Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Molten Elementals at Ragnaros HC 10man

We had been trying various ways how to deal with those little bastards from molten seeds, but still no succes
    what is the best way how to kill them? I know our setup is not ideal (DKtank, Feral tank, mage, lock, elesammy, frost DK,
    hunter and fury war or secondd dk , 2x disc prist as heal) change of setup is mostly out of question sice we have small stable progress group.

Any suggestions?

Two disc priests? Ouch. =p

You have the potential for quite decent aoe in your raid, which after all these nerfs, is definitely the most efficient way to handle the adds. Your lock should be demo for p3/4 anyway, so he can do a fair amount of dps on elementals in p2. Frost dks have excellent burst aoe if played right. Your bear can go also kitty if he's not tanking and spam swipe. Mage can arcane explosion if he drops his seed outside of the group.

Deleted
    mage and lock drop seed outside, than blink /portal and aoe like crazy, but still it seems its not enough. Adds are moving like speed of light....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valheru View Post
    mage and lock drop seed outside, than blink /portal and aoe like crazy, but still it seems its not enough. Adds are moving like speed of light....
    Yep, and just gather up AOE down the rest of the dmg if your players are good enough dmg should be no more then 10 swing

If your tanks can somehow manage to get the taunt rotation down in a way that the druid isn't tanking when seeds spawn, that'd be a huge plus too. Our fDruid does tons to them, in cat and all.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Step 1: Make warrior go Arms and lock go Demo.
    Step 2: Place a marker right next to Rag dead center and spread in a semi circle around it.
    Step 3: When seeds come stack on marker
    Step 4: AoE the fuck out of them when they come, you'll be able to heal through it with a raid CD. You have 2 barriers.

Done deal.

Deleted
    Hunter, lock (demo) and frost dk all have strong aoe, it's likely that your dps aren't maximising their aoe on them yet if your group is still learning the phase. With the mage exploding as well you should be able to kill most of them before they reach the group. That being said, if you do decide to go for a 2nd frost dk you'll definitely be fine for the seeds. If you need to, stagger DPS CD's for each wave (Meta, Empowered Rune Wep for DK's etc) to make sure that you get them down before they get to your raid and start wreaking havoc

Deleted
    thank you guys for suggestions. One more question. Which phase is most difficult on HC rag, according to your oppinion?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valheru View Post
    thank you guys for suggestions. One more question. Which phase is most difficult on HC rag, according to your oppinion?
    Progressing on it but I guess they all have some challenge. P1 is dps race with p3 (3 traps, 1 meteor) However they are 'simple' just dps need to be up to scratch. P2, good calls, great aoe, and dodging lots of fire from world on fire, imo this is the hardest from the 3 usual phases. Then phase 4 will be hard until you spend countless wipes getting it organised I guess, and you got to do the whole fight start to finish to see phase 4 to get a glimpse of hopefully a better execution and strategy change, but by then p1-p3 should be perfect So they all have their challenge I guess.

Deleted
    Transition between p2 and p3 is the hardest if you ask me (can be very random and seem almost impossible at times). The dps race in p3 for 1 meteor can also be rather tight if you have unskilled/undergeared players, if you get 2 meteors in p4 that phase is by far the hardest, but if you only get 1 it's rather easy mode.

I don't want to create a duplicate thread, but we're having similar problems on Ragnaros HC 10m Seeds/Elementals.

Our comp is:
    Prot Pally
    Blood DK
    Arms Warrior
    Rogue (MS Assassination but probably Combat for this)
    Shadowpriest
    Arcane Mage
    Hunter (think Survival for this)
    Boomkin (MS is Resto, but DPS for this)
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest

We are stacking in front of the boss then spreading out in a semi-circle as the Seeds go out, but the adds aren't dying quickly enough. Suggestions?

And is it possible for our group, as others have suggested, to have raid stack after Seeds go out and quickly AoE DPS the adds using CD's to stay alive (Barrier and Divine Guardian enough?).

Quote Originally Posted by cakeisalie View Post
    I don't want to create a duplicate thread, but we're having similar problems on Ragnaros HC 10m Seeds/Elementals.

Our comp is:
    Prot Pally
    Blood DK
    Arms Warrior
    Rogue (MS Assassination but probably Combat for this)
    Shadowpriest
    Arcane Mage
    Hunter (think Survival for this)
    Boomkin (MS is Resto, but DPS for this)
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest

We are stacking in front of the boss then spreading out in a semi-circle as the Seeds go out, but the adds aren't dying quickly enough. Suggestions?
    That's how we're doing it - just starting to learn it - and we have some problems here and there. Our comp is:
    2x Prot Warrior
    Ellie Shaman
    Arc Mage
    S Priest
    Boomkin
    Hunter
    Affliction Lock
    Ret Pally/Second Hunter
    2 healers of: Holy/Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Holy Pally

(obviously, one of the dps sits, usually the ret pally (YES for no-melee group) or the second hunter)

Would also welcome advice

Is spreading out for seeds, and then stacking to aoe them actually viable? We haven't tried it but figured the damage was too much

Deleted
    The hardest part HAS to be the start of p4, when you have a meteor up and until the first breadth of frost spawns and everyone gets into place, with superheated stacking on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    That's how we're doing it - just starting to learn it - and we have some problems here and there. Our comp is:
    2x Prot Warrior
    Ellie Shaman
    Arc Mage
    S Priest
    Boomkin
    Hunter
    Affliction Lock
    Ret Pally/Second Hunter
    2 healers of: Holy/Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Holy Pally

(obviously, one of the dps sits, usually the ret pally (YES for no-melee group) or the second hunter)

Would also welcome advice

Is spreading out for seeds, and then stacking to aoe them actually viable? We haven't tried it but figured the damage was too much
    stacking up and AOEing them all down is quite doable if you have a raid cooldown available for it id go Disc priest Resto druid for healers. use barrier for the 1st 2nd set use tranq and the aoe health CD (forget the name) 3rd one use the other warriors shout and try to use personal CDs and Healthstones.

however if you have a boomkin you are probably best off just doing a side to side aoe method shrooms and typhoon are just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricecooker View Post
    however if you have a boomkin you are probably best off just doing a side to side aoe method shrooms and typhoon are just awesome.
    Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the adds couldn't be cc'd or knocked back while they were stacked up. What am I missing?

What we do, with very little AoE.
    Stack at the far left side. Use someone to call when the seeds are incoming, run at ~1 sec left on the seed timer to the right side, as a group. DK and paladins pop DnD/consecration, we spread out on the right side of the room, the hunter AoE's the adds down as much as he can. Elemental and Enhancement shaman throw a chain lightning each. That's basically the only AoE we've got. When the adds reach each individual target, they're on about ~3-40% hp, dps them down individually.
    Works like a charm for us atleast.

If your elemental shaman can afford it, have him glyph grounding totem. If he has it up when seeds are cast, and he is targeted, that seed will never spawn and you will have one less add.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    If your elemental shaman can afford it, have him glyph grounding totem. If he has it up when seeds are cast, and he is targeted, that seed will never spawn and you will have one less add.
    can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the adds couldn't be cc'd or knocked back while they were stacked up. What am I missing?
    It's not the knockback or CC, it's the sheer ridiculous power of boomkin burst AoE that makes it great. Drop shrooms directly underneath where the stack of seeds fall and blow them up as soon as the seeds explode. Incredible AoE power, you can take them all to 50% before they even start moving if you're lucky.

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Superduperman View Post
    can anyone confirm this?
    I too would like to hear a confirmation on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Superduperman View Post
    can anyone confirm this?
    Yes
    that's how my group's Ele has done it for 2 weeks now. It's pretty neat that class abilities like that aren't completely nullified by the encounter design team.
    Last edited by Minky; 2011-10-01 at 08:09 AM.