Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience, LFD isn't that bad. It has been relatively enjoyable. There have been few rotten apples in the mix, but don't get into the drama they make. If a healer/tank comes in in pvp gear and you seem to wipe on bosses or maybe even trash, kindly tell them that his/her pvp gear doesn't cut it. Most people I have met have understood and simply left with an apology. If they don't leave, either kick or keep going. a wipe or two more will discourage and make them leave.

Just lower your expectations on LFD. Don't expect to get out of Random Troll instance in 20 minutes, that's just silly. Help the new guys with tactics, that helps a lot more than just rushing in and blaming everything under the sun for the wipe. A wipe here and there? Big deal, run back and try again.

I have yet had an uncompleted ZG/ZA, and longest ones being about an hour.

And if you REALLY detest the very idea of having to explain tactics and such, kindly go with people you know.

Oh, and talk to people. A few jokes here and there and suddenly you are not grouping with robots anymore and you have quite enjoyable experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Friends don't let friends LFD.

LFD = 4chan. Avoid at all cost, or slowly lose both sanity and humanity.
    It's really not that bad in my experiences. I've tanked, healed, and damaged every heroic in the LFD and only rarely ran into a group of incompetent players, and even then still completed the dungeon with quickness.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    I'm adding my tuppence to this, purely because I started tanking as well as healing these on my Paladin Main, & it really is a mixed bag.

The amount of rude & horrible window-lickers you get is frankly staggering. I get the occasional good group admittedly, but for the love of pete.

Still haven't seen the healerdin wrists from Akil'zon or the tanking Helm from Nalorak on my pally, but I've seen the wrists drop 3-4 times on my hunter Rogue & mage, as well as the helm drop about a dozen times across those same 3 alts. GRRRR RNG is a cruel mistress.

SO looking forward to the next tier, but the nubs & choads may very well ruin it. as for LFR.....I'd like it to work as I don't raid anymore due to time-constraints but its gonna be a scrub-fest/loot free-for-all. not a pretty mental picture.

In wrath when LFD first came out, the tool matched your ilevel to others of a similar grade. This doesn't seem to be happening in Cata. Did Blizz change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I've done Troll dungeons that were faster and cleaner than runs I've done with 4 guildmates. To date, my only successful ZA bear run was with a pug.

What can I say? RNG is a bitch. You'll get awesome groups mixed in with the facerollers. If you get a string of bad runs just quit for a few days. Play an alt or something... try to "reset" your luck.
    Yeah, some Troll runs have been an absolute dream via LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Just lower your expectations on LFD. Don't expect to get out of Random Troll instance in 20 minutes, that's just silly. Help the new guys with tactics, that helps a lot more than just rushing in and blaming everything under the sun for the wipe. A wipe here and there? Big deal, run back and try again.

I have yet had an uncompleted ZG/ZA, and longest ones being about an hour.

And if you REALLY detest the very idea of having to explain tactics and such, kindly go with people you know.

Oh, and talk to people. A few jokes here and there and suddenly you are not grouping with robots anymore and you have quite enjoyable experience.
    Absolutely all of this ^.
    At least say hello to the group if you don't want to chat the whole time. The amount of times I say "Hi all!" and get absolutely nothing is just sad.
    It's also really lovely if I get a simple "Thanks" after helping someone out who doesn't know the fights - really nice to know that someone appreciates your help. Also it might encourage others to help.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    In wrath when LFD first came out, the tool matched your ilevel to others of a similar grade. This doesn't seem to be happening in Cata. Did Blizz change it?
    Not sure, I think it might still be happening - my alt hasn't been grouped up with anyone who has outgeared her by any large margin yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'd much rather get ZG than ZA (even though I need ZA for the tanking helm, always get those damn needers when it finally drops and I lose it to a holy pally in blues). But seriously, most people that I get paired with are decent human beings for the most part. I just hate when i'm tanking ZA and the dps don't realize the healer isn't good enough to do a bear run, but insist that we rush (with many of the dps doing their version of "go go go go go go", when the healer has about 10% mana, and I apparently am the only one that notices). I don't get it. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Venting on the forums about fail lfd's is like whining that you got wet while standing in the rain to everyone else standing around you getting wet.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Wasn't the idea supposed to be the opposite? It would match higher iLevel with lower iLevel so the "veterans" could teach the newbies and give them a boost. Of course, what happens is the high iLevel people whine, flame and kick the newbies for "slowing me down" but that was the original intention and it's never changed to my knowledge.

During the past few days I've been gearing my shaman. Very Fresh 85, less than 2 days /played at 85. Yesterday I ran the zul heroics roughly 10 times and I had some stupid things happen.

By far the worst was when I joined a group, Tank was heroic Firelands gear, Only joined to use his hex sticks on Frogs and then ditched, another tank came in and DCed, then we had to kick him, and finally another tank came in, pulled the trash up to the Eagle boss and left mid pull and at that point everyone except me left. Waited 6 minutes and finally got another group, New healer left before bear because he couldn't keep the tank up, new healer came in and couldn't heal the tank as well, then the tank drops and we get a good healer and a decent tank and another dps. The new dps is insanely arrogant and was arguing about the tank and linked his dps mid fight during the bear boss while he popped cooldowns and claimed he was better than all of us. Then he left on the trash before dragonhawk because the tank refused to pull with him there.

After that it went smooth, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    Can't you guys all wait for LFRaid finder which will be just as bad and lock you out of gear for the entire week when some one off spec needs it? I know i'm PUMPED!
    If you're good then you won't need to do this. Find a guild to run these. It's expected that bad raids will happen and knowing this you should distance yourself from that type of thing if you are concerned with losing out on loot.

Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    If you're good then you won't need to do this. Find a guild to run these. It's expected that bad raids will happen and knowing this you should distance yourself from that type of thing if you are concerned with losing out on loot.
    Sigh. Not being able to commit to a set schedule every week does not mean a player is bad. LFR is being implemented to help those that are maybe unable to have any kind of decent, set raid attendance with a guild. This way they can log in, realise they have a couple of hours spare, and queue up.

I raid to a set schedule with a guild every week. It has nothing to do with me being good or bad, I'm just fortunate enough that I have the spare time to be able to commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Need to vent, maybe you can share some stories aswell.

First of all, do you get matched with people your gear level? On my alt with not so great gear I seem to get matched with the worst players on the planet for za/zg.

Today after loads of wipes and more than an hour wasted of ZA the healer leaves because he (again) accidently died by running in trash. The new healer, just as bad in full pvp gear. On the last 2 bosses he wipes us a few times because of poor healing. On the last boss he failed on every mechanic and wiped us a few times. So I asked him if he knew what to do. Of course, no reply whatsoever.

But now explain me this. Why do these derpiderps fail at every simple task, don't speak english.. but one thing they CAN do. Roll need on everything. So of course I lost leather dps shoulders on my rogue to that terrible healer. Is 'I NEEDZ' an universal thing thateven the dumbest of dumbest can understand? RAGE.
    join a guild or quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post
    join a guild or quit the game.
    Don't feed it!

I stopped running Za/ZG HCs not long after they came out. I didn't need the gear at the time but I did want to see the content.I mostly did the groups with guildies and then I decided to solo que for once and give the satchel thing a shot. Maybe its just bad luck for me but the groups were always EXTREMELY under geared with people who either did 0 research on their class OR they bought BOE items from the AH to raise their Ilev. Then the breaking point was indeed the satchel. I mentored several players and thought fight after fight pushing the limits of my patience only the receive items like a spirit flask or a green gem. Yeah I know, other people have received mounts,pets,epics etc but not me. Maybe luck really isn't on my side. So needless to say I have no interest in 5-mans unless a guildie needs something on an alt. So in the end I feel your pain OP.