Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh, that makes so much more sense now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Well, they're batshit scared of me.
    I'm scared of you, but for entirely different reasons.

I remember my first time here I got into a heated debate with Elementium about Horde vs Alliance and I was convinced I was going to get banned within my first 10 minutes of joining the site..
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Also, to everyone suggesting "check the user posts", this may not always works, It's very much possible that the post that got them banned was deleted by the same mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    The MMO-Champ mods are actually fairly forgiving. If what you did is minor, you'll just get a minor, private infraction that rolls off after a while. Heck, I'm not ashamed to admit I got one once, and I hardly post; but it was my fault for not reading the thread rules before posting.

I've been on forums before where three strikes and you're out, no matter what the offense.

I'd imagine that what these guys did is pretty heinous to warrant a banning.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think mods are banning everyone, we broke the 20,000 posts/day mark this week.
    *whistles* nice, that's alot of effort in reading and writing being done

10+ Year Old Account
    I got banned last week for 'trolling' 'rude comments' for 5 days. And that was my 2nd time being banned, first one was I said OP was a F*ggot and the butthurt people
    reported me. In the end it was all worth it, not a single f*ck was given.

I was banned for 24 hours once because I made a priest topic about shadowform melting faces lol. I got warnings from more than one moderator for the same infraction which was supposedly for a spam topic. I didn't know lol. It would of been nice to at least have gotten a warning first.

Posting in Boubouille thread.

Also, inb4 somebody in thread gets banhammer.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub

Quote Originally Posted by Ohshizz View Post
    how many people get banned here a day and what did they do that was so offensive? seriously i read a comment from someone who was BANNED shortly afterwards in every thread. ill probably get banned just for asking
    I've made a silly post or two but more often than not, their automated software flags words and even if you make a completely legit post, if you throw out a silly word, not even offensive, you'll get an infraction. Gotten many more because moderators drag their feelings and opinions into the posts. If they disagree with your theory crafting, argument in an off topic board or just about anything you get infractions. Since they all come from the robot thingy to make them anonymous, it's near impossible to report the mods who are abusing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlocoptor View Post
    Posting in Boubouille thread.

Also, inb4 somebody in thread gets banhammer.
    hardly constructive, and who's to say your post was in before the banned one (even if in before the ban)

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    I've made a silly post or two but more often than not, their automated software flags words and even if you make a completely legit post, if you throw out a silly word, not even offensive, you'll get an infraction. Gotten many more because moderators drag their feelings and opinions into the posts. If they disagree with your theory crafting, argument in an off topic board or just about anything you get infractions. Since they all come from the robot thingy to make them anonymous, it's near impossible to report the mods who are abusing it.
    the mods themselves have stated, nothing is automated whatsoever, and you can report mods via mailing boub or sunshine (or chaud i suppose), not whining on the forums

thankfully i've never been infracted, but i wonder if there's a punishment for reporting too many posts (i know the 60 second countdown on reporting people is annoying >.> )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    I've made a silly post or two but more often than not, their automated software flags words and even if you make a completely legit post, if you throw out a silly word, not even offensive, you'll get an infraction.
    This is false. All infractions given are done by a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    beat you to it :P

Well, they're batshit scared of me.
    I'm not scared of you...

...but I do respect you.

OT: As has already been pointed out, people who got banned is based on a culmination of infractions, all handed out by a human being to posts reported by other forum users.

If you see someone breaking the rules, report the post. It takes a few seconds, and it helps all the mods out immensely. Don't use it to report people just because they're disagreeing with you; only report for actual violations of the rules of the forum. It all goes a long way towards keeping this message board a helpful and friendly place to inhabit, no matter how harsh you think the moderation can be sometimes. Just remember...it'd be a lot worse without the mods around.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't look very human, you look like an 8 bit alien

My guess is you are all cyborgs programmed by chaud

Not to be needlessly combative but the one time I have been banned, it was for "Minor Spam" and the post cited in the ban was me saying "LOL!" in a thread (in response to another quote). In this same thread a few posts up, I provided an on-topic response in a fairly detailed, yet concise manner.

So I'm not sure what the case was. Perhaps the moderator had a whole litany of things to go through and (s)he banned me in a hurry out of negligence? Mods are human after all. Who knows.

Twas a short ban - 72 hours? (over this summer) so I didn't really see a reason to make a fit about it. But I thought it was strange and overly totalitarian nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    mayhap you quoted someone and replied with lol and nothing else? a LOT of people should get infractions for quoting people and saying ^this (for example)

There is a red card in the right bottom to show if they were infracted for that post.

Quote Originally Posted by empyrean View Post
    Not to be needlessly combative but the one time I have been banned, it was for "Minor Spam" and the post cited in the ban was me saying "LOL!" in a thread (in response to another quote). In this same thread a few posts up, I provided an on-topic response in a fairly detailed, yet concise manner.

So I'm not sure what the case was. Perhaps the moderator had a whole litany of things to go through and (s)he banned me in a hurry out of negligence? Mods are human after all. Who knows.

Twas a short ban - 72 hours? (over this summer) so I didn't really see a reason to make a fit about it. But I thought it was strange and overly totalitarian nonetheless.
    There's a set of rules you agree to when you make your account, and if you don't follow them you have to face the consequences. It's just like getting written up at work for breaking the rules there.

You can make as eloquently written a post as you want, but if you then make a separate post with LOL! a few posts afterwards, and someone reports it, then your past history of proper on-topic posting isn't going to help you avoid an infraction. If you break a rule, and someone reports it...get ready for an infraction.

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    mayhap you quoted someone and replied with lol and nothing else? a LOT of people should get infractions for quoting people and saying ^this (for example)
    That falls under 'useless posting' I believe, and is a reportable thing. Whether the mod in question actually infracts is likely on a case by case basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    That falls under 'useless posting' I believe, and is a reportable thing. Whether the mod in question actually infracts is likely on a case by case basis.
    lord knows i report enough of them, i just meant that too many people are doing it, and i wish they'd stop