Deleted

Old God in Deathwing raid?

So I was looking at the new weapons coming out in 4.3 and saw the preview of a staff and a dagger both supposedly from an old god. just wondering if
    anyone had any information about if we would be seeing n'zoth soon or in the next expansion?

link to the items is here:
    http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1956...nges-and-more#.

thanks

Post was flagged somehow, approved now.

i have no idea how the battle with Deathwing will end, but it will be cool if there is a cut scene that a Old God will pop up and consume DW before his death, onward to the next expansion

One or two of the fights in the Demon Soul raid have pieces of Iso'wrath, the Old God in Twilight Highlands that you did a few quests in, pop up during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    One or two of the fights in the Demon Soul raid have pieces of Iso'wrath, the Old God in Twilight Highlands that you did a few quests in, pop up during the fight.
    That wasn't an Old God.

N'Zoth is an Old God. and Deathwing's master. He'll probably appear next expansion along with Azshara in her naga form.

There is no Old God planned for the Deathwing raid.

It is rather interesting though seeing the 8 or so Old God themed weapons, even more interesting that they are labled as "Old God" in the files. File names for items are labeled to denote where they will be dropping, if these weapons were going to drop in the Deathwing raid they'd be marked as "Deathwing" so it's very unlikely they will drop there.

If they're not planned to be used in the Deathwing raid it or even in Cataclysm at all it seems rather pointless to include them with 4.3. To me this suggests that there will be a Sunwell/Halion style raid sometime after the Deathwing raid featuring either an Old God or their minions.

Another explanation is this:
    There are roughly 8 weapons labled as "Future", I know for a fact these drop in the Endtime dungeon.
    There are roughly 8 weapons labled as "Night Elf", it's pretty obvious these will drop from the Well of Eternity Dungeon.
    There are roughly 8 weapons labled as "Old God" (8 isn't really enough for a raid).
    There are no items labled for the 3rd dungeon (yet), so i'd take a guess and say they may be dropping in that one (although it doesn't feature any Old Gods or direct minions).
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2011-10-02 at 03:49 AM.

have u seen the map for the raid? yes there will be Old God. Will we fight it? Not as a boss since the 8 (7 really unless you call getting loot twice from the same guy a boss) bosses are already confirmed unless there is gonna be some super secret boss
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?