10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] NEXT ...

just saw "Soul eater" and i liked it, also saw "death note" and FMA, FMA: brotherhood i liked all of them (FMA:brotherhood the most), does anyone know an anime i might like ?

or does somone knows a site that say's: hey you liked this so you might also like this; or one with a good search engine for anime ?

Thanks

ps: i know of sy's list but it's just such a vast post, and i don't know where to start
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

animeseason.com has user recommendations

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like chanbara or mecha anime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like mecha anime :S
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

you like Shonen action type? Try out things like Bleach, there's like 15 seasons of it.
    Lemme get a list out:
    Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Hunter x Hunter, YuYu Hakusho, Rave, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Chrno Crusade, .hack//sign, rurouni kenshin, Occult Academy, Wolf's Rain, Trigun, Hellsing.
    Those are the action types that pop out at me, there are others that I enjoyed, but I don't know if you would like them. If you're picky, you might now.
    If you want to know what they're about, you can look on Wikipedia or just ask in here, I can give a basic description of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    myanimelist.com has a pretty good amount of user recommendations. If you go to the page of a series you like, down towards the bottom will the the user recommendations section. I have found it to be pretty accurate. They will usually include a little review with some of the similarities and such.

For example, here is the page of recommendations for Soul Eater:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/3588/Soul_Eater/userrecs

Code geass, gun grave. Check those out.

Myanimelist and bakabt are good websites.

Even though you don't like mecha I still will recommend Code Geass because it is a master piece. Try El Cazador de la Bruja or Desert Punk. Also Gunslinger Girls is very well done.

Deleted
    One piece 516 episodes so far so wont have to find anything else to watch for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Datub View Post
    i don't know where to start
    Claymore for bloody action-fantasy, Angel Beats! (not on my list yet) for fun with a touch of fighting and light romance in an (un?)typical highschool setting, Full Metal Panic! for mecha and comedy (big part of the mecha stuff actually makes fun of other mecha anime though) :]

or something along that line^^

IMHO, if you already saw Death Note and FMA: Brotherhood, then every other anime is ruined for you. Those two are simply too well written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    IMHO, if you already saw Death Note and FMA: Brotherhood, then every other anime is ruined for you. Those two are simply too well written.
    you do have a point^^
    though i think that really depends on what kind of anime one is into. the 'best' anime for me - as in the ones who i find most touching (in whatever way) and memorable - are mostly romance/drama anime, for example.

I'm digging the new Blue Exorcist (Ao no exorcist)
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

If i may suggest something oh-so-completely different:

Excel Saga
    Dokuro Chan
    Sumomomo Momomo

First two are simply... stupid. Mind fuckingly stupid. But sooo fun...
    Sumomo is... weird. Is fun, has vast amounts of stupidity too, and has an... "interesting"... plot.

For something similar to what you know you like, maybe Darker than Black, elfen lied.

Try these three.

For awesome, insanely well written story, try Code Geass. It has mechs in it, but they're not the main focus of the show. Just think of them like any other type of military hardware and they just kind of blend in.

For something with a well written story and amazing action, try Yu Yu Hakusho.

For something with a pretty good story, and unrivaled action, Dragonball Z.

Linebarrels, was suggested to me and i quite enjoyed it, after that i watched black lagoon, quite enjoyed that aswell

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering your tastes, I personally would recommend series like Claymore, Samurai Champloo and Tetsuwan Birdy. And if you liked the whole 'main character being the villain' thing about Death Note, you should try Code Geass and, if you don't mind reading manga, Akumetsu.

As for looking up anime, both myanimelist.net and anidb.net works fine for that purpose, and for general recommendations the charts on http://animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/Anime_Recommendations mostly holds a high quality
    Last edited by Erihs; 2011-09-30 at 08:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people always miss the plotholes ni Death Note... *sigh* (For one, the fact that Light repeatedly uses his fathers police loggin when his father is at work. (Unless he hacked, and then he should have been noticed unless he was one of the best hackers in the world next to everything else he was).

As for a good anime Monster is highly recomened. Excelent story and writing that at times will twist your head a bit. Probobly the best anime Thriller I've seen. (Or heard of)

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    I'm digging the new Blue Exorcist (Ao no exorcist)
    agreed the series is nice but not to fond of the current arc >.< it wasnt in the manga and just seems to change certain key things of the story.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Last edited by Huzzar; 2011-09-30 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Casual gamer is bound by self limitation. Hardcore gamer is stopped only by outside limitations (such as jobs/school, stuff that is necessity).