shadow - which ring is better?

Crystalline Brimstone Ring
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/71210
    # +341 Stamina
    # +227 Intellect
    # Equip: Increases your hit rating by 162.
    # Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 133.

Signet of the Fifth Circle
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/65123
    # +322 Stamina
    # +215 Intellect
    # Equip: Increases your haste rating by 143.
    # Equip: Increases your mastery rating by 143.

The Signet of the Fifth Circle is certainly better for shadow unless you are not hit capped and need all of the 162 hit. If you only need about 60 hit I would go for the Signet and reforge some of the mastery to spirit.

Keep Signet of the Fifth. The Heroic version which comes from Shannox is quite easily obtainable these days with how easy entry level bosses are in new instances. Wait for heroic

Higher ilevel is pretty much always better, the itemization loss is pretty much always out weighed by the extra int.

So as long as you can make use of the hit, either straight up or through reforging from other peices, its good to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffari View Post
    Keep Signet of the Fifth. The Heroic version which comes from Shannox is quite easily obtainable these days with how easy entry level bosses are in new instances. Wait for heroic
    Okay so Signet of the Fifth Circle does not come from shannox. Its a ring from heroic Cho'gall. So im not quiet sure what you are talking about. Anyways both rings from Shannox (normal and heroic) would be an upgrade for you.

And while most cases higher ilvl is usually better, since they are so close in level the secondary stats are important. And haste is such a good stat for shadow.

Personally I would go with the signet...

My advice though is take a look at your stats, weight out your personal stats and what will actually benefit you more. If you're at the haste "soft cap" you can go with the cystalline. Now as far as being over hit with the crystalline you can always reforge out of hit from other places. If you provide an armory link it would help to make a better opinion other than hey these 2 rings yadda yadda yadda

Not to hijack, but I have a ring problem here too. Hopefully easily answered, because it's bugging me....
    Crystalline Brimstone Ring vs Soothing Brimstone Ring.
    Most BiS lists for shadow say Soothing, askmrrobot says Crystalline;
    and simcraft rates me reforged with Crystalline at 24811dps versus Soothing at 24843dps
    Is there a right answer? Or does it matter?

It won't let me link yet, but my character is Firiona on Malygos-US(H)
    Thank you for your help, and thanks for starting this semi-relevant topic OP

Use Ask mr robot. It will determine based on your gear which will be better for you. It all depends on your other stats, and with reforging the secondary stats don't matter as much.

Deleted
    As far as I know Simcraft runs a (big) number of simulations, each with different results, and then posts the average result to you. This means that if you run the simulations again you'll probably get a slightly different result. But as you can see the 2 rings are not far from each other in the end result.

Personally I took the hit+mastery ring, because I like mastery more than crit. I considered the crit+spirit because of my healing offspec too... so I actually bought them both ;-)