Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I have some questions...

hey all :P

About the light/dark side points.

• Is there a single bar that goes left or right depending the points you gain? for example if I gain 100 light points I move the bar left, so basically at the same time I lose 100 Dark points? or there are two separate bars that start from 0 and going on?

• In the second case, will you be able to fill both sides if you do every quest available?

• In the first case, what will be the difference if someone is 75% light side and 25% dark side from someone that will be 100% light side – 0% Dark side?

About Companions.

• Can you change the appearance of your companions?

• Can you chose which companions you want or not? or every character have a fixed amount of the same companions?

• Can you change their names?

• how you make them stronger? you buy them armor pieces? or is a talent tree (like BM hunter) in which your companion gets stronger and you lose some power?

• Can you specialize them in something? for example Harvesting, or they are already specialized in something before you get them?

• Is there a fixed level where you get your companions? For example 1st companion at 10 lvl , 2nd at 30, e.t.c.? or you can acquire them sooner/later depending on which place you are questing?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted

• Is there a single bar that goes left or right depending the points you gain? for example if I gain 100 light points I move the bar left, so basically at the same time I lose 100 Dark points? or there are two separate bars that start from 0 and going on?

• In the second case, will you be able to fill both sides if you do every quest available?

• In the first case, what will be the difference if someone is 75% light side and 25% dark side from someone that will be 100% light side – 0% Dark side?

About Companions.

• Can you chose which companions you want or not? or every character have a fixed amount of the same companions?

• how you make them stronger? you buy them armor pieces? or is a talent tree (like BM hunter) in which your companion gets stronger and you lose some power?

• Can you specialize them in something? for example Harvesting, or they are already specialized in something before you get them?

• Is there a fixed level where you get your companions? For example 1st companion at 10 lvl , 2nd at 30, e.t.c.? or you can acquire them sooner/later depending on which place you are questing?
    1. I believe the former is the case, the latter is not.

2. Nope.

3. Your alignment gives you different sets of gear to buy, which I believe will likely just be cosmetic, although I could be wrong.

4. Yes, you can customize their apperance.

5. Er.. each class gets a number of different companions, with each class having different companions, but if you choose the same class twice, you'll have the same companions. Sorta thing.

6. No.

7. Healer's companions are made stronger by a stat called "Presence" which is also the main healing stat, it was made so that you could level as a healer. Asides from that, nothing really makes them stronger except you leveling up, they're almost always weaker than you damage wise.

8. I -think- they start out specialized in something.

9. No fixed levels, you get them as part of your story arc.

If any of my answers break the NDA please remove them, not really sure what's still covered and what isn't.

The bar is vertical. Up is light side, middle is neutral, and bottom is dark side. So no, you can't be both Light and Dark.

Nope.

Not sure, really. I think it's something like, the bar is divided into three sections. If you're from 1-33, you're light side, 34-66 neutral, and 67-100, dark side. Although I could be wrong.

About Companions.

Yes, skin color and a few other things can be changed.

No, every class gets their own 5 class companions, and then you'll be able to get more in the future.

Don't think so.

I saw a video where you level them up, and you also gear them up with armor pieces.

Not sure; don't think so. They have things that they are good at (I think), but they can't do professions that you don't have.

They are introduced as part of the story, but I also read somewhere that you can't get a certain number of companions until you ding x level.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

thanks for the answers guys :P As I see in some questions you both agree in the answer, but in some not :P

Not sure; don't think so. They have things that they are good at (I think), but they can't do professions that you don't have.
    understood what you say, of course I mean if you have the profession.What I tried to ask and didn't asked it correctly is :

is any of your 5 companions capable to do whatever the others do?for example can you say that Bob is the healer, Duke is harvesting better than Bob, Aria is doing better damage than the others, e.t.c. ?and if yes, do you chose who does what?or this is fixed from the time you get them?

thanks again :P
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    thanks for the answers guys :P As I see in some questions you both agree in the answer, but in some not :P

understood what you say, of course I mean if you have the profession.What I tried to ask and didn't asked it correctly is :

is any of your 5 companions capable to do whatever the others do?for example can you say that Bob is the healer, Duke is harvesting better than Bob, Aria is doing better damage than the others, e.t.c. ?and if yes, do you chose who does what?or this is fixed from the time you get them?

thanks again :P
    Oh yeah, every class gets 5 companions on their way to max level (and you might get more later). The 5 companions will cover each role: healer, tank, ranged tank, ranged dps, melee dps.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Excellent! I hope they will give you the companions with a wise order :P for example if you are a Jedi Guardian (tank) you ll get first the healer and dps and if you play a healer you get first the tank and dps :P unless if they let you chose the role of your companion when you get him and ofcourse you next companion cannot have the role you have already chosen..we ll see :P

My friend is invited into beta and I managed to play the game in his house last weekend until 5 level but is too low to answer my questions :P

the main question I have, does anyone know who has access to Blizz the Jawa? I think that's his name. I'm just an avid Jawa-fanboy and it would possibly impact the class I choose simply for having the companion.

I believe the Bounty Hunter has the Jawa.

As for LS and DS, the way it works is there is one bar. If you have 25 LS points and 50 DS points, you are 25 points to the DS.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Royi View Post
    the main question I have, does anyone know who has access to Blizz the Jawa? I think that's his name. I'm just an avid Jawa-fanboy and it would possibly impact the class I choose simply for having the companion.
    Only Bounty Hunters have access to Jawas for now.

Bounty hunter mid-high level companion.

as far as companion Specialization you can kinda sorta do that. you get 3 crew skills all of which can be found here
    http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills

and as you gain companions you can have specific companions do specific crew skills while other companions work on the other crew skills. but you only get 3 skills + 1 trade skill Like Armorsmith, weaponsmith, synthweaving and so on

So yea in a way you can specialize them but not to a point where this companion ONLY does X and this companion ONLY does Y

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    but you only get 3 skills + 1 trade skill Like Armorsmith, weaponsmith, synthweaving and so on
    You get a total of 3 crew skills slots. You're only allowed one crafting skill, which would leave room for two gathering skills. Or you could go with three gathering skills and no crafting skills. Either way, only a total of 3.

Also it should be mentioned that each companion has their own crew skill specialization, for instance one may get +15% efficiency at Archaeology. You can't choose those however, they come with the companion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the Bounty Hunter gets the jawa and yes you can change the appearance of your companions. I saw a video where Mako wasnt so Asian and more white.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    You get a total of 3 crew skills slots. You're only allowed one crafting skill, which would leave room for two gathering skills. Or you could go with three gathering skills and no crafting skills. Either way, only a total of 3.

Also it should be mentioned that each companion has their own crew skill specialization, for instance one may get +15% efficiency at Archaeology. You can't choose those however, they come with the companion.
    Exactly, the way to think of it is like racial prof bonuses in WoW. Tauren get +herb etc. Just because you get the bonus doesn't mean you have to choose that prof, and you can't choose the bonus. I think most people will do 1 Gathering, 1 Crafting, and 1 Mission, although I'm sure a good number will do either 3 gathering, or 2 gathering 1 mission to make more credits in lieu of crafting.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

You get a total of 3 crew skills slots.
    you mean not each companion have 3 skills, but all together? damn.. so in this case is more profitable each companion have 1 skill, so you can send each one for a different task..

you mean not each companion have 3 skills, but all together? damn.. so in this case is more profitable each companion have 1 skill, so you can send each one for a different task..
    Correct, you're training these three skills for your whole crew. You can choose any crew member to go off and do any of your crew skill missions or craft anything you know.

Deleted
    Started a series which will explain companions in detail. This is the first vid that covers most of ur Q's. more to come soon so feel free to sub to get updates on the rest.

hey all :P

• Is there a single bar that goes left or right depending the points you gain? for example if I gain 100 light points I move the bar left, so basically at the same time I lose 100 Dark points? or there are two separate bars that start from 0 and going on? The bar goes up and down and there are a total of 3 tiers - example - Light Side 1, 2 or 3. And some gear is only obtainable when you reach a certain tier.

• In the second case, will you be able to fill both sides if you do every quest available? What do you mean by Fill both sides?

• In the first case, what will be the difference if someone is 75% light side and 25% dark side from someone that will be 100% light side – 0% Dark side? Nope, no difference

About Companions.

• Can you change the appearance of your companions? Yes, currently there are about 4 total options you can choose from.

• Can you chose which companions you want or not? or every character have a fixed amount of the same companions? Every class gets about 4+ companions, you then choose which you want to fight besides

• Can you change their names? Nope

• how you make them stronger? you buy them armor pieces? or is a talent tree (like BM hunter) in which your companion gets stronger and you lose some power?They become stronger by you giving them new gear weapons, they don't have talent trees.

• Can you specialize them in something? for example Harvesting, or they are already specialized in something before you get them? No, You only get 3 skills, which goes for your entire crew (companions)

• Is there a fixed level where you get your companions? For example 1st companion at 10 lvl , 2nd at 30, e.t.c.? or you can acquire them sooner/later depending on which place you are questing?It's not a fixed level, You get your companions based on the progression of your story quest. Some people will get a companion at say, level 5 cause they burned through ONLY their story quest. Others would get that companion at about 7 or 8 because they did more quests.
    My answers are in red

Did your grammar just explode there o.O?

But along the lines of "Can you change their names?", they aren't pets, they are a part of your story and are supposed to be as close to actual people as you'll get aside from interacting with actual people.

You can see the LS/DS bar here:
    http://darthhater.com/media/gallery/...ion/image/7475
    As you can see when you mouse over the bar it shows how many points of LS or DS you have gotten, and the bar shows the result. It also shows the different tiers. The picture also shows the tier requirement on pieces of gear.

So you never really lose points, you just move your total up or down and that affects what tier you are in, which affects what gear you can wear.