Deleted

Profession Changes in 4.3 Overview

There are quite a few new profession changes in 4.3 - I've combined them all into one thread with some links for you guys to discuss.

As always, watch the front page for news - the patch is still in the very early stages, do not panic or freak out because of something, wait and see how it develops and at this early stage, although a lot of items have been datamined, their location or detailed information about them is unconfirmed speculation. I will update this as and when we have new information.

Please see Patch 4.3 on PTR for full information.

The new material which most likely drops from bosses in the new raid is Essence of Destruction

Announced: Chaos Orb in 4.3 will be Bind on Equip, and all will be able to roll on them. All existing orbs will become tradeable.

Note: we have no confirmation of where any recipes currently drop yet, but we were told that the Darkmoon Faire would have profession recipes.

Alchemy

Recipes for new transmute epic gems have been datamind, but no one knows exactly where they pop. These recipes are BoP and are likely to have a cooldown - will confirm when we know where and what the mats and the cooldown is (do you think it will share a cooldown with living elements/truegold?)

* Recipe: Transmute Deepholm Iolite
    * Recipe: Transmute Shadow Spinel
    * Recipe: Transmute Elven Peridot
    * Recipe: Transmute Lava Coral
    * Recipe: Transmute Lightstone
    * Recipe: Transmute Queen's Garnet

Discussion thread on these here

Blacksmithing

* Bracers of Destructive Strength
    * Foundations of Courage
    * Pyrium Legplates of Purified Evil
    * Soul Redeemer Bracers
    * Titanguard Wristplates
    * Unstoppable Destroyer's Legplates

New BoE PVP sets are also showing up in the item database but we have no confirmed information about them:

* Vicious Pyrium Gauntlets
    * Vicious Ornate Pyrium Gauntlets
    * Vicious Pyrium Bracers
    * Vicious Ornate Pyrium Bracers
    * Vicious Pyrium Belt
    * Vicious Ornate Pyrium Belt
    * Vicious Pyrium Boots
    * Vicious Ornate Pyrium Boots
    * Vicious Pyrium Breastplate
    * Vicious Ornate Pyrium Breastplate
    * Vicious Pyrium Helm
    * Vicious Ornate Pyrium Helm
    * Vicious Pyrium Shoulders
    * Vicious Ornate Pyrium Shoulders
    * Vicious Pyrium Legguards
    * Vicious Ornate Pyrium Legguards

Some people have pointed out that none of these new recipes require truegold; does this mean pyrium is not going to be as useful as it once was? Or is this because truegold will be sharing a cooldown with the epic gems? There's a discussion on this here.

Enchanting

* Maelstrom Shatter

There is a discussion thread on this and how it may affect market prices here.

Inscription has several new glyphs

* Glyph of Shadow
    * Glyph of Stabbing

Along with new PvP BoE Relics

* Vicious Eyeball of Dominance
    * Vicious Charm of Triumph
    * Vicious Jawbone of Conquest

Jewelcrafting

Epic Gems have been added to the game

* Shadow Spinel
    * Lava Coral
    * Elven Peridot
    * Queen's Garnet
    * Lightstone
    * Deepholm Iolite

Each one is cut with a BoP design. The designs are now up on the PTR as of 14th Oct and are purchased from a jewelcrafting vendor next to the old daily/vendor. They use the same daily tokens. For 5 tokens you can buy a specific recipe, and for 4 tokens you can buy a tome which produces a random recipe (like a book of glyph mastery; but for epic JC patterns). Pure gems are +50 stats, and hybrid gems are +25/+25 stats. Click on the above links to see all the gem listings.

Chimera's Eyes are listed on the PTR as +77 to stats (+10 stats extra per gem) to improve the static bonus. However; Blacksmiths can currently get an additional +20 points if every gem is epic due to the two bonus sockets. Don't go dropping your professions or ranting about it yet though - still plenty of time for other professions to be tweaked accordingly.

Also some new PvP BoE Jewelry

* Vicious Amberjewel Band
    * Vicious Sapphire Ring
    * Vicious Ruby Signet
    * Vicious Sapphire Necklace
    * Vicious Amberjewel Pendant
    * Vicious Ruby Choker

And a new aesthetic design - Design: Rhinestone Sunglasses

Leatherworking

* Bladeshadow Leggings
    * Bladeshadow Wristguards
    * Rended Earth Leggings
    * Bracers of the Hunter-Killer
    * Deathscale Leggings of the Storm
    * Leggings of Nature's Champion
    * Rended Earth Leggings
    * Thundering Deathscale Wristguards

New BoE PVP sets are also showing up in the item database but we have no confirmed information about them:

* Vicious Charscale Belt
    * Vicious Dragonscale Belt
    * Vicious Charscale Boots
    * Vicious Dragonscale Boots
    * Vicious Charscale Bracers
    * Vicious Dragonscale Bracers
    * Vicious Charscale Chest
    * Vicious Dragonscale Chest
    * Vicious Charscale Gloves
    * Vicious Dragonscale Gloves
    * Vicious Charscale Helm
    * Vicious Dragonscale Helm
    * Vicious Charscale Legs
    * Vicious Dragonscale Legs
    * Vicious Charscale Shoulders
    * Vicious Dragonscale Shoulders

Tailoring

* Bracers of Unconquered Power
    * Dreamwraps of the Light
    * Lavaquake Legwraps
    * World Mender's Pants

* Vicious Embersilk Belt
    * Vicious Fireweave Belt
    * Vicious Embersilk Boots
    * Vicious Fireweave Boots
    * Vicious Embersilk Bracers
    * Vicious Fireweave Bracers
    * Vicious Embersilk Cape
    * Vicious Embersilk Cowl
    * Vicious Fireweave Cowl
    * Vicious Embersilk Gloves
    * Vicious Fireweave Gloves
    * Vicious Embersilk Pants
    * Vicious Fireweave Pants
    * Vicious Embersilk Robe
    * Vicious Fireweave Robe
    * Vicious Embersilk Shoulders
    * Vicious Fireweave Shoulders

Side note regarding Archaelogy / WoW TCG Loot:

As a side note, there has been speculation on whether some new datamined items are archaelogy, but according to the WoW TCG Forums these items are for the new card game expansion decks which are nothing to do with professions but I'll post them here, but it seems unlikely (but nothing's confirmed!) that these are archaelogy items, and include Tome of the Forgotten Kings: Sand Scarab, Spurious Sarcophagus, and White Riding Camel. There are no changes yet confirmed for archaelogy and the above loot is from a spoiler thread on the wow tcg forums.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-10-15 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds awesome, thanks for the in-depth post!

Deleted
    I've added the confirmed change

Announced: Chaos Orb in 4.3 will be Bind on Equip, and all will be able to roll on them. All existing orbs will become tradeable. in 4.3 will be Bind on Equip, and all will be able to roll on them. All existing orbs will become tradeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a very nice summary. Thanks for the info.

I would assume the PvP sets are trainer recipes.

I think the new epic gem transmutes will definitely have a 24-hour cooldown, and will almost definitely share their universal cooldown with other things. The x-factor is that I'd give it an even chance that truegold or pyrium will LOSE their cooldown, in the same way titanium xmutes and titansteel smelting cooldowns were removed during the end of wrath.

Epic gems will definitely have a cooldown, and it will be shared with everything from essence of fire xmutes to NORTHREND epic gem xmutes, so if you've got an alchemist I recommend spending 150g to get transmute mastery.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any word yet on where these patterns come from (specifically after tailoring)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azragarn View Post
    Any word yet on where these patterns come from (specifically after tailoring)
    No, not yet. Neither the raid nor full changes to darkmoon faire are yet in for testing and it is most likely to be one of those two.

Slight update on the front page today

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Patch 4.3 crafted epic items have been updated in last night's build, they now seem to have better stats and gained sockets!
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-10-06 at 09:43 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the new info. Will just have to keep waiting

any idea if Frozen Runes (from level 60 naxx) will be among the dungeon/old craft materials that will be removed from recipes? A complete "Glacial" set might be cool for transmogging, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with the old level 60 naxx glacial recipes for tailoring, and combining them with the newer level 80 counterparts could make a nice looking set.

that's a lot of great info in one place, thank you for putting it all together! much appreciated..

Deleted
    I've just added the confirmation that we can buy the Epic JC designs with our current daily tokens.

Stardust taking Nightstone to make leaves me sad. They should make it take all this useless Zephyrite.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. ^^

nothing at all for engineering?

On the latest ptr build the Chimera Eye's are nerfed back to +67, i even saw the updated tooltip on the front page a few days back. Anyone know if this is a confirmed change, or just the ptr being the ptr.