15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Modern Family

I just finished season one of modern family a friend let me borrow.

I have to say I really enjoyed it. First of all, I dislike sitcom's quite a bit. I put off watching this for a long time because of this fact. I was mistaken though. It's not really a sitcom like you probably think. Most importantly there is no laugh track. Usually shows with a laugh track I have no interest in. I tried getting into Big Bang Theory but couldn't do it for this very reason. I also really enjoy the character asides that frequently pop up. They are sometimes just as funny as the bits they do.

The comedy is good. It's subtle but very well written. I really love how the show gives you a really funny episode every time but then manages to slip in something touching and sweet at the very end. It's never forced really, it just seems good and rounds out each episode nicely.

I have to say the characters are great too. Ed O'Neill is great in this. He played Al Bundy in Married with Children for those not familiar with the actor. Great role for him. He plays it really well but still manages to sneak a little Bundy in here and there. I also really enjoy Claire, I think her timing with lines is great. The gay couple is great too, Cameron and Mitchell. I think it comes across pretty well, albeit a little over the top sometimes. Then again this is network television so I'm not too surprised.

Overall. Really happy I started watching this. Going to look for season 2 and keep watching.

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    I agree, I agree, I agree. Regarding the gay couple;
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    this is network television.
    And that Gloria (Sofia Vergara).. I do like to look at her. And her son cracks me up.

The way the whole thing is filmed and the colour scheme is pleasant to watch. Besides the show just won a bunch of Emmys.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, great show. One of the better 30 minute comedies. If you haven't watched Community, you should check it out too. I didn't necessarily like the very first episode when it premiered, but I stuck with it and I'm glad I did.

The writers are pretty incredible.... also, is it just me, or do most Christopher Lloyd gets involved with turn to gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the show, it's pretty damn funny...they have SUCH intense awkward moments though (x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    they have SUCH intense awkward moments though (x
    That's one of the great parts