Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Leesa/StyleClash's Tier List

I was asked to do one in the main LoL thread, and thought I would update it here. I have never, and never will look at Elementz's tier list, so this is from the top of my head. I will go through and do a Lane Tier list, and a Jungle tier list for Summoners Rift. Feel free to post any thoughts/suggestions/arguments.
    Elementz never takes into consideration the EU playstyle, his tier list is aimed mainly at US. I will provide reasons for each pick. Remember, this is >>Ranked and Competition play<< - An argument isn't "it's my favourite champion so I disagree"

Laning:

Top Tier Picks (Either Regularly banned or picked)
    Brand (Middle or Top)
    Caitlyn (Bottom Lane)
    Cassiopeia (Middle Lane)
    Gangplank (Top Lane)
    Kog'maw (Bottom Lane)
    Lee Sin (Top Lane)
    Morgana (Middle or Top)
    Graves (Bottom lane)

Second Tier Picks (Strong picks)
    Akali (Top or Middle)
    Alistar (Support Bottom Lane)
    Anivia (Middle Lane)
    Ashe (Comp dependent, Bottom Lane)
    Cho'Gath (Top Lane)
    Ezreal (Bottom Lane)
    Galio (Top Lane)
    Gragas (Middle Lane)
    Irelia (Top Lane)
    Janna (Support Bottom Lane)
    Karthus (Top Lane or Middle)
    Kassadin (Middle Lane
    Kennen (Top Lane)
    Miss Fortune (Bottom Lane)
    Nasus (Top Lane*)
    Orianna (Middle Lane)
    Riven (Top Lane*)
    Rumble (Top or Middle)
    Singed (Top Lane*)
    Skarner (Middle Lane/Top Lane)
    Sona (Support Bottom Lane)
    Soraka (Support Bottom Lane)
    Talon (Top Lane*)
    Taric (Support Bottom Lane)
    Tristana (Bottom Lane)
    Udyr (Top Lane*)
    Urgot (Expect to see more of him, Bottom Lane)
    Vayne (Bottom Lane)
    Warwick (Top or Middle lane)
    Wukong (Top Lane)
    Yorick (Top Lane)
    Zilean (Middle Lane)
    Nidalee (Top Lane)
    Jax (Top Lane)

Third Tier Picks (Good picks)
    Annie (Middle Lane)
    Blitzcrank (Top Lane, or Support Bottom)
    Corki (Bottom Lane)
    Garen (Top Lane, can work Bottom Lane)
    Jarvan IV (Top Lane)
    Heimerdinger (Middle Lane)
    Katarina (Top or Middle Lane)
    Leona (Support Bottom Lane)
    Lux (Middle, or Support Bottom Lane)
    Malzahar (Middle Lane)
    Maokai (Middle Lane or Top Lane)
    Mordekaiser (Middle Lane or Top Lane)
    Pantheon (Top Lane or Bottom Lane)
    Poppy (Top Lane or Bottom Support-esque)
    Renekton (I sense he will be buffed soon, Top Lane)
    Ryze (Top or Middle Lane)
    Sion (Considering boosting him up, Top Lane)
    Sivir (Bottom Lane)
    Swain (Middle or Top Lane)
    Teemo (Top or Bottom Lane)
    Tryndamere (Top Lane)
    Twisted Fate (Middle or Top Lane)
    Vladimir (Top or Middle Lane)
    Xin Zhao (Top Lane)
    Xerath (Middle Lane)

Fourth Tier Picks (So niche, that they could be anywhere)
    Amumu
    Dr.Mundo (Top Lane)
    Kayle (Top or Bottom Lane)
    Evelynn (Has to Roam)
    LeBlanc (Middle Lane)
    Fiddlesticks (Middle?)
    Karma (Middle Lane or Support Bottom)
    Malphite (Top Lane?)
    Master.Yi (No idea, Top lane maybe?)
    Nocturne (Same as above)
    Nunu (Bottom lane support perhaps?)
    Olaf (Top Lane)
    Rammus (Top Lane or Bottom 'Support')
    Shaco (Bottom Lane AP?)
    Shen (Bottom Lane Support / Top Lane)
    Trundle (Top Lane)
    Twitch (Has to Roam)
    Veigar (Middle Lane)

Jungling

Top Tier Picks:
    Lee Sin
    Gangplank
    Nocturne

Second Tier Picks:
    Amumu
    Fiddlesticks
    Trundle
    Riven
    Shaco
    Udyr
    Warwick
    Rammus
    Jarvan IV

Third Tier Picks:
    Nunu
    Tryndamere
    Twitch
    Alistar
    Cho'Gath
    Maokai (I don't care if OddOne suddenly loves him, they've lost 80% of scrims that OddOne has played Maokai)
    Olaf
    Shen
    Xin Zhao

Currently not sure:
    Skarner - He's either very good, or very bad, depending on who's playing.
    Wukong
    Blitzcrank

WTF are you doing:
    Everything else.

* - These champions should 99% have top lane. Lane switching, unless extremely farmed shouldn't be attempted, as weaknesses/strong points mean they solely need top. Singed for example, unless he can run at, and kite, and dive passed turrets, loses a lot of pressure if he has to go mid.

Graves Patch
    Jax moved from tier 1 to tier 2
    Moved Nidalee and Skarner to Tier 2 from Tier 3
    Added Graves to Tier 1 currently, might get tweaked depending on nerfs
    Xerath added to tier 3.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2011-10-26 at 12:00 AM.

A tip would be if you sorted mid champs top champs and bot champs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    A tip would be if you sorted mid champs top champs and bot champs
    Sure sure, will do so now.

Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Sure sure, will do so now.
    Tyvm and it's a great idea with this tier list

I'm no where near rank or comp play but I am sad to see Xin Zhao not be a viable jungler at that level. He is the one I am learning how to jungle with and was hoping later on down the road I could use him for real play when it mattered.

So my question to you is, keeping in mind I have only seen rank play videos, what makes Xin Zhao an absentee from people's jungling lists?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I'm no where near rank or comp play but I am sad to see Xin Zhao not be a viable jungler at that level. He is the one I am learning how to jungle with and was hoping later on down the road I could use him for real play when it mattered.

So my question to you is, keeping in mind I have only seen rank play videos, what makes Xin Zhao an absentee from people's jungling lists?
    Mainly because he's..too weak scaling into late game, whereas other bruiser type champions scale better. You either have to build him glass cannon at the expense of survivability, or survivability at the expense of damage. It's almost too easy to get away from his gank as well, unless he has red buff, making his presence non-existent early game. He's a very...Warwick-esque jungler, except not as safe :P

kassadin should be tier one simple as that. Counters every ap mid except morgana and she doesn't kill him.

Mainly because he's..too weak scaling into late game, whereas other bruiser type champions scale better. You either have to build him glass cannon at the expense of survivability, or survivability at the expense of damage. It's almost too easy to get away from his gank as well, unless he has red buff, making his presence non-existent early game. He's a very...Warwick-esque jungler, except not as safe :P
    Awesome knowledge. So I think what I'll do is just learn to jungle a bit more with him for now. Because the people I play against usually aren't very good and he works at this point of the game. Then later on down my path I'll just pick up one of the more viable late game pro junglers and try my hardest to learn them.

Any personal suggestion for one? Even a suggestion for one to learn right now instead of XZ would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Hey how come you put in a star ->*<- at some of the champs like this: Riven (Top Lane*)
    Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Abtul View Post
    Hey how come you put in a star ->*<- at some of the champs like this: Riven (Top Lane*)
    Just wondering
    Think it's because we don't know / found the meta build for those champs yet

Edit: I was clearly wrong soz

10+ Year Old Account
    My only complaints from a quick scan:

Annie shouldn't be 3rd tier for laning... she is one of the strongest mid's in the game and often demands a Morgana counter-pick.. (at certain ELO's) I would probably put Akali in tier 1 although I can understand where you placed her.. she isn't as useful in tanky dps meta.. I would put Udyr in tier 1 for top lane..

Just an opinion on your list.. could be wrong.. but I enjoyed the list very much! Keep up the good work..
    "Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves."
    -Carl Sagan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by champ3000 View Post

Annie shouldn't be 3rd tier for laning... she is one of the strongest mid's in the game and often demands a Morgana counter-pick.. (at certain ELO's) I would probably put Akali in tier 1 although I can understand where you placed her.. she isn't as useful in tanky dps meta.. I would put Udyr in tier 1 for top lane..

Just an opinion on your list.. could be wrong.. but I enjoyed the list very much! Keep up the good work..
    While Annie was strong, it was a hard decision to put her where she was. I decided in the end, that due to her ratios being nerfed recently, and other casters having a higher poke and sustained damage output, they warrented the higher place. With her range, she requires to be real close with the enemies, and with the current high damage output brusiers, I figured it will be too risky to place her higher, as unless you've nailed the positioning, you'd have a hard time.

Think it's because we don't know / found the meta build for those champs yet

Edit: I was clearly wrong soz
    I forgot to[*] at the end to say that some champions, like Singed, and Nasus thrive the best top lane, and shouldn't be considered for middle Lane. The length of top, and the openness of ganks, lets Nasus farm somewhat freely, as having an on demand slow that is very high at rank 1, makes laning against a Nasus kind of risky, if you want to go aggressive. Sometimes, take for example Udyr, it's a necessity to go middle (I'm thinking pre-Orianna nerf, Udyr could withstand and sustain through Oriannas high early game harass)

kassadin should be tier one simple as that. Counters every ap mid except morgana and she doesn't kill him.
    Again, this was another champ I was going to bump up, but put him where he was for now. Playing as Kassadin is quite the drag pre level 6, and you rely on blue buff to be able to shut down people, and escape. If the game is snowballing against you, and you don't have control of your own jungle, it's risky to play him. Tier 1 champions can usually thrive under these kind of circumstances. Cassi can farm from range, for example, and has manacost reduction in her passive.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by champ3000 View Post

I would put Udyr in tier 1 for top lane..

It was another toss up for me here. I see the strength of Udyr, and he can't be bullied out the lane, but, overall, as all his damage is magic (Including the Tiger Stance bleed) he scales a little bit worst than other brusiers into late. What he lacks in damage, however, he makes up in tankiness. I was able to zone 3 people from a fight at the 30 minute mark. So yeah, I can see why he should, and if there was a tier "1.5" between 1 and 2, I would definately drop him in it. The nerf to his mana regen in turtle stance, also made his laning considerably 'harder' although it's not truely difficult. But if put against a high harass (Gangplank, Yorrick, Akali) etc, he will struggle to get any CS and will have a hard time getting that Wriggles, unless he rushes A philostone, and even then, he can still be bullied about.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2011-09-30 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Annie was strong, it was a hard decision to put her where she was. I decided in the end, that due to her ratios being nerfed recently, and other casters having a higher poke and sustained damage output, they warrented the higher place. With her range, she requires to be real close with the enemies, and with the current high damage output brusiers, I figured it will be too risky to place her higher, as unless you've nailed the positioning, you'd have a hard time.

It was another toss up for me here. I see the strength of Udyr, and he can't be bullied out the lane, but, overall, as all his damage is magic (Including the Tiger Stance bleed) he scales a little bit worst than other brusiers into late. What he lacks in damage, however, he makes up in tankiness. I was able to zone 3 people from a fight at the 30 minute mark. So yeah, I can see why he should, and if there was a tier "1.5" between 1 and 2, I would definately drop him in it. The nerf to his mana regen in turtle stance, also made his laning considerably 'harder' although it's not truely difficult. But if put against a high harass (Gangplank, Yorrick, Akali) etc, he will struggle to get any CS and will have a hard time getting that Wriggles, unless he rushes A philostone, and even then, he can still be bullied about.
    I agree with all of those points.. And I think you may have swayed me.. At least on Udyr! Haha.. I'm not really big on tier lists.. but why no tier 1 support champs? I consider tier 1 champs to be the best in their roles.. and the best supports (Taric, Sona) should be up there.. I am just not sure whether supports actually make it up there in the other tier lists tho..
    "Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves."
    -Carl Sagan

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider tier 1 champs to be the best in their roles..
    Usually, the tier 1/god tier/S tier represent the characters/options that are so stupidly broken that you simply can't competitive play without them. I don't think there's a support on that situation.

Deleted
    Don't know about supports. Now it sounds as if supports are more like a second pick. It might be because I just play support a lot, but I at least think Sona should be in your top tier list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Don't know about supports. Now it sounds as if supports are more like a second pick. It might be because I just play support a lot, but I at least think Sona should be in your top tier list.
    Supports aren't groundbreaking in what they do. Sona is very comp dependent, although she's quite flexible. You don't see the enemy team pick Sona and go "WTF, WHY DID YOU LET THEM HAVE HER?!?!!?!?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Supports aren't groundbreaking in what they do. Sona is very comp dependent, although she's quite flexible. You don't see the enemy team pick Sona and go "WTF, WHY DID YOU LET THEM HAVE HER?!?!!?!?!"
    They do that with Alistar.

Don't use Blitz as a solo top - he's horrible there. The only place he fits into the current SR meta is as a support-y bot duo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    They do that with Alistar.

Don't use Blitz as a solo top - he's horrible there. The only place he fits into the current SR meta is as a support-y bot duo.
    He's not horrible, but you've been watching too much Doublelift. He's quite viable top, just not as often seen. I'd liken him to a Poppy top. It works, it can work, but there's a reason it's a third tier pick . And Alistar hasn't been contested for about 2 patches now, after his ratios got nerfed to hell. Supports are predominately picked based on what they're duoing bottom with. Caitlyn and Taric, Kog and Alistar, Ashe and Janna, etc etc.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2011-10-01 at 07:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not horrible, but you've been watching too much Doublelift. He's quite viable top. And Alistar hasn't been contested for about 2 patches now, after his ratios got nerfed to hell. Supports are predominately picked based on what they're duoing bottom with. Caitlyn and Taric, Kog and Alistar, Ashe and Janna, etc etc.
    I don't watch videos at all.

All I know is that Blitz doesn't farm well, is extremely vulnerable to harass (especially poke), and doesn't even really have the damage output to be scary early on. He'd get laughed out of the lane versus a proper solo top like Singed or Gangplank. Even Galio would probably laugh at him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I don't watch videos at all.

All I know is that Blitz doesn't farm well, is extremely vulnerable to harass (especially poke), and doesn't even really have the damage output to be scary early on. He'd get laughed out of the lane versus a proper solo top like Singed or Gangplank. Even Galio would probably laugh at him.
    If you're using those 3 as example, I ask, why would you pick Blitz against them? It's a third tier pick. It's like putting Poppy up there, and expecting her to not struggle versus high harass.

The way you said "Even Galio.." makes me believe you doubt the viability of a Galio pick as well. Galio has amazing harass and lane control, and a built in sustain. Put a Chalice on him, and it's very, very, very difficult to out harass a Galio, even if you're on Gangplank.

When playing versus an aggressive Galio, I have to level my Remove Scurvy after Parrlay to keep up with the harass.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2011-10-01 at 07:49 AM.