Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    What's the reson it gives better drops than 5mans then? Don't buy that slogan it's just for "casuals" to "see the content"...
    Probably because it will be a bit more difficult than 5 mans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    Probably because it will be a bit more difficult than 5 mans.
    Difficult or not, if it was meant for "seeing the content" it shouldn't have to drop anything. Well, unless loot is considered the content.

I'm not saing it's bad or good, just that it's certainly not for "seeing the content" only.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2011-10-03 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Difficult or not, if it was meant for "seeing the content" it shouldn't have to drop anything. Well, unless loot is considered the content.

I'm not saing it's bad or good, just that it's certainly not for "seeing the content" only.
    You're really just arguing semantics. Obviously there is loot involved, because there is always loot involved for PVE. Gearing up your character is part of progressing through content. But clearly LFR is intended to open up the content to a wider audience of people who can't/won't/don't raid normal/heroic modes - that's exactly what Blizzard has said its for.

Deleted
    What's the reson it gives better drops than 5mans then? Don't buy that slogan it's just for "casuals" to "see the content"...
    It's called incentive. If people really want superior gear, they will raid normal/heroic mode. If people just want to raid, they'll focus on LFR. I will probably LFR to fill any lingering holes in my gear if the RNG gods smite me again, but I'm lucky that I have a heroic capable raid group.

The problem with some issues here is that people are afraid to say they don't know a fight, because most rude douchebags in LFD will just kick somebody who is new rather than take a minute to explain a boss. This attitude from the scum fosters the notion of "Just keep your mouth shut" and is the primary reason why hardly anyone talks in a random dungeon; they're afraid of being flamed and/or kicked by some entitled chump who wants to zerg in 15 minutes for quick VP and couldn't be assed to help anyone else.

The only sorrows of LFD come because the community has let it become a cesspit due to anonymity and instant gratification. There's no reason to help anyone. There's no reason to be polite. There's no reason to treat some random person from some random server that you'll likely never see again as though they were even a human being.

I logged on the PTR today to get my toon ready (keybinds and such) and happened to see somebody spamming for one of the new dungeons with the typical "plz know fights or gtfo" type of attitude. "Know fights" on a PTR that's been out for a few days? Barely anyone knows those fights, yet once again there's the attitude of "I'm a selfish jackass who doesn't want to take the time to help or educate anybody".

Quote Originally Posted by Atomize View Post
    Well, I'm a tank and I chain-run heroics for gold. 362 ilvl DK.
    I've never actually noticed that someone spoke a different language, rarely wipe, and down bosses occasionally while locking the healer or a dps out. Sometimes, I'll be top dps and be beating the healz for healing on a few pulls, but as long as you are good at interrupting, you can carry the group hardcore.
    Why is there always someone who brags about the size of their e-wang under the guise of an anecdotal opinion?

Actually, loot is a part of 'seeing the content'. Say someone uses LFR to go do T13 content. When T14 content arrives and they want to do that, either they need better gear than a few tiers back to be successful, or the content needs to be auto-attack kill. (Exaggerating here, of course, but you can see my point.) Gear is a part of PVE content.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    The problem with some issues here is that people are afraid to say they don't know a fight, because most rude douchebags in LFD will just kick somebody who is new rather than take a minute to explain a boss. This attitude from the scum fosters the notion of "Just keep your mouth shut" and is the primary reason why hardly anyone talks in a random dungeon; they're afraid of being flamed and/or kicked by some entitled chump who wants to zerg in 15 minutes for quick VP and couldn't be assed to help anyone else.

The only sorrows of LFD come because the community has let it become a cesspit due to anonymity and instant gratification. There's no reason to help anyone. There's no reason to be polite. There's no reason to treat some random person from some random server that you'll likely never see again as though they were even a human being.

I logged on the PTR today to get my toon ready (keybinds and such) and happened to see somebody spamming for one of the new dungeons with the typical "plz know fights or gtfo" type of attitude. "Know fights" on a PTR that's been out for a few days? Barely anyone knows those fights, yet once again there's the attitude of "I'm a selfish jackass who doesn't want to take the time to help or educate anybody".
    All of this x1,000. People are afraid.
    There are people here who will quote this and say "lololol afraid of people in a video game". You know what? Believe it or not, when you're a complete jerk and abuse someone's character, you're abusing the person behind the pixels. You have no idea of their situation, of how they might be trying or struggling, or what else might have happened during their day to already bring them down. But more importantly, WoW is a game. It should be fun. Having the hell abused out of you is NOT fun.

I know when I first did heroics, someone was kind enough to show me the fights and explain what to do. They were kind enough to put up with it if I made a mistake. Now I'm in a position where I can do the same for someone else. According to some people in LFD, they just automatically knew every fight and never, ever make any mistakes.

If you really need to remove someone, or ask them to leave, or criticise them, is it really so hard to do it politely? Is saying "Sorry, but your DPS is just too low for this boss in ZA - try running a few more of the regular Heroics and then come back" so much more time consuming than unleashing a string of abuse? If you've tried to help and someone is completely oblivious or just plain ignoring you, is it so hard to just quietly vote kick them, instead of swearing at them and going out of your way to make it all miserable?

I save my vote kicks for the people that really deserve them - the people who are being flat out jerks, AFKing, etc. I'm by no means the greatest player in the world, but it's not that damn hard to spend 2 minutes a boss typing up the strat quickly. Or at least telling them, hey, open up your Dungeon Journal, and read up. Believe it or not some people might not even realise. Sure, they probably should, and sure, there's a wealth of information around about WoW - but we all started somewhere, as meek little noobs who had no clue. Everyone seems to quite happily forget that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't run 5 mans. I either get VP capped from raids(6/7H on tuesday+ H BoT on wednesday is usually enough to cap me) or I don't bother. Then again VP is only for me to make money selling bracers so I don't much care about capping it.

Too many idiots in LFD for my taste. I miss the days of forming a pug from your server with people you knew were good or bad.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2011-10-03 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh...

Threads like these make me to look forward to when my lvl84,5 Warlock will hit lvl85 today... Got loads of BoEs for him to hit the necessary ilvl for ZA/ZG right away... A few nice 378 PvE ones and the rest (lol)PvP ones.

I'm sure I'll get bitched at by everyone for "boosting my ilvl with lolPvPgear" but I'm sure they'll shut up when I out-DPS them all in the said crafted PvP gear. It's already hilarious enough to out-DPS lvl85s in raid-gear while doing Coren Direbrew in quest-blues/greens, heh. Though, lolDemo so my point is kinda moot.
    Heck, might even get a few vote-kicks too, but I dont care!

Looking For Derps... Here I come! Huzzah!

gonna say if people dont know the fights but they do decent dps ill just tell them it. if they still dont get it.. well wow really isnt that hard.

look up a video
    use the dungeon journal
    think very carefully about whats being said.

use ur head.

and if all of that fails.. expect a boot.

sinche I saw the itemlvl of normal Raid items, I'm pretty sure I won't rush LFR/the new dungeons. Maybe i'll just do it for the Set Bonus, that needs some therycrafting. But that doesnt change the fact that people like me, who raid heroic modes, dont need such gear.
    A friend of mine got a pickup group yesterday, with an average DPS of 10k per damage dealer. They downed Shannox and Majodormo easely. Regardless if you bad or not: If you WANT to raid, you CAN make the two easiest hardmodes ever seen in a current progress.
    So i'll just clarify: People who raid normal modes or occasionally heroics, they won't need LFR. As blizzard said, this is just here for gearing up a PUG, show the content to "new" players. I don't like the world "casual" to describe a bad player, since i know several guys playing 5 hours a week and still own peeps in Arenas or Raid-DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, dungeons, even on alts, herpderping with gmates, its just easier.

LFD was always terribad. Well, usually, cuz sometimes it does happen, a group which I like to call "diamond", that pulls over 25k dps and healer is always full on mana.

A couple days ago, I joined a ZG that had apparently been in progress for over SIX HOURS. Suffice to say, the people in that group were beyond terrible; I guess two of the DPS had been there the entire time, and both were pulling under 4k. Not exactly surprising that they had failed so long.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, All I can really say is that I have almost no problems in LFD groups. Most groups are competent, some are outstanding.

As far as getting ZGs in a row, that must have something to do with getting into broken groups and not completing it. I can't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure I've gotten alternating ZG and ZA.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your MMO-Champion forum tag says The Patient. I'm thinking that this isn't true anymore.

with my main (dps) i never ohhhh never use LFD, reason is simple, Queue a fking ridiculusly to long for whats going to happen...= fail grp , anyway hes 380ilvl and i dont need it anymore, and when i needed in the past to farm i was doing it with guildies always.

my alt on the other hand is a tank , and i always use lfd, i must say 50% of the time the grp fail and i carry them , mostly dps talking. i cant count the number of fight i had to finishe alone with the healer cause dps die on stupid shit. good thing about tank is instant queue SO if the are to much a fail i just wait the amount of time i have to , to leave and requeue again.

beside that i expect LFR to be the worse idea ever from blizzard...
    a lot of rage ticket are going to be open as soon they launch it , main reason : HE NINJA MY LOOT !!!

lolll

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using LFD at the weekends is a lesson in frustration. I have a much better time during the week.

You will sometimes get a good group who ploughs through everything, but most of the time someone or something will cause you problems.

I am gearing up my latest two alts (shammy and DK) through heroics. People still have problems with Corla (2nd boss in BRC). Beam management fails, wipe and then people leave. I saw it happen twice this past weekend. Grim Batol is another one with the 3rd and final bosses where wipes still frequently happen.
    The Zandalaris are the same. Jindo and the panther boss still cause headaches in ZG. Strangely enough, in ZA, it seems to be the trash that is the major problem.

I can only imagine LFR being worse, but with 25 people the problems will be magnified immensely. I can't see myself using it when it comes out.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've done Troll dungeons that were faster and cleaner than runs I've done with 4 guildmates. To date, my only successful ZA bear run was with a pug.

What can I say? RNG is a bitch. You'll get awesome groups mixed in with the facerollers. If you get a string of bad runs just quit for a few days. Play an alt or something... try to "reset" your luck.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

LFR is going to be worse since with the LFR loot rules, you are only able to be eligible for loot for each boss on the first kill of the week. So if the douchebaggery is high in your raid group, you're screwed for that boss for the rest of the week.