Poll: Do you think $15 a month Is a lot of money for a sub?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Where are you from?

To get 15€ in my country, you need to work 4x more than in other more developed countries. (15€ ~ 8 hours of work)

$15 might not be much, but its a heck of a lot more than $0
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Deleted
    Yes, actually I do. 15$ isn't a lot but if you have to pay for the game and then 15$ a month, it has to be something really spectacular. That or free and then you pay for the sub each month.

Deleted
    It does not have to do with the amount of money really.

I would - and can - pay 150 bucks a month for a sub that is worth it. WoW to me is just not worth the sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by mufuti View Post
    It does not have to do with the amount of money really.

I would - and can - pay 150 bucks a month for a sub that is worth it. WoW to me is just not worth the sub fee.
    You would pay $150 to play one game? I'm afraid I'm going to have to call both your intelligence and sanity into question.

15 dollars a month is nothing, my gf spends more than that during the work week on starbucks. Going to dinner and a movie is like 70 bucks, going to a club can be 50 bucks just in drinks. The only way 15 bucks a month is a lot is if you are a unemployed, a teenager or student. 1000 bucks over 6 years is the equivelent of buying 3 new games a year. Shit that 6 years of expenditure isn't even enough for a good weekend in vegas.

$15 is a lot for WoW given it's current state, in BC I thought it was dirt cheap.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    $15 a month for wow isn't really that much compared to you going out and doing something. It actually saves you more not counting the future doctors bills for onset diabetes. The only thing that upsets me is blizzard charging $15 still per months and giving us the recycled old content and models over and over and over again. I can see another 250k people leaving again this quarter and my extra account was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    LOL! movies are free
    Lol this.. I torrent MY shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I'm not saying the $15 aint worth it, but times are tough all over. $15 can cover gas, food, random expenditures, etc etc. So basically if you don't think $15 isn't a lot then your parents in fact pay for your shit. I had to quit WoW due to my budget back in january and just got financially stable again in July. So yea you going $15 aint shit is most deff coming from a kid or an adult who has everything handed to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont think it is, i mean compared to the amount of time i play for the cost it is really good compared to other forms of entertainment, wow is what £9 a month or something, seeing a film in the cinema for lets say 3hours is £6, thats not including food or drink. i think wow is very good value for money. i wish things like faction transfers were a bit cheaper though, £25 is a bit steep for changing faction.
    Seconded, if your realm is dead and you need to switch, its so expensive. Even more so if you want to go to the opposite faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I can't stand why people still complain that $15 a month Is a lot of money. Really? Do you have jobs? Most of the morons who spew out this crap are probably children who can't get their parents to pay. Still, even $30 a month Isn't a lot of money. You spend $15-20 for a 1 1/2 hour movie. You spend $15 for a month of endless entertainment. What Is your opinion?
    First of all, what you said implies that you got your parents to pay for your wow sub? And what people think is much or isnt much money is totally relative.. In the EU it's 13 euro's a month i think, and there's alot of 12-16 year olds who think this is much, because they dont make much mony in a month... For people who are working a full time or even part-time job this is nothing idd...

If wow wouldnt be the only game i played I would think the free is a bit too high as well. Since i only play wow (and some other games that i got for free) I dont mind paying 13 euro's a month because i dont pay a new 60 euro's game every (other) month

Now that we're on the topic of 'giving money to blizz for stuff' I just want to say that I find the fee's for faction change/namechange/xrealm are even worse then the monthly fee to actually play this game.. I mean, all those extra services are all automated by their software systems and I think they could lower the prices by at least 25% maybe even 50%. Imo, wow has been made in more of a money machine and less of a entertainment thingie.. :<

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    You spend $15 for a month of endless entertainment. What Is your opinion?
    That, is your fault. Endless might be for you, the entertainment, but for others it is only little and unworthy of such amount.

I for example receive only a small amount of entertainment. The amount of "things" that I can do in-game is limited to a few which can only hold for a couple weeks, or maximum up to a month, after the release of each patch. Being given only 2 dungeons for example in patch 4.1, which were supposed to hold my interest, I only found entertainment in the first week! I immediately stopped my subscription after that and until 2 months after 4.2 have passed! Now I will do some recruits (R-a-F) and if by the end of October 4.3 hasn't released I will stop my sub once again! Cause 13 euros cost, for nothing new or entertaining, is not what I am gonna let my wallet bear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    For how much time I play it, hahaha 15 bucks is how much a good meal is... uhhh I play wow 30+ hours a week??? yeah. Sorry. Also... I watch a brand new movie in the theater, and buy a small drink + tax = that much too. So uhhh sorry, one meal, or a movie and a drink for something that I play 120 hours +++ a month on. No freaken way anything can compare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    You would pay $150 to play one game? I'm afraid I'm going to have to call both your intelligence and sanity into question.
    I specifically stated I would pay that amount of money for a game that could convince me it was worth it. it is unlikely any game would be that good or even introduce such high subscription fees to begin with, then again I am paying 150 euro and more per month for a lot of things that are entertaining me for a much shorter time (no, not talking about prositutes here - lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    For how much time I play it, hahaha 15 bucks is how much a good meal is... uhhh I play wow 30+ hours a week??? yeah. Sorry. Also... I watch a brand new movie in the theater, and buy a small drink + tax = that much too. So uhhh sorry, one meal, or a movie and a drink for something that I play 120 hours +++ a month on. No freaken way anything can compare.
    O.o you spend $15 on your meal? How much do you eat jeez...and 30 hrs a week?! Do you even know what outside is? But seriously I don't think most of you know the value of a dollar.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kinda expensive in Bosnia :/

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Deleted
    Well, hard to say. It's enough for me to not keep 2 subscriptions active at the same time.
    Honestly getting a bit tired of it after 5 years.

I believe monthly fees are becoming a thing of the past a bit by bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    It is kinda expensive in Bosnia :/
    That's what I tried to explain few posts above. (not sure if people understood)

15+ Year Old Account
    15 bucks is a dinner, movie and a 1/4 tank of gas on a good day... it's 180 bucks a year so if you are living month to month it seems shitty but salaried people probablly don't give a crap.

7.50 an hour X 8 hour workday = 60 bucks so a quarter of a minimum wage full time day goes to wow... Most people don't play it every hour they can so some of that price is really just for 24/7 access to up to maybe a few hours a day. So your paying like 15$ for 56 hours of gametime on average.