Serenity 6 sec CD on PTR, intended?

Just noticed some things on PTR, one thing is that Holy Word:Serenity now has a 6 sec cooldown talented.
    If this goes live, it'll be pretty awesome. Was this intended? Havn't read anything about it.

Another thing is that Divine Hymn has a 2 minute cooldown, instead of 3 (talented).

Edit: Not a premade character, old one from 4.1 so new T13 4-set is not included.

A lot of shit is buggy on PTR, for example, Holy Radiance does not give Holy Power despite the fact that it's supposed to, and it does not consume Infusion of Light, either.

6 sec CD would be OP as hell, it's a bug unless Blizzard is suddenly trying to turn Holy into a decent tank healer by giving them free +25% crit on tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be something they are trying.

Hell, Resto Shaman tank healers can now increase their maximum health. Problem?

does HW:S work on the ptr?

That'd be news.

Sactuary's CD was also reduced down to 16 seconds, so we can always have one down on the ground. >..>
    Chastise's CD is still the same.

I'll look for more undocumented changes later on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    6 sec CD would be OP as hell, it's a bug unless Blizzard is suddenly trying to turn Holy into a decent tank healer by giving them free +25% crit on tanks.
    Assuming they actually make the 25% work :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

HW:S crit still doesn't work.

Need the bug report to get some activity, so please everyone bump this thread on blizzard's bug report forums, or make your own. OFC please test on your own first to convince yourself there is a problem.

Stupid for this to be broken so long.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-09-29 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    doesn't the t13 4set reduce the CD of HW?

are you using a premade?

DERP: just re-read your first post with the edit.
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2011-09-29 at 04:48 PM. Reason: derp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Could be something they are trying.

Hell, Resto Shaman tank healers can now increase their maximum health. Problem?
    The shaman can just keep riptide up on the tank and he can get the buff to full, he doesn't even have to be a tank healer.

Sanctuary 16 seconds? Are you specced into Tome of Light? I'm not, and Sanc is 40 sec CD for me, Serenity is 15 seconds.

EDIT: It does seem to be Tome of Light. Strange. Oh well, at least now it's confirmed a bug :P
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-09-29 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

there seems something is buggy there
    just was on PTR myself, with 1/2 point in Tome, I had 10.5sec for Seren, 28sec for Sanc, which is what it is on life with 2/2, then put one more point in, then suddenly had 6 / 16sec. the numbers makes no sense whatsoever. seems the just changed the spells with lvl 2/2 Tomb, to see what it would be like...
    would be great though!
    6sec seren would be super, because the 25% crit would have a great uptime! (+10% Chakra) and some 15% crit raidbuffed, leaves you with nice 50% crit on tankheal. seems they are going another step further in direction "every healer for every role" (shaman is getting tankhealbuff, Holy pala a spammable AE heal)
    but sanc is still at 9k manacost... hope that gets adjusted... regarding its minimal HPS it gives (6*800 every 2sec, ie 2.5k hps) it could have half the manacost...

just tested Serenity 25% crit buff... still not working (according to my mini-test)
    14.9% crit self, 10% crit from Chakra => about 25% crit expected if not working. if working, 50% crit expected.
    casted: Seren => 2xFH and only counted the crits/noncrits of FH. only did 2FHs per rotation so that they both would have the buff wihtout a chance not to.
    result: 110 noncrits, 36crits => 24.7% crit. so probably not working...

edith: realy seems that tome 0/2 represents 4.2 untalented, 1/2 represents 4.2 fully talented, and 2/2 the new model??
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2011-09-29 at 07:58 PM.

Is the crit bug with Serenity just a PTR thing? I've seen high enough crit rates on my Word of Logs to never see an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Is the crit bug with Serenity just a PTR thing? I've seen high enough crit rates on my Word of Logs to never see an issue.
    No, it's bugged on live as well.

no, hw:s appears to have been bugged since 4.0.

Recall that in raid you'll receive 5% additional crit and quite a lot of extra int (average of procs/trinkets, flask, food) which could count for another 2-3 points. In Chakra, you could exhibit crit rates at 25-30% without the aid of HW:S's transient crit.

Under the single target crit buff though that'd put you over 50. But this doesn't actually happen.

Just sat and casted heals on myself with serenity buff for 25 minutes, was bored after our tonight's raid.
    Anyhow, had approximately 23% crits when I checked the end result.

6 second CD on serenity makes the tank have the buff 90% of the time since obvious, you wont be able to cast it 100% the instant if goes off cooldown. It's just human nature and the fact that you do have to heal something else than the tank in quite many scenarios. Anyway, if they fix the serenity and keep it as a 6 second cooldown, it will become quite powerful. Maybe the new priest go-to heal for holy priests, who know the intentions of the blue beast.
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-09-30 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    no, hw:s appears to have been bugged since 4.0.

Recall that in raid you'll receive 5% additional crit and quite a lot of extra int (average of procs/trinkets, flask, food) which could count for another 2-3 points. In Chakra, you could exhibit crit rates at 25-30% without the aid of HW:S's transient crit.

Under the single target crit buff though that'd put you over 50. But this doesn't actually happen.
    One request before I launch into my WoL, can we call it Serenity and Sanctuary? HW:S is ambiguous =P

My Armory says I'm sitting pretty at about 13.6% crit. With LotP and raid buffs, I'll go ahead and round that up to 20%. I don't have any on use or proc Int buffs, so my crit chance is pretty static aside from Serenity. Last night we were learning Bethtilac on Heroic, and since our Holy Paladin isn't around anymore I was sent up. Once some pulls, no DPS was up there (so we can see how far we can get in p2) and in others there were either 1 or 2. For p1, I'm pretty much exclusively in Serenity, so I should have an additional +10% passive on direct heal crits as well as the +25% crit buff. That puts me at ~30% crit and 55% crit when my target has it. Realistically however, not all my heals with have the buff, so the true average % crit on my direct heals is closer to 40%, would you agree with this eyeball guesstimation?

Here's my WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2xmkj...ses&boss=52498
    My crit rates for my direct heals are in the ball park of 27-29%. Looking back on my other logs, including the ones that I've ranked with, I can see the same pattern (older logs have crit rates at or around 25% due to worse gear).

Definitely worth complaining about :/