Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In game wife is definitely gonna be better than the rl wife...am I right fellas?

ba-dun-chuh

Well I'm going to be Sith Inquisitor so yeah... I don't know. I'd feel bad not getting him some loving either way.

Deleted
    Darth Malgus got some, so I don't see why other people can't play a Sith who gets. The Sith are all about embracing and freeing your emotions, which ultimatly leads down the dark path, no reason you can't have a little fun along the way

From the first page, I forget where, I must admit that I agree with them, same sex relationships don't really bother me. I tend to roll female characters more often than not since I find the male body structure to always be way off or they look too primitive. I would have to say in games like Mass Effect, I didn't have a problem with it. I'll just have to wait for an asari companion again ^.^ I would roll a male toon if I could get a hold of the character creation screen and mess around with it for a couple of hours to see what i could to to make it someone who I could enjoy playing for a long time.
    Last edited by Etikilam; 2011-10-07 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    I know Bioware mentioned that they said romance will lead to darkside points since the Jedi Council forbids it and all that stuff. But that restrictive way of thinking is what caused them to slip up when Palpatine decided to royally screw over the Republic. Yes, this is centuries before those events but it's still relevant. As for me, I'm gonna be pullin' a Bindo.

As Jolee Bindo once said:

"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you."

I'm gonna try my hardest to be lightside and romance. At least for my JK, lol.

How about you?
    First time really hearing about romance specifically influencing your force points. I think it's fantastic. I'm a romantic IRL so I'm probably going to risk it and make romantic decisions whenever possible. If you're going to break any Council rules, I figure love/romance would be the best choice. Sooo many different things to think about as far as character development. It's really one of the main reasons why I'm so excited for the release.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about other Bioware games (Mass Effect etc) I think im going to get sucked into the romance because they try and make you care about the characters and I usually fall for it, I.E Mass Effect 2 when I made sure to save everyone going into the last mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iusaset View Post
    Honestly, I don't like how romance infringes with light/dark side points. I wish it was just an accessory like it was in Mass Effect. It really didn't have much of an effect if you actually went to pursue it. But I understand why Jedi's would definitely defer the idea of romance if you believe all that philosophical bantha poodoo Lucas made up.
    I completely agree here. I mean, how many Jedi protagonists have fallen in love and were made better for it?

Luke had a love for his sister that gave him strength on the Death Star. Later on it was Mara Jade. You didn't see him racking up dark side thoughts for it.

Galen Marek (Starkiller) had Juno who actually pulled him away from the Dark Side. In fact, both of Galen's parents were Jedi too.

And who can forget godo ole' Kotor, with Bastila and Revan. If they didn't love eachother I would be hard pressed to believe she would have come back from teh Dark Side, and Revan himself might have been very tempted to return.

Heck, I could even see a case for Anakin. He eventually went over to the Dark Side trying to save Padme, which I think is what Jedi fear about love for the most part, but I could see it argued that her existance kept him on the Light Side longer, and eventually it was the son she bore him that redeemed Anakin in the end.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

its diffucult for me to romance cause im 13 in RL and i appear has like a 30 year old man romancin some 25 year old girl no thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatic420 View Post
    First time really hearing about romance specifically influencing your force points. I think it's fantastic. I'm a romantic IRL so I'm probably going to risk it and make romantic decisions whenever possible. If you're going to break any Council rules, I figure love/romance would be the best choice. Sooo many different things to think about as far as character development. It's really one of the main reasons why I'm so excited for the release.
    The only thing I'm afraid of for Jedi is that we'll spiral into an Anakin/Padme situation where we have to keep lying and hiding more and more as the relationship goes onward, causing us to dig a deeper and deeper hole of darkside points. That would be rather cruel I think on the dev's part...but they have said we're living in one of the most hardline and literal iterations of the Jedi Council. They like the code exactly as it's written. No leeway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoan View Post
    The only thing I'm afraid of for Jedi is that we'll spiral into an Anakin/Padme situation where we have to keep lying and hiding more and more as the relationship goes onward, causing us to dig a deeper and deeper hole of darkside points.
    That is how so many people treat sexuality (and the act of sex) in a lot of the US today. It is often seen as something dirty and teenagers should be kept blind to it until they are married and out of the house. European attitude is so much more open about the whole thing. Who is right? Are US kids protected/uninformed, are EU kids at risk/aware? It's all about a balance.

If the Jedi hadn't been so backward about the whole thing, if Anakin didn't have to hide his love for Padmé, then there wouldn't have been the lies and deceit which lead him down the dark path.

This may have been a subtle message that Lucas was hinting at. The Jedi were a abstract for emotional repression, while the Sith are about expression. Clearly there are children Sith, meaning that they must have some romantic streak in them, and a basic instinct to nurture and raise a child. The problem arises when they let their passions control them, instead of being in control themselves. That is what leads you to the dark side.

So by all means play your Dark Side Jedi, or Light Side Sith. Enjoy romance, but decide if you are going to let your passion control you or if you are going to control it. Just because the Jedi institution tries to teach detachment, doesn't mean they are right. That is a decision you will have to make for yourself.

I worry though that what I might decide as good morality isn't the same as Bioware's thoughts on the subject. They will highlight the conversation text that leads one way or the other, but you might disagree with their opinion on the subject. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do value the decisions we make. They may have left if very clear or there might be a lot that's ambiguous.

I'm interested in seeing what they think my personality is like, if I answer all conversations as I feel I would if asked of me in person, and see what kind of Jedi they think I'd be. But it's quite hard to answer truthfully, there's a significant difference between "how I'd answer" and "how I think I'd like to answer"

Deleted
    I'll try to "shoot my pistol" or "trespass with my laser" every opposite gender person I see.
    I don't care witch side I'll end because of that

As said earlier. my IA is going to be the James Bonds of a galaxy far away...
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Is male -> Roll female characters -> Creeps on guy-on-guy love -> Eagerly waits for girl-on-girl love...

There is much to be pondered here.

Personally, I always roll male characters, I see the character as a part of myself, now saying that's the right way to do it, but I do --feel-- like it is much more creepier to play a female character when you don't associate a bit with it (like expressing a more feminine side of your personality).

Deleted
    I haven't quite decided whether I'm rolling a male or a female toon. If it's going to be a female I would unlikely have a romance with a male companion.

my sith will be chasing tail all over the galaxy, kirk style. oh yeah.

I'm thinking my Male Consular will be a mostly-lightside character but will fall for a companion. He won't be into banging everything that moves but will have a Jolee Bindo type philosophy on the lightside and romance.

My female Jedi Knight will be nice and maybe flirt a bit but unless I come across a male companion that I really like the character of she'll keep her pants on.

My female Smuggler will be a pimp and tap everything.

My male Trooper will romance maybe two or three NPCs, being a bit of a boss but chooses one in the end.

My Sith Warrior and Inquisitor (either gender) will both have pretty nonchalant approaches to romance and sex. If I like the character they'll get nasty, if not then meh.

My male IA will be motherfucking James Bond.

My male Bounty Hunter will likely stay ultra-professional but warm up to a companion at some point.

Xenophilia all the way. Can't wait to romance me some delicious Khem Val.

lol good luck with that :P

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Xenophilia all the way. Can't wait to romance me some delicious Khem Val.
    you do realize he eats ppl for living, right?