Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Agreed I love how dark Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame is. I love Elton John but Hunchback's songs were amazing. Though I have to say I'm a tad biased because I prefer villains over protagonists and I listened to a lot of Tony Jay growing up. Reboot FTFW.

So naturally Claude Frollo was my favourite and honestly he's easily the most sinister villain in Disney.

If this doesn't give you chills, then I dunno...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwnh-...tailpage#t=78s
    Yeah, Frollo was easily one of my favorite Disney villains.

I've always loved the Hunchback simply because of how dark it got at points. I like dark tales. I guess I'm a weird kid? I don't know...Hamlet is like my favorite play.

Followed closely by the Life and Death of Richard the Second, as evidenced by my frequent use of "Come let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2011-10-05 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Tis very good, but its been a while since Skelington saw the disney movies, so he cannot properly judge.
    Let IMDB choose the better movie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110357 8.3 Lion King
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116583 6.6 Hunchback of Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_GqW...839A6C11481BE9

Yes, that's Billy motherfucking Crystal.

I hate Google Chrome so much... always crashes unexpectedly when I want to make a paragraph break on this site.

Anyhow as I kid I was crazy for Pinocchio that I bought 2 copies of Disney's animated and the 1996 live action one too.

But rewatching the movies again I found Hunchback the best. It wasn't overly cheery with the songs, except for Festival of Fools but what is a Disney film without one?

And it showed how reality really is and that the pretty guy will get the girl not the good natured protagonist. Of course they fuck this in the sequel that I never watched nor shall I ever.

I hate Google Chrome so much... always crashes unexpectedly when I want to make a paragraph break on this site.

Anyhow as I kid I was crazy for Pinocchio that I bought 2 copies of Disney's animated and the 1996 live action one too.

But rewatching the movies again I found Hunchback the best. It wasn't overly cheery with the songs, except for Festival of Fools but what is a Disney film without one?

And it showed how reality really is and that the pretty guy will get the girl not the good natured protagonist. Of course they fuck this in the sequel that I never watched nor shall I ever.
    Yes, exactly. It's probably the most sincere of any Disney movie since it shows how shit really is.

So, we had some like super badass Irish guy translate Beowulf in our Old English literature book and...I'm wondering why they didn't get him to translate Chaucer. Because, seriously, fuck Chaucer.

You can't see it but I'm flipping off my book right now.

When you hit enter, yes?

Unchecking(make it not blue) that little blue box solves it for me.

Skelington should go back and watch Hunchback soon.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-10-05 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lion King 192 315 votes vs Hunchback 26 091 votes

Of course Lion King will have better reviews it was far more popular and people prefer happy endings and cute animals and overall happy stories with some tragedy. Hunchback's score isn't what it should be for there's a huge discreprancy between people/vote and I felt it was for a more matured audience than kids since kids couldn't really relate to Quasi since he is ... repulsive.

Hehe I'm so horrible I think the only thing I've ever read from Shakespeare was Othello. I watched the film too, that also had Kenneth Braughnan as Iago the asshole and Laurence Fishburne as the moor, I enjoyed it a lot. Something about Laurence yelling "Lewd minx" always brings a smile to my face.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    When you hit enter, yes?

Unchecking(make it not blue) that little blue box solves it for me.

Skelington should go back and watch Hunchback soon.
    Sweet thanks. I hope it works. Then I can completely ditch Firefox since Firefox tends to freeze up for like a minute whenever I open bookmarks.

Lion King 192 315 votes vs Hunchback 26 091 votes

Of course Lion King will have better reviews it was far more popular and people prefer happy endings and cute animals and overall happy stories with some tragedy. Hunchback's score isn't what it should be for there's a huge discreprancy between people/vote and I felt it was for a more matured audience than kids since kids couldn't really relate to Quasi since he is ... repulsive.

Hehe I'm so horrible I think the only thing I've ever read from Shakespeare was Othello. I watched the film too, that also had Kenneth Braughnan as Iago the asshole and Laurence Fishburne as the moor, I enjoyed it a lot. Something about Laurence yelling "Lewd minx" always brings a smile to my face.
    There's a more recent version of Hamlet that came out last year I think with Patrick Stewart in it. I haven't seen it because I love the version with Kenneth Braughnan in it. You can tell an actor's worth by his portrayal of Hamlet and I think that he did an amazing job. Alternatively, you could just read the play instead of watching the movie and let your imagination be the stage.

I haven't seen Othello though. Someone told me I would enjoy it but it isn't my favorite of Shakespeare's plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome crashes for you Brofl as firefox has seemed to crash for me since version 6 and 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonX7 View Post
    Chrome crashes for you Brofl as firefox has seemed to crash for me since version 6 and 7
    Me too but it's Pandora's fault...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Me too but it's Pandora's fault...
    I never listen to those things, I just use youtube for everything lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonX7 View Post
    I never listen to those things, I just use youtube for everything lol
    Well, with Youtube, you have to either take the time and make your own playlist, or rely on someone else's playlist to be what they say it is (it never is). With Pandora I can just leave it alone and whatever else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, with Youtube, you have to either take the time and make your own playlist, or rely on someone else's playlist to be what they say it is (it never is). With Pandora I can just leave it alone and whatever else.
    Lol yea i take the time to make it my playlist i guess, though it sucks when majority of the videos i use have youtubers who get suspended often -.-

Opera doesn't crash.

Well, couldn't say that with a straight face. G'night, world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Scumbag School Computer

I7
    Has a fucked up power source

EDIT: Case in point, it crashed again.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2011-10-05 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great and Powerful View Post
    Lies and slander.

Feels good being AB+. Can take donations from anyone, but can't give.
    Wait so being your favorite was a lie?! Q.Q....

10+ Year Old Account
    Lies and slander.
    /sorelydisappointed

10+ Year Old Account
    My love is rare and earned.
    I'm rare and loveable!

I actually didnt like any of the Hunchbacks songs. Honestly, Hercules had the best.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 07:16 AM ----------

My love is rare and earned.
    Fairly sure I earned your love months ago. Remember that one time when we did that one thing? Oh how we laughed.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-10-05 at 07:24 AM.

WELL 359 TRINKETS WE SHALL CONTINUE OUR MARVELOUS ADVENTURE
    In other news I lost H Hungerer