removed from the wild and eating raw food makes me think of what would happen if humans started eating raw food again (bad stuff).

Plus if you are feeding your dog the dry food it helps keep their teeth clean, and raw food being squishy and stuff wouldn't do that. Not to mention it would get stuck between their teeth and rot. Also... the research on the whole subject is spotty at best
    Well its 80% meat 10% bone and 10% organ is what I am feeding her and she has never had any food stuck in her teeth. The thing is the research has just been updated recently vets don't look at the updated stuff anymore. Some dogs are far more removed than others. Mine has a very high prey drive and has even killed birds in mid air before I ever switched her to raw food.

Lol that's cool.

I just get ehhhh about anything people are like "ahmg everyone should be doing this!!!" and feeding raw foods is one of those things. There are some real fanatics about it around here, and fanatics always make me feel uneasy about stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post

Just for Digglett
    I saw that in a magazine, there was also one for SNES games too. Wanted so bad.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Want. Now. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Steins;Gate signature, yay!

Lol that's cool.

I just get ehhhh about anything people are like "ahmg everyone should be doing this!!!" and feeding raw foods is one of those things. There are some real fanatics about it around here, and fanatics always make me feel uneasy about stuff.
    Ya I understand that feeling. People ask me what I am feeding her and the vet too since her teeth are pearly white if she was on kibble they would start to yellow by that age.

[IMG]http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1725965_460s.jpg[IMG]
    Just for Digglett
    Woah Nelly is that thing snazzy. I want one.

Ya I understand that feeling. People ask me what I am feeding her and the vet too since her teeth are pearly white if she was on kibble they would start to yellow by that age.
    That's odd. I have always feed my dogs dry foods and their teeth have always been fantastic and bright white.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, my pups teeth are white, but hes killed a few birds mid air too, fucking massive now, and still growing

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I saw that in a magazine, there was also one for SNES games too. Wanted so bad.
    Steins;Gate signature, yay!
    I saw the SNES one, too! From what I've seen/heard, you can hook up 2 controllers to it and hook up it up to a TV if you want.
    Also, did you not recognize the avatar?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive a siberian husky, looking to get an akita inu soon, once i figure out how im gona care for them at uni

oooh nice I love those dogs (really is there a dog I don't love??) but they have way too much hair for me ><

Quote Originally Posted by samanx View Post
    ive a siberian husky, looking to get an akita inu soon, once i figure out how im gona care for them at uni
    Be careful about the akita depending on were you live they might raise your insurance on the house or the landlord might not like it and what not since that breed has a bad rep. I hate how Chow Chow, Dobi, Rott, Pittbull, GSD, and Akita all have bad reps.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, they are beautiful and great guard dogs, so, useful, and my parents are still paying the insurance, joys of being 17 :P

I thought Ireland was one of the few places that didn't have retarded rules about dogs like that?

(I am basing this on nothing other than my idea that Ireland is awesome and I believe they wouldn't make those laws)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    umm, if you live in a council house, there are a few dogs not allowed, only 4 or something, like, your allowed GSD etc. not that i live in a council house anyway

I thought Ireland was one of the few places that didn't have retarded rules about dogs like that?

(I am basing this on nothing other than my idea that Ireland is awesome and I believe they wouldn't make those laws)
    In Turkey we don't have any laws like that the only cruddy part is all the stray cats and dogs we have here I think the capital has around 50k stray cats or something like that.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 10:07 PM ----------

well, they are beautiful and great guard dogs, so, useful, and my parents are still paying the insurance, joys of being 17 :P
    They are my uncle has one along with the Turkish Kangals here for Coco to play with.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    isnt rabies quite bad in turkey? i read it somewhere, because i was planning on going there for uni, and wouldnt bring my dog(s) if i was going there

isnt rabies quite bad in turkey? i read it somewhere, because i was planning on going there for uni, and wouldnt bring my dog(s) if i was going there
    Yes rabies is endemic here in Turkey sadly and I read somewhere if you bring your dog you need to get your pet a so called pet passport to allow them to come back into the country. only if you go the off beaten track like into the country like were I live.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, i was planning to study in istanbul