Arrow Raid finder plea attempt to save wow?

Wow is dying and I don't believe raid finder is gonna save it. The game suffers from a bigger problem. The underlining mechanics of the game have gotten boring. Wow needs changes in game philosophy and direction. Blizzard needs to shake up the core of wow.

One of the reasons why I think core mechanics have gotten so boring is because we have had the same designers for like 6 years straight? You need new blood and new leadership thrown in from time to time to shake things up and keep them from being stale.

Eventually having the same designers gets to the point were nothing truly new gets introduced just rehashed stuff we have already did a million times over.

This echoes a lot like my signature below which was originally created by none other than Albert Einstein.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2011-09-30 at 02:38 AM.

They actually aren't the same designers. Only 2 (I think) are still around from vanilla. Hell, even ghostcrawler came in late bc if i remember right.

Btw, WoW doesn't need saving...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Wow is dying and I don't believe raid finder is gonna save it. The game suffers from a bigger problem. The underlining mechanics of the game have gotten boring. Wow needs changes in game philosophy and direction. Blizzard needs to shake up the core of wow.

One of the reasons why I think core mechanics have gotten so boring is because we have had the same designers for like 6 years straight? You need new blood and new leadership thrown in from time to time to shake things up and keep them from being stale.

Eventually having the same designers gets to the point were nothing truly new gets introduced just rehashed stuff we have already did a million times over.
    WoW is slowly dying yes, Raid Finder was not designed to save WoW.

Oh and WoW has a big enough player base to get through the next few expansions and wrap up the story and move on to the next Mmo. There is no point in completely changing everything.

i completely agree with you Burning crusade was awsome and even wrath wasnt that bad but cata is basically the same old same old

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh, another "Here's my opinion, you should agree with me so I can feel self important". WoW isn't dying, it's in a decline (oddly, there is a difference. It'd be like saying the economy is dying, when in reality, it's just not growing at the explosive rate we're all used to seeing).

As was stated before, Raid Finder isn't the "Saving Grace" of WoW. It's not meant to magically replace lost subs, nor was it ever meant to. It's meant to help people who love to raid but don't have the time or a solid raiding guild to do it with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft is not dying, and LFR is not a "plea" to keep it alive. Even with a loss of subscriptions, World of Warcraft holds more subscriptions than any other MMO, and more than all of them combined.

World of Warcraft is seven years old at this point. Most of the designers from the original release have moved on, and plenty of new talent has come in. The game is more balanced now than it ever has been, but this has come at a price: things aren't as epic feeling as they used to be. That's simply change, something few people truly enjoy.

If you no longer enjoy the game, don't play, it's really that simple. Don't fall for the sunk cost fallacy and believe that you're throwing away all your "hard work". The time you spent in the game is already gone and you can never get it back.

Deleted
    Wow is dying
    even if blizzard loses 90% of thier player base, subs, x-fers, name change/faction change etc will still be profit.

Wow dies when blizzard kills it.

As what luxyEu said

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    because "i pay 15 dollars a month" i should be able to raid, i should be able to have crap gems crap enchants crap talents no brain at all and still be in a successfull raiding guild because i pay 15 dollars a month. this is the mentality of all the casuals and blizzard do anything to please them. they have to make wow retard proof so any idiot can step into a raid now. back when i played u actually needed a brain to raid and get stuff done and loot wasn't handed out to u on a silver platter like it is nowadays.

this game use to be epic and i could play for 12hours a day and not get bored now i cant log in for 20mins without being bored. i stopped playing this game a couple of months into cata i got bored so i stopped playing the game has taken a huge decline and it's focused on casual players now, why should i play if i dont fit into that category? that is why i dont play if u ar bored just move on i'm moving onto SWTOR and i will return to wow whenever there is a new xpac but not expecting much from blizz after i seen how they destroyed wow with WOTLK and CATA.

TBC was epic
    WOTLK not a good expansion but somewhat enjoyable
    CATA a terrible expansion and blizz are paying for that now with the loss of over 1 millions subs.
    Last edited by Lucarocks92; 2011-09-30 at 02:53 AM.

This echoes a lot like my signature below which was originally created by none other than Albert Einstein.
    Moron....that is all.....

But seriously they have made the game the way it is. Formed it to this newer style of gammer that bitches and complains when they cant kill a progression boss or see end content because they are "casual"

Has nothing to do with the devs. They will stay tru to the game in more of a RP/Lore sense than fashion it their own way. THE PEOPLE crafted and formed this game the way it is. I like the rate of change the quickness problems are addressed now but after bc this game has totally sucked. The "Core Elements" don't exist anymore all because they cater to casuals and the people that bitch.

LFR???? how about LFGuild that doesn't suck and stfu already and make something of the game for yourself. LFR isnt going to fix anything.

Plain and simple this game is OLD its hard to bring in fresh NEW content thats enjoyable and not something we have done or seen before.
    They have to build from ground up complete overhaul to deliver what people expect and its simply not going to happen with this title.

Smarten up be4 these money grubbers say F U and cash out. Stick it to em first December 20th.....all im saying-For the REPUBLIC!
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I wish more people would focus on why I said wow was getting boring rather than just focusing on if wow is dying or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    because "i pay 15 dollars a month" i should be able to raid, i should be able to have crap gems crap enchants crap talents no brain at all and still be in a successfull raiding guild because i pay 15 dollars a month. this is the mentality of all the casuals and blizzard do anything to please them. they have to make wow retard proof so any idiot can step into a raid now. back when i played u actually needed a brain to raid and get stuff done and loot wasn't handed out to u on a silver platter like it is nowadays.
    Remember when we only got epics for raiding and not for doing random dailies? Oh wait, THERE WERE NO RANDOM DAILIES ... And Tier 1 8 piece for a mage SUCKED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    I hope you realize that the "casual" market is pretty much most of the player base? Blizzard, like any company, wants to make money. Catering only to those who prefer everything hardcore would not make very much.

I've posted before about this: don't worry about other players. Worry about yourself. It doesn't matter if other players are using the LFR, or gearing up with gear that is always a tier behind you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    World of Warcraft is not dying, and LFR is not a "plea" to keep it alive. Even with a loss of subscriptions, World of Warcraft holds more subscriptions than any other MMO, and more than all of them combined.

World of Warcraft is seven years old at this point. Most of the designers from the original release have moved on, and plenty of new talent has come in. The game is more balanced now than it ever has been, but this has come at a price: things aren't as epic feeling as they used to be. That's simply change, something few people truly enjoy.

If you no longer enjoy the game, don't play, it's really that simple. Don't fall for the sunk cost fallacy and believe that you're throwing away all your "hard work". The time you spent in the game is already gone and you can never get it back.
    Thanks! You posted pretty much all I wanted to say.

Someday, Blizzard will implement a feature or change and the community won't all leap to the same "WoW is dying! This is their last ditch attempt to save it!" conclusion. Someday. Maybe..

Raid Finder is being implemented to address a request from a portion of the community - those that, for whatever reason, are unable to commit to a regular raid schedule. Nothing more sinister or desperate than simply that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish more people would focus on why I said wow was getting boring rather than just focusing on if wow is dying or not.
    Then perhaps you shouldn't include such statements in the first place.

This thread is basically just flamebait and we really don't need more threads like this so I'm going to lock it.