Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how many characters per server? (don't answer if NDA breaking)

Any idea? there will be at least 8 yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffaa View Post
    Any idea? there will be at least 8 yes?
    I think it is 8, they said you'd have enough for every character on one server, was on the dev tracker, could've changed since nor, or could still change by launch.

Id imagine there would be at least 8 so you could try one of each class

It's 8. Rather expected given the number of classes and the group sizes (4, 8, 16).

http://darthhater.com/2011/09/26/eur...qa-highlights/
    Q: Character limit per server?
    DE: Eight, there will also be a full character cap, but I'm not sure what it is.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's 8 officially, but I'd rather it be 16 considering Advanced Classes. But 8 will do just fine as ACs don't bring any new story along. And there will be AC "respec".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Only up to a certain level though, definitely not at 50.
    Oh, trust me. it will be at 50. Even if BW is saying now that it won't. It will be. That's how things roll in MMORPGs.

I highly doubt it. Advanced classes are not like changing specs in WoW. It would be more like WoW saying you can respec from a Rogue to a Mage if you feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider View Post
    I highly doubt it. Advanced classes are not like changing specs in WoW. It would be more like WoW saying you can respec from a Rogue to a Mage if you feel like it.
    Well that's not entirely so. Take Druid for instance. Druid can respec "from rogue to mage". SW:ToR classes are all HYBRIDS in WoW terms. There are no PURE classes in SW:ToR. So yeah, AC is like changing spec in WoW.

They are hybrids, sort of. The Advanced Class themselves are the hybrid though. Lets look at the Bounty Hunter. Powertech lets you be a Tank or a DPS, you know kind of like a Death Knight. The Mercenary lets you be a DPS or a Healer, kind of like a Priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are hybrids, sort of. The Advanced Class themselves are the hybrid though. Lets look at the Bounty Hunter. Powertech lets you be a Tank or a DPS, you know kind of like a Death Knight. The Mercenary lets you be a DPS or a Healer, kind of like a Priest.
    No that's not it. It's like Druid. BH PT = Bear + Kitty, BH M = Boomkin + Tree. Every class in SW:ToR is a druid. Anyway it is possible to change AC in SW:ToR already. The point being argued is level 50 AC change.

If you switch Advanced Classes you lose all the abilities of the other Advanced Class. In WoW you can learn all the abilities and even use some in other forms. So no, it isn't the same.

Also they have said that AC change is gonna be restricted to a low level and cost alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you switch Advanced Classes you lose all the abilities of the other Advanced Class. In WoW you can learn all the abilities and even use some in other forms. So no, it isn't the same.
    There's a shared skill tree by all ACs in that class with all the base-line Class Abilities. So no. It's different yes, but not that much.
    Also they have said that AC change is gonna be restricted to a low level and cost alot.
    I know that. All I'm saying is this: eventually it will be available at level 50 with no limit on the number of changes per character.

I think why we don't agree is that you are looking at classes in TOR and relating it to WoW, which is not what TOR is doing. They aren't making it so you can have a character that can respec and do whatever you want. You make a decision and you work within that. Also you are using Druid as your example, which of course, is the only class that can be healer, tank, mdps, and rdps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think why we don't agree is that you are looking at classes in TOR and relating it to WoW, which is not what TOR is doing. They aren't making it so you can have a character that can respec and do whatever you want. You make a decision and you work within that. Also you are using Druid as your example, which of course, is the only class that can be healer, tank, mdps, and rdps.
    1. You throwed WoW classes in (Rogue to Mage). I just followed.
    2. Unrelated to WoW - you can change AC in SW:ToR.
    3. Original point - level 50 AC change.
    4. ???
    5. Back to topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Oh, trust me. it will be at 50. Even if BW is saying now that it won't. It will be. That's how things roll in MMORPGs.
    I'll take your word for it. Cya in two months otherwise!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

will you be able to switch around talent points (swapping to pvp and vice versa) and will there be duel speccing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffaa View Post
    will you be able to switch around talent points (swapping to pvp and vice versa) and will there be duel speccing?
    You will be able to respec within your advance class at launch and it has been stated that they will add dual spec sometime after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You will be able to respec within your advance class at launch and it has been stated that they will add dual spec sometime after launch.
    ah wonderful! i can keep the combinations i still want then

Yeah i hope they dont add AC changing, whats the point its supposed to be a decision you pick at lvl ten and have to stick with.

Im glad its 8 slots ill proper have one server with the 8 different Sith AC's and have one of DS and one of LS

Deleted
    AC change has been covered on other thread already. You CAN change AC but with "huge" price at end levels - think wows 100g(66g+glyphs) but "extreme" since after all, its class not spec change.

If you couldnt change AC pure dps (gunslinger/marauder) would be under-used because their counter AC can perform 2 roles (heal/tank AND dps) and if they ever need/want to tank/heal on operation or flashpoints they would have to reroll all together because they just chose "non-hybrid AC" that time. Its good to be flexible while being allowed to play marauder or gunslinger if wanted.
    But thats going bit offtopic, again.