netherspite is soloable?

how?

i have a lot of probs wiht him as a ret pala
    Don't let him get the green beam

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    netherspite is soloable?

how?

If you position yourself correctly you can catch all 3 beams or at least 2 of the beams in 1 go. First phase should be enough to nuke him down. I used to farm him at 80 on my kara runs.

you can solo it easy but there are some bosses that require more than simple dps
    1. event boss the wolf with the debuff
    2. chess event
    3. the dragon with the buffs/debuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    you can solo it easy but there are some bosses that require more than simple dps
    1. event boss the wolf with the debuff
    2. chess event
    3. the dragon with the buffs/debuffs
    In case you read the 5 posts before yours, the dragon with the buffs ( netherspite ) can be soloed with simple dps. Just stand in the green beam and nuke him.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpvp View Post
    can i solo karazahn as i heard that grom hellscrems axe drops from a boss in there
    Just got the Gorehowl few days ago, its very nice lorewise and also graphical.

Tending to use it with T1, nice and basic.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

netherspite is soloable?

how?

Really? oO I killed him with my Disc Priest at least twice or so while farming reputation. (and gold, before the nerf)
    Lv80 you had to trick pull him out of his room with many classes, but Lv85 whole Kara is really easy.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you bring a friend or someone you know with you. Makes the chess-event rather easy.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpvp View Post
    can i solo karazahn as i heard that grom hellscrems axe drops from a boss in there
    Quite easily. It might take you a few tries to beat chess event though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg people lol chess is retarded, I was a little worried myself when I tried solo...but you literally don't have to do shit lol, at least this is how it goes for me once a week...all I do is wait for there king to move close enough to cleave....and shazam lol, while waiting I just kept the kings BL up, and that about it...once I won the 1st time I rofl'd to my guild, and I guess thats the way alot of our people are doing it as well!

Solo'd every boss on 371item lvl protadin, for dragon just block his green beam, then stack I believe red it was? for 200%+ dmg increase and hope your geared enough to take him down before a new portal phase....edit got that backwards, red then to green...got the dmg increase, then cut off his healing.

I believe any class can solo, trash dies from 2 hammers...so ya, no real threat from anything ive encountered
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2011-09-30 at 01:11 PM.

Any class can solo Kara

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    In case you read the 5 posts before yours, the dragon with the buffs ( netherspite ) can be soloed with simple dps. Just stand in the green beam and nuke him.
    if you go to the farthest end of the netherspite room and position the boss there, with you standing between the beams and the boss, you can catch all 3 beams and kill him as any spec within seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Easy peasy up to chess.
    (Chess are tricky regardless of class)
    I don't see how chess can EVER be a problem. If he has anything to worry about it is Netherspites regen. Unless he knows how to pick up all the beams at once (I did it once on my ele shaman at the beginning of Cata but I don't remember how I did it).

Araan, the flame wreath is great fun. I like bringing my GF just so I can troll her with the damage from it. But it's pretty much an easy solo.
    Netherspite stand in the green bead.
    Chess, you have to spend some time mastering. There are guides about.

Mammoths short guide to chess:

1. Grab peon in front of king. Move forward 1, jump out (cancel buff).
    2. Grab queen, run across the board diagonally while shooting the enemy king lots.
    3. Keep shooting and move when needed.
    4. Enemy cheats and puts fire down. This will always target the king and your current piece.
    5. Move the queen and jump out.
    6. Get in the king ASAP, move him forward into the space you made.
    7. Keep cleaving and move the king towards the other king.
    8. King will auto attack pieces directly in front of you, this applies to both you and the enemy.
    9. Stand to the side or back of the enemy king and keep hacking away.
    10. It is more important to be away from the front of the enemy king than to be facing him. His auto-attacks tend to beat your auto-attacks if you enter a straight auto-attack race. If he turns to face you, don't hesitate to move to his side instead. Worry about fixing your auto-attack direction next CD.
    11. Win, (or wipe if stage 6 onwards went wrong).

I'm sure there are other methods, but this is the one that has worked for me ever since the 2 hours wiping on it working it out. The fight seemed to have been buffed at some point so some guides gave me bad advice. For instance, the fight didn't used to put fire under your king always. I can guarantee you it always puts fire under your king now.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2011-09-30 at 01:58 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Easy peasey, plus u make a crap load of gold, get cool weapons, and get to beat the crap out of content that originallly kicked your butt. Did I say u make a crap load of gold? Netherspite, tank him in the back cornerleft hand side and stand in the green beam. NP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramman View Post
    Easy peasey, plus u make a crap load of gold, get cool weapons, and get to beat the crap out of content that originallly kicked your butt. Did I say u make a crap load of gold? Netherspite, tank him in the back cornerleft hand side and stand in the green beam. NP
    No, you don't get a crap load of gold at all. Blizzard nerfed the instance. Each boss only drops 2-6g now.

I used to run Kara every week, netted 400g a run, now it's just a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    looked up a chess strat when i did it. Key is to get your rooks to the center of the board asap and the ai spams their aoe, then get on queen and nuke the opposing king, one shot it the first time and hasn't failed me once yet. Only thing ya gotta watch out for is if fire spawns on your king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    netherspite is soloable?

how?

Just Wait until he is at the windows in the back of the room, then attack him there picking up as many of the three beams as you can, pop all CD's and burn. Easy.

Deleted
    Yeah OP, Kara is stupid easy. Just AoE down entire rooms, bosses only have about 300k Health each.
    Netherspite, just stand in the green beam and burst him.
    For Chess, you basically want to baby sit the King, or atleast, that's how I do it. Make sure you move a Soldier/Grunt diagonal to him, out the way, then just sit in a Healer all the time, changing to a King just when you think Medivh's about to cheat, so you can move out of it. Heal the King whenever it's off CD (and he's actually lost health) and use the other spell to help damage others. It does largely rely on luck though.

Any class can wreck it in under and hour. chess is tricky but doable, I'd suggest inviting 1-2 friends to help you there though. Sooo much easier that way, and none of my friends care for BC loot like I do
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it as a mage, I don't see how a war couldn't. I didn't do Maiden, mostly because I couldn't find her lol. I'd never been to kara before this. All of the bosses were easy except for Prince and Chess. Prince, I wiped once (I popped mirrors and got the enfeeble on me) and Chess took me over an hour before the stars aligned in my favor. Again, this is as a squishy mage. I was Arcane most of the way through, but had to switch to frost on Curator and Prince (I needed my ice shield!). With bloodthirst always on CD, I don't see any of the bosses being an issue to you. Although hope you don't get the Big Bad wolf; going solo, you hardly get any time at all to do DPS to him, you spend far too much time as red riding hood lol.

I think Netherspite was the easiest in there...if you stand under the telescope, with him against the windows, you'll catch all three beams, and then just obliterate him. Which is kinda funny, because reading up on him made it sound like he was one of the hardest!