Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] Zombie Movie List.

I love good zombie movies where the acting is not crap. If anyone could give me like a top 10-15 list of there favorite zombie movies that would be awsome. I got no problem with zombie comedy but i love the scarry/horro zombie movies more.

10+ Year Old Account
    28 days / weeks later are pretty good.
    I am legend prehaps? they are basicaly zombies.
    quarentine / REC 1 & 2 ( spanish version ( It's better! ))

i too love a good zombie horror but its hard to find any good ones that arent comedy or just seem very over the top.

edit: also remember watching a film called diary of the dead, but can't remember if it was any good or not, seems like a pretty serious zombie film though. >_>
    Last edited by Qij; 2011-10-03 at 05:31 AM.

Shawn of the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Shawn of the Dead.
    best movie! ever!

TV series The Walking Dead is pretty awesome. Season 1 is like a 6 hour movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/)

Based off a comic and season 2 coming this month.

are we allowd to talk about sites to watch movies here? if so what are some good ones that are free

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    are we allowd to talk about sites to watch movies here? if so what are some good ones that are free
    movie2k

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Not sure on the rules either, stumbled upon this site recently~
    www.warez-bb.com

This forum has a lot direct-download links for 1000's of user uploaded movies and virus free.

My top zombie movie list, in no order:

Night of the Living Dead(original)
    Dawn of the Dead(original)
    Dawn of the Dead(remake)
    Let Sleeping Corpses Lie(aka The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue)
    Return of the Living Dead(it has a lot of comedy, yet it's still very clearly a horror movie)
    Cemetery Man(aka Dellamorte Dellamore. Word of warning, this is NOT your typical zombie movie, it's also a very, very, VERY dark comedy but it's a masterpiece nonetheless)
    Night of the Living Dead(1990 remake)
    Dead Snow
    Zombie(aka Zombie 2, in Italy, where this movie was made, Dawn of the Dead was called "Zombie" and this was called "Zombie 2" to capitalize on it's success)
    Versus(it's more an action movie than a straight zombie movie, and it's not scary, but it's so totally over the top it's worth seeing regardless)

And as was mentioned above, The Walking Dead TV series is also well worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    My top zombie movie list, in no order:

Night of the Living Dead(original)
    Dawn of the Dead(original)
    Dawn of the Dead(remake)
    Let Sleeping Corpses Lie(aka The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue)
    Return of the Living Dead(it has a lot of comedy, yet it's still very clearly a horror movie)
    Cemetery Man(aka Dellamorte Dellamore. Word of warning, this is NOT your typical zombie movie, it's also a very, very, VERY dark comedy but it's a masterpiece nonetheless)
    Night of the Living Dead(1990 remake)
    Dead Snow
    Zombie(aka Zombie 2, in Italy, where this movie was made, Dawn of the Dead was called "Zombie" and this was called "Zombie 2" to capitalize on it's success)
    Versus(it's more an action movie than a straight zombie movie, and it's not scary, but it's so totally over the top it's worth seeing regardless)

And as was mentioned above, The Walking Dead TV series is also well worth your time.
    no Shawn of the Dead? total fail.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombieland
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde.

French movie, subtitled, free on demand on Netflix right now.

Pretty bad ass, and not commonly found, as it's listed simply under "foreign films" instead of horror.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

I agree with all mentioned and have to add the Japanese "Tokyo Zombie".... for Shaun of the Dead fans, this is a must see...

Return of the Living Dead is B movie gold

Tarman is awsum

World war Z is currently being filmed with Brad Pitt. If it is half as good as the book then it will be awesome. For now, Shaun of the dead all the way.

Deleted
    Zombiestripers - Its more comedy then horror

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    no Shawn of the Dead? total fail.
    Bite me. I left it off cause a)I don't find it particularly funny, meaning it fails as a comedy, and b)being as it's MEANT as a comedy, it likewise doesn't succeed as a horror movie, which, if you read before posting, you'd see is more what the OP is looking for. Return of the Living Dead does have a lot of humor, but at the end of the day, it still plays as a horror movie...especially as the movie escalates. At the end of it, you won't be laughing.

Shaun of the Dead is average, but nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamatayan View Post
    Zombieland
    Zombieland is no shaun of the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Zombieland is no shaun of the dead.
    Different movies, both of which are good in there own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Bite me. I left it off cause a)I don't find it particularly funny, meaning it fails as a comedy, and b)being as it's MEANT as a comedy, it likewise doesn't succeed as a horror movie, which, if you read before posting, you'd see is more what the OP is looking for. Return of the Living Dead does have a lot of humor, but at the end of the day, it still plays as a horror movie...especially as the movie escalates. At the end of it, you won't be laughing.

Shaun of the Dead is average, but nothing more.
    Eh well you're wrong