View Poll Results: Do you like How I met your mother?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

59 74.68%
  • No...

20 25.32%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It was a great show the first 5-6 seasons , after that something changed and frankly this season i just skipped through the episodes , uninspired and just boring really .

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the show would've been better if it didnt go for so long and the final season focused more on "the mother" rather than these stupid one off filler episodes.

the latest episode with the mothers backstory was great!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    She makes Ted look like a buffoon, tbh.
    lol I think Ted just does that on his own. He's a complete fool, and I think I hate him every time I learn more about him. Kinda funny for someone that's meant to be the "main" character.

edit: Also thinking back on it, an easy way they could have avoided the stupidity of the framing story would have simply been to have the kids ask the question, then maybe imply that most of the series is ted thinking back on the story (I'll get back to you on that kids!) then maybe the last season is him actually telling the story.

I still find it odd how apparently the story of meeting their mother involves ted talking about all the random girls he had sex with. "How I met your mother? WELL 1st me and my crazy friend drank every drink in college and then some TV personality you won't know helped us find a HAMBURGER shop. Oh and I had sex with a baker and this girl hated my building but I SEXED HER TOO and then she hated me but then my friends became her friends....wait where are you going! It's only going to take me another 5 or 6 hours at most, come on!....oh well, I'll just keep telling myself, anyway me, I then had sex with another 10 girls, no 20, I was a STUD you see...."
    Last edited by Icaras; 2014-02-01 at 05:13 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

also amusing when Robin's sister was talking about losing her virginity and he tries to spin it to his kids as a big event, given that he was telling them about his threesome...

Episode in 3 lines:

Ted lets go of Robin

Barney lets go of the Playbook

Marshall and Lily make up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Episode in 3 lines:

Ted lets go of Robin
    Right before he meets his future wife, no less. Because he didn't do it the last 15 times, I guess he had to be on a beach.
    Barney lets go of the Playbook
    Much more believable story. Haaaave you met Justin?
    Still confused on this one. Marshall learning not to "compete" with Lily is good, but I don't understand why she was apparently mad in the first place, or why she decided to stay. I don't believe "ghost Lily" was necessarily exactly what real Lily would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Right before he meets his future wife, no less. Because he didn't do it the last 15 times, I guess he had to be on a beach.

Much more believable story. Haaaave you met Justin?

Still confused on this one. Marshall learning not to "compete" with Lily is good, but I don't understand why she was apparently mad in the first place, or why she decided to stay. I don't believe "ghost Lily" was necessarily exactly what real Lily would say.
    Well she was originally mad because Marshall didn't console her about taking the judge job, and then she flipped out when Marshall brought up 7 years ago when they weren't even married and she did something stupid. Maybe ghost Lily wasn't saying exactly what Lily would say, but I think the gist of it was there. They are a family, and they could be a family by staying in New York. It would be hard to go to Italy, and then a year later have to come back to New York without a stable job, and all while taking care of an infant.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Was forced to watch this while playing poker this week (apparently, I *do* have friends that like it) because there was no important sports stuff on, and it has gotten way worse... which say something because I already thought it was a pretty poor show. I legitimately don't understand the appeal.
    I'm with this, it's not even remotely funny (to me anyways) same as modern family

It's weird, the show has a laugh track, and even those pre-recorded laughs don't seem to want to laugh at this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Episode in 3 lines:
    And no mention of who she left with or what she did or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's weird, the show has a laugh track, and even those pre-recorded laughs don't seem to want to laugh at this show.
    LOL I FELT THAT AS WELL!!!

I thought the episode was fine except ted and robin's story. You know, we have seen so many god damn fucking Ted letting go of fucking Robin but trust me, he didn't let go. I'm pretty sure he got the locket still

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    LOL I FELT THAT AS WELL!!!

I thought the episode was fine except ted and robin's story. You know, we have seen so many god damn fucking Ted letting go of fucking Robin but trust me, he didn't let go. I'm pretty sure he got the locket still
    They didn't show him diving for it, so who knows. Was watching a rerun with another time he let go of robin and thinking on how it really, really gets tiresome since it's been established that there is NO WAY she is the Mother, over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They didn't show him diving for it, so who knows. Was watching a rerun with another time he let go of robin and thinking on how it really, really gets tiresome since it's been established that there is NO WAY she is the Mother, over and over again.
    I kinda feel bad for the mother. At least her former love is dead. She can move on. Robin's alive and kicking, and we've seen he's never gonna fully let her go. Imagine being married to that.

Random What If involving the new episode:

What if they had Justin and the other guy be part of the main cast in the spin-off? Would be an interesting, but not direct enough to hate the idea, tie-in.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I love seeing the mother so much more than Ted, I wish she'd get married to someone else :/. To be fair though, we haven't yet been subjected to 9 seasons of her bumbling her way through half of NY's men, so maybe I'm being a little too hard on Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I kinda feel bad for the mother. At least her former love is dead. She can move on. Robin's alive and kicking, and we've seen he's never gonna fully let her go. Imagine being married to that.
    Keep in mind, he's been telling the kids all about his obsession with Robin!

So.....last episode in the series tonight. I totally found that out by random, and discovered I was about 4 episodes behind. Oh well.

Never have I been so pre-disappointed in a sitcom finale. Only Dexter competes, overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm its gonna be a hate or like it ending. I don't know what to think of it. My mind was off during the entire time. I just don't understand why they chose to spend so much time on that wedding for the entire season when this was more interesting.

I'm dumbfounded, ala Dexter finale syle. So they basically kill the mother so Robin can have another chance to be with Ted, for like what the third time?? That's some next level bullshit. And we don't even know how Tracy dies, we just see her in a hospital bed and that's it, gone, cya. You popped your two kids now move along, Ted must be with Robin since he stole a blue trumpet on their first date. This is just ridiculous.
    At least Dexter gave up his son and love to protect them from himself, but this finale is on another level of weirdness.
    Last edited by ganiccus; 2014-04-01 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just don't understand. You know, every show has a point. Generally sitcoms don't ever have one as its just stupid dumb funny jokes but HIMYM from what I could tell, had a solid point to it. Instead, I don't get it at all. Why did the mother die? What was the purpose of those final scenes? Why the fuck did they do another Robin and Barney breakup again. Holy crap, now that I am sitting here, thinking about it, it makes me wonder just what was going on in their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Yeah I just don't understand. You know, every show has a point. Generally sitcoms don't ever have one as its just stupid dumb funny jokes but HIMYM from what I could tell, had a solid point to it. Instead, I don't get it at all. Why did the mother die? What was the purpose of those final scenes? Why the fuck did they do another Robin and Barney breakup again. Holy crap, now that I am sitting here, thinking about it, it makes me wonder just what was going on in their heads.
    I'm thinking that they actually intended for it to end this time last year (I know that it took a hell of a lot of persuading to get Jason Segel to continue in the series), and they got told by the bosses to come up with a new season pretty much on the spot. Especially as they had the story pretty much wrapped up by the second to last episode of last season.

Anyway, for those that want to know how it ends but can't be bothered watching the episode, here is the synopsis hidden behind spoiler tags:

Ted meets the wife on the platform, she is carrying his (actually her) umbrella. They were procrastinating about getting married until Ted organises it. Barney broke up with Robin some time in the next 4 years (yes I know the tense is wrong, but I'm talking about something that happened in the show's past in a flash-forward that happens 4 years from now in real life time). Barney gets a "perfect month" (31 women in 31 days) but gets the last one pregnant. He adopts the baby and becomes a proper dad to her. Marshal gets made a judge, and applies to be appointed to the NY State Supreme Court. Robin went AWOL when she got sent around the world for her job, but showed up for Ted's wedding even though she RSVP'd "no". Ted actually got married, but at some point between 2014 and about 2025 (6 years before the story-telling) the mother dies, presumably of a "mystery illness" that is talked about for around 30 seconds. The kids tell Ted to phone Robin as all they took from the story was Ted telling them about how he was totally in love with Robin the whole time, and not a simple "this is how I met your mother" story (because, let's face it, she gets about as much screen time as each one of Barney's one-night stands). Ted takes a blue french horn to Robin's apartment and the series ends.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-04-01 at 03:48 AM.