Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Check out the Essels video that Bioware showed at one of the cons. In the video the group makes the DS choice to toss the engineers into space at around 7:54

<video>
    They didn't mention it there, but I've heard it mentioned elsewhere that regardless of who wins the conversation, the option you choose is what affects your LS/DS points. For instance if someone in that group had chosen the Light Side option of saving the engineers, they would have gained LS points, even if someone else had won the roll and blown them out into space. It's your intentions that affect your alignment, not the actions of the group.

All i can say i hope they have server limits for each side, so it limits ppl logging in 5v1 odds. Seems 75% of ppl may be playing Sith.

I'll probably be in the grey zone. I'll play my Sith for my own gain - Wealth, romance, connections etc. I'll probably be a bit like a Bounty Hunter - I'll take the better offer. I wont kill someone just cause I can, I'll only kill him if he did something against me. I'll also not bother with others if they dont offer me something in return. Someone who's random with his actions is alot scarier then someone who follows the same principle - kill or forgive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I'll probably be in the grey zone.
    Only problem with this is, there's not really a reliable source of "grey" gear. For instance the lightsabers offered at lvl 20-ish could come in two flavors: the "Requires Light 2" or the "Requires Dark 2". There's none available for purchase that have no requirement. This is something that's been commented on a lot by players on the forums, that there's no incentive to really play like you're describing, you kinda have to go either all Light or all Dark.

Now, it may be that there will be other sources of no-requirement gear, but much of the gear will require one way or the other.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    They didn't mention it there, but I've heard it mentioned elsewhere that regardless of who wins the conversation, the option you choose is what affects your LS/DS points. For instance if someone in that group had chosen the Light Side option of saving the engineers, they would have gained LS points, even if someone else had won the roll and blown them out into space. It's your intentions that affect your alignment, not the actions of the group.
    It was mentioned in the Tatooine developer walkthrough, when the Imperial Agent voted to spare Darth Silthar, and the Sith Inquisitor elected to kill him - and the Inquisitor won.

Deleted
    The choices my Sith will make are based on what is best for the Empire.
    becasue in the end, my Sith eventually wants to rule it ^^
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2011-10-18 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    the way I see it being a Sith is about Freedom and power, not being a murderous moron. I'll do what I want, when I want, how I want, if that nets me Dark/Light side points..myeh I'll sort it out at 50
    On one hand, DS/LS points are supposed to affect on the cosmetic look of equipment you wear and not the stats, but on another hand, I've heard whispers that one can only achieve the Darth title as a full dark side sith - something a little silly because the greatest Sith were always clever and a lot of the DS conversation options are pretty dumb and sadism for sadism's sake.

I'll probably end up pretty grey and it is a worry that such a decision will cost me.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CNDElderknight View Post
    All i can say i hope they have server limits for each side, so it limits ppl logging in 5v1 odds. Seems 75% of ppl may be playing Sith.
    Problem with this is that they then roll on another server spreading the population thinner. If Bioware are committed to not having cross server options (which I hope they stick to) they need densely populated servers.

They aren't going to be able to do much to stop the weighting. I think we should get used to pvpers rolling republic for quicker queues and pvers rolling Empire for a larger pool of players.

I have the intention of rolling all 8 classes - whether I actually do it depends entirely upon Bioware allowing me to skip the world quests in subsequent playthroughs so I can experience my class story only. I guess the fact you can grind flashpoints kind of makes that true though.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Only problem with this is, there's not really a reliable source of "grey" gear. For instance the lightsabers offered at lvl 20-ish could come in two flavors: the "Requires Light 2" or the "Requires Dark 2". There's none available for purchase that have no requirement. This is something that's been commented on a lot by players on the forums, that there's no incentive to really play like you're describing, you kinda have to go either all Light or all Dark.

Now, it may be that there will be other sources of no-requirement gear, but much of the gear will require one way or the other.
    I don't know if it's in yet, it probably is, but if you do a Google search for "grey gear in swtor" or other search terms regarding morality gear there are many places discussing the fact that there is or that there is supposed to be grey gear for those who do go neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
    It was mentioned in the Tatooine developer walkthrough, when the Imperial Agent voted to spare Darth Silthar, and the Sith Inquisitor elected to kill him - and the Inquisitor won.
    Yes your intentions effect your LS/DS points not the final outcome, its to stop people QQing if they lose a roll lol

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Yes your intentions effect your LS/DS points not the final outcome, its to stop people QQing if they lose a roll lol
    I would say it's less about the QQ and more about common sense. If I choose to save the engineers but someone beats me to the punch (ie wins the roll) and kills them instead, I still made my own decision and acted within my LS morals to do the right thing. Someone else chose to kill them and that was beyond my control, thus I can then choose to either ignore their heinous actions and continue the group, or RP and protest their actions in some way. Either way I still did what I believed was right, thus continued along my path toward the light side, despite the evil deeds of those around me.

As Oma Desala says, "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control... whether we are good or evil."
    Last edited by GarGar; 2011-10-18 at 06:26 PM.