Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol 30 day vacations. Oh, you mean 'vacations'. Well, I guess prison could be a vacation if you're into that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    lol at idiots who try to use real life situations for a something meaningless.
    lol @ you for taking time IN REAL LIFE to type that for no constructive reason. go play some fish on your xbox.

i offer nothing but constructive discussion with accurate examples and this is what i get, abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by shammaz View Post
    well i'm sure your best friends laugh at you when they ask you out for drinks but you tell them your leading a rags fight tonight.. they'll think your guildfriend is on her.. yeah.. you know what i mean - and not touch her anyway SO YEAH i guess your right, they wouldnt. but your guild officers? that you know only through an lcd monitor (or crt if you cannot afford lcd, or plasma if you're silly/use it as a television too!)

TOO MANY HOLES IN THIS SYSTEM IM NOT LIKING IT!
    Multiple issues with this. My girlfriend raids with me. She's one of my two highest ranked officers. The other one, I may have met via WoW, but over the past years, we've invited him over several times and know him just as well as any other person we consider a close friend.

Of course you can't trust a person you have never met. That's why you don't. Make sure you have a decent person in your guild to take over when you can't log in even for a minute over 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    As others have noted this "30 days of inactivity and I can take over the guild" policy has been going on for awhile. It has led to some pretty uphappy campers who didn't know the policy and returns to find they are no longer GM of the guild. I actually like this feature as it brings that policy to the foreground and out in the open so GM's can take appropriate steps of either promoting someone or kicking everyone out rather then some shady behind the scene maneuvering. My problem is the policy itself as I can see people gone from 30 days that is beyond their control. For instance getting into an accident and having to go to the hospital. Or I know a lot of army guys play over in Iraq and I can think of a few scenarios why they may not log in. Also, there is no option for the GM to get his guild back unless the new GM is nice and hands it back. While I do feel sorry for those who have the leader quit on them it's not like they don't have the option of quitting and starting their own guild.
    1) Why should they have to quit the guild just because the GM is absent for a while? If it's someone high enough rank to be eligible under the new system, odds are (s)he has contributed quite a bit. Take my present guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/th...lifetime&dir=a that is a list of contribution of guild xp, sorted by highest lifetime contribution. Dajakisubo and Zulandir are both my characters, and Lumindae belongs to my wife. Together we hold the top 3 spots. Our GM holds virtually all power as far as guild permissions. He is GM, his girlfriend is rank 1, rank 2 is reserved for their alts, rank 3 is the highest rank outside of the two of them. My paladin is rank 3, and all I can do as far as guild permissions go is access one additional bank tab and invite new guild members (I cannot promote, just invite). I have no problem with any of this, and it works well... so long as our guild master is here. If he went AWOL for some reason, we couldn't do much to maintain the guild. Why should my wife and I have to start a new guild to keep guild functionality going? (I use my guild because I know and trust my GM, and he wouldn't go awol that long without letting someone know).

2) Yes, now everyone will know about it. That's good and bad. A lot of people who were upset were former GMs who didn't know about the policy, and were usurped by those who did. Now they know about it, and can actively protect themselves against it, if they feel it might be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by shammaz View Post
    lol @ you for taking time IN REAL LIFE to type that for no constructive reason. go play some fish on your xbox.

i offer nothing but constructive discussion with accurate examples and this is what i get, abuse.
    lol at you thinking that a drunk girlfriend situation translates somehow into something even remotely resembling an online guild does show that you're a complete tool. You offer nothing but idiotic statements and constructive stupidity. And I have no idea what fish on an xbox even means. I guess I haven't got to that level of loserdom.

As a GM of a level 25, more-than-a-year-old, guild, I like this idea. The moment I don't log onto my character for 30 days, I don't deserve to be the GM. Hell things get rough after a week or two without a GM.

Also note that if you're even logged in for a second you can reset the timer. Go on vacation? take 10 seconds to log on, say hi to everyone, log off and enjoy another 29 days off.

so basically, if you are a guildmaster who doesnt do your job for 30+ days, you get fired. yup. sounds good to me. should have been done a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    This new system has more control than the tickets as it will at least filter people based on eligibility of their rank where as now whoever tickets first (no matter the rank) can get the leadership.
    That changed. I petitioned for GM on a level 1 char that had been in the guild for 5 minutes and they didn't hand it over. Instead they promoted the highest ranking active member, who never knew what hit him :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shesta View Post
    30 days is a bit...short. O_o
    totally agree, it should be changed to 60+

Quote Originally Posted by Nastified View Post
    How is this difficult to test? Have 20 Blizz employees create 5 guilds each. Log in on first day, none thereafter. Then log in on officer toons inside each respective guild every day thereafter, to maintain activity. They DO want to test this, right?
    You missunderstood what they meant. They have probably already thoroughly tested it internally. What they meant was that it will be hard for players to test on the PTR because of the 30 day requirement.

I think people who are complaining about this are being overdramatic. If someone leaves the game for 30+ days (willingly or not), the guild and the game have obviously lost its importance in that persons life.

If you've got officers who would just kick everyone out if they were guildmaster, you've got more problems than just your guildmaster going inactive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    So pretty much the fastest guy wins, it shouldn't be like that. They should introduce a vote if there are several officers.
    EXACTLY this. Kind of unfair, considering time zones, work schedules, and whatnot. Just because someone's first to log in while the GM's time expires doesn't mean he's fit for the job. They could take the GM position when nobody was really paying attention, boot everyone out, and keep the guild to themselves. Granted, hopefully Blizzard wouldn't let that slide, but this IS Blizzard we're talking about...

If there are several officers, it should be an elected official to take the GM position. One more layer of defense, I guess. Otherwise, they'll end up with a GM they don't necessarily want, and the guild would fall apart from everyone abandoning ship.

I think many are focusing on the wrong thing. The issue is how many guild leaders have left the game so that Blizzard thought this was a tool was developing. It's a horrible sign that so many GLs have left because they often hold guild together and people in the game.

or they could just remove the POS system that is currently the only reason why this matters at all. yes I'm talking about guild reputation which is fucking shit

granted, so is the guild levels, can't create new guilds anymore cuz no1 would join lvl 1 guilds
    Last edited by jonte912; 2011-09-30 at 09:44 PM.

When this first came to light, I was debating on quitting or just gkicking everyone out of my guild, since I bought it with my old guild - and do go on long vacations. However with this, I'm thinking of just hanging my wow-reigns and moving on to my next hobby. This is IMO the worst system implemented in this game to date, and that's including the terrible RBG system.I regularly go on 1-2 month excursions about once every year or so, and with this new system - I come back home and suddenly my ~80,000g guild is stolen from me under sanction of blizzard, all because I invited 1 guys alt and kept him on the bottom rank, so he could get 20% more xp/rep/honor, and buy his dark phoenix / lv25 guild mount. I'd feel bad for booting him now, but essentially my choices are : boot him or get my guild stolen from me. God forbid I actually have a small-medium sized social guild, and have a real life of my own that involves any form of international travel.I hate this system. I truly do. This alone will probably make me cancel my account, and be done with this game.

Deleted
    the only change to the current situation is, that you dont have to ask a gm to do it. you can allready get the guildleader ship when you write a ticked and the gl is off for more than 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by boubouille View Post
    new in 4.3: Inactive guild leader replacement
    Originally Posted by lylirra (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    if guild leadership is changed, the old guild leader will be notified via email to his or her registered battle.net address.
    So instead of notify the guild leader beforehand so he can choose if he wants to disband everyone or promote to GL his/her choosen one, they send a mail after they replace him?

I will only be able to imagine the blizz employee that designed this like this from now on:

I mean, what is the mail after the change for, if we have seen in the official forums that they never undo the leadership changes. (or at least I have never seen one)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    How in the world could someone "abuse" this LOL? If a guild leader is inactive for more than 30 days, it's time to pass leadership. So please explain how this could possible be "abused"?
    The way it can get abused is the first "officer" to request Leadership gets GM no questions asked and there is nothing the guild can do about it. basiclly it creates a dictatorship. The Gm takes a break I think I can do better so I beat everyone else to it and now the guild is mine. There needs to be a vote option from the other officers before it gets aporved.

Eh, I don't see a problem with it admittedly, for a while, my guild (fairly active guild, a good 50 account strong playerbase) had our guild leader gone for a month or two. We knew the guy IRL, and he just couldn't play. Two months passed, and due to our leader not being around, a -lot- of things we were trying to get done couldn't be because of permissions (typically rules implemented by the officers and the like or just general administrative stuff to keep things organized). Really, I take a good month or so off of WoW yearly as well, twice yearly even. If I had a guild leader position, I would sure as hell just give it to an officer I trusted that I know would be active. If you are so paranoid people will usurp your power, why did you make them officers in the first place? As most people said, if you have to go for a month, just make sure you have an officer you trust or a friend take over.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will only be abused by guilds with complete and utter idiots at the helm. If you know you're going to be away for 30+ days, you promote your highest ranked, most trusted officer. If you couldn't trust him with your guild bank or guild responsibilities, they don't deserve even the faintest whiff of leadership. Or, better yet, you could communicate this sort of shit with your guild. "Hey guys, I'm going to be AFK for a bit because I'm moving/have other responsibilities/just taking a break from WoW, if the guild leader inactivity option comes up, it defaults to so-and-so but I want you guys to still behave as if I were the guild leader - IE so-and-so will be leader in title alone, but the guild will still do things as normal. Loot councils, democratic voting in of members, so on and so forth." It's amazing what happens when you act like responsible, mature adults without the passive-aggressive bullshit. If you're going to cock off for 30+ days without a word, and you're running a really real guild, not one of those one-off guilds with seven people who log on infrequently, the more active, responsible members of the guild should be able to continue to function as a guild without having to roundabout things like bank permissions and so forth. Any guild over level 3 can't be disbanded anyway, even by the guild leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    decent idea, I like it, but I think the name is a bit long... I much prefer 'Incite coup d'etat'
    Bahahaha! I think I'm going to institute a rule that if a coup is ever staged, it has to be a reenactment of "Mutiny on the Bounty".