Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The above poster is right on - the mobs just dont live long enough often times for demo lock to get all spells off when all cd are aligned. Very common in alot of situations in the game weather your raiding or grinding heroics. Very situational spec at the moment. Also has poor single target burst for nuking down trash mobs or adds. Very good single target boss dps with doomguard off cd. love spec on one fight and hate it the next

ahh well yes, my opinion may be a little different since i'm used to heroic rhyo. Although I usually line up my meta for the spark..

How'd we get from: "Why do Spriests get to press 1 button to do amazing AOE Damage....and I have to press 3+ buttons just to compete?" to "You guyz are newbs and dunno how ta play Demo Lox!!! Its EASY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    SoC as affli is also fine
    idk about that... i'm always with the least mana left and with the least damage dealt when using that shit on aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    idk about that... i'm always with the least mana left and with the least damage dealt when using that shit on aoe
    ^this. i always thought i was doing something wrong, but it really just is a shit spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    How'd we get from: "Why do Spriests get to press 1 button to do amazing AOE Damage....and I have to press 3+ buttons just to compete?" to "You guyz are newbs and dunno how ta play Demo Lox!!! Its EASY!"
    Actually I think the OP was about lock aoe on the PTR, I've personally only done the 5 mans and I haven't noticed any major change... but I wasn't looking for any changes dmg wise as well ( also only did them as affliction ).

The only major change on the ptr I've noticed is ele shams actually show up on the meter and above the tank at that on aoe packs!
    Lock -- My Main
    Druid -- My Alt

So far there is no real change that is noticeable on the PTR spell damage-wise and to be fair some random you met and said "X" isn't really a good source to rely on now is it. This person, much like Wikipedia, can say basically what he/she/misc likes and still have no true understanding of what their saying or doing.

The reasons for why the feel a nerf to be the case could be from many sources such as bugs, which run riot on PTR servers; the skill and knowledge an individual has regarding playing the class, literally 80%+ of the PTR are premade toons that actual player has never played before; and even their location can effect latency etc.

Considering it is early days for the current PTR (not beta this is another form of testing entirely) they could very well have changes in the works (and likely do) to certain spells of warlocks we'll just have to wait til they announce them to find out. General rule of thumb is that when spells get nerfed there is usually several threads that sprout up to confirm it across several forums (MMO-Champ, EJ, Lock Den etc.).

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    ^this. i always thought i was doing something wrong, but it really just is a shit spell.
    It mana usage has been less of an issue for me more so than the fact we gotta put a CoE (w/ Jinx talent) followed by a SB+ SoC to dot all the mobs and then spam SoC and lifetap as needed to remain competitive aoe wise against shadow priests and the like as affliction.

Well best aoe from demo would be meta, demon leap + immo aura +shadowflame + hellfire and felstorm . But only usefull if its about 6 + adds and they have more than 150k hp.
    Last edited by Destroman; 2011-10-03 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ikkesant View Post
    meta + chalice trinket,DS,Immo aura, and deamon leap if u are pro :P
    thats how i do it and still under our 2 spriests

AoE is always going to be easier to do than single target because single target is the main focus of the game and therefore has more tools/utility spells. Of all aoe dps, demo has the 2nd most things to do (fire mages) though it's still not much at all.