Am I doing it wrong?

I've been stuck at 6/7 Reg FL for about 2 months now. My guild had a rough and late start due to losing people to other larger guilds, and having trouble filling permanent spots, but once we got rolling, we quickly hit 6/7 and were getting sub 20% wipes on Rag for about a week when over the course of a few days, 1 dps vanishes off the face of the earth and won't return phone calls, 1 tank gets hacked and permabanned (someone said he bought the account). So about two months ago, when this downtime seemed to be a permanent thing, I decided to level up another dk alt, gear him up for pvp, and then tanking, and since no one is ever on anymore, I drop him out, and join another guild and raid group that I ran with in the past.

Comparatively, this raid group sucks. A few real nice guys, a couple annoying fucks, but overall, fun people to raid with.

However, before the nerfs, they were 1/7, and had been that way since very early on.

Last week, their first raid since the nerfs, we got 6/7 with only a handful of wipes.

They are ecstatic about it, and I was just "Meh, my loot didn't drop."

They were so excited about downing more bosses that I had on farm for weeks, and all I thought was, damn, my X didn't drop again.

Am I just jaded about raiding? I never felt really hardcore about raiding, but I was kinda proud that we'd gone 6/13 heroic. I was proud that after a rough start, we went 6/7 faster than most guilds.

raiding is different. first time i beat FL i was like... thats it? i was just hitting phase 3 in Rag then at 5.3m hes like :WOW screw u guys im going home".

no huge cinematic or whatever hes just like.. heres some loot bye.

heroics a difff story but firelands does seem kinda empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    raiding is different. first time i beat FL i was like... thats it? i was just hitting phase 3 in Rag then at 5.3m hes like :WOW screw u guys im going home".

no huge cinematic or whatever hes just like.. heres some loot bye.

heroics a difff story but firelands does seem kinda empty.
    Its not an end of expansion raid so don't expect a cinematic. i see Fl as the Naxx before ICC... fun, ok, but no comparison.

After having gone 7/7 normal before the nerf, my guild just wants to faceroll bosses, and only a few of us actually wanted to start hardmodes. Mind you, the guild formed about mid August so I considered it pretty successful to clear Firelands (albeit on normal) with a few numbskulls. I definitely understand when you've just done the fights before and you're just waiting for a drop, raiding gets dull really fast. You can be a shining star in a casual guild, but you'll never get anywhere with people that don't have any desire to improve. For some people, just killing the bosses is enough. I was in a guild like this before everybody just quit during Firelands. We played to have fun, not for heroic progression. Killing 12/12 before 4.1 was enough for those guys.

In the end, you just have to decide what you want from the game. If your current guild can't offer that, it's time to move on.

I think your current, casual guild just isn't cutting it for you. There's nothing strange about not getting excited about bosses you (personally) have had on farm.

Deleted
    I fear that HC raggy will be a nice guild breaker... Almost everyone who is not totaly retarded will have 6/7 soon and than ? Mount everest to climb to beat HC raggy.