Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    That is because it IS old
    My bigger problem with the series is just how it takes a small snippet out of the whole manga. Now, if that snippet had made sense I wouldn't have complained. But the first episode shows him in the future with all the battle damage he's taken fighting demons. Now flash back like 20 years and let's have a nice, totally non-magical medieval story about ambition and battle with a random Zodd thrown in there. Oh, look, here's the end; everybody's eaten by demons, have a nice day.

It seems like they should have either played up the magical aspect so that you had a sense of demons coming, or just simply ignored it and changed the ending (yes, I know the manga fans would have howled), but doing it halfway made the anime feel like it had multiple personality disorder. My vote is personally for the latter; at least from the view of somebody who's only seen the anime, it would have easily stood on its own without the supernatural aspects.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-05-08 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they had developed more on Battle Angel Alita as far as the anime goes. The producers called it quits after releasing 2 episodes (WTF right?). The manga is absolutely mind-blowing, one of the best futuristic-fighting manga out there jam-packed with science, physics, and most importantly EXPLANATIONS behind everything that goes on, it doesn't just make people pull bullshit abilities out of their asses :P

Not to mention the story is quite long and character development is awesome, addicting stuff for sure.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Ichigo vs Aizen (Where the 'Final' Getsuga Tensho is used) - Bleach

SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell - Dragon Ball Z / Kai

Kira vs Athrun - Gundam Seed

Mugen vs Three Brothers, Jin vs Kariya - Samurai Champloo

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qXFunYSsc8

Streetfighter Animated Movie : Chun Li vs Vega

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brader View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qXFunYSsc8

Streetfighter Animated Movie : Chun Li vs Vega
    I wanted Chun Li to lose
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RezPlz View Post
    Any Universal Century arc is god tier above all other gundam series. Too often though I encounter people who've only been exposed to Seed variants...
    The SEED series had over dramatic characters but the fight scenes were quite good

Took a while to find a half decent version. I guess il warn that their transformations are kind of suggestive. About 3:50 is when the fighting actually starts. But when fights last more than 5 seconds they are generally pretty epic in PSwG

Legend of Koizumi. It's an anime/manga about world leaders playing Mahjong...it's basically Yu-Gi-Oh but with George Bush and Hitler.

If you've never watched/read it, you need to get the FUCK out of this thread and take care of that.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2011-05-10 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every fight that theres Zaraki Kenpachi on it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like transformers series, especially movie 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
    Some of my fav fight scenes:
    Kenichi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NaUC...eature=related
    Wanted to link that also but didn't have time. Kenichi is such a good anime if u like fighting shonen without having the oh shit if i fart i blow up the world elements.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtvWKxy_ZBo

Luciola Vs Cicada in Last Exile, a VERY wierd fight scene, from a fantastic series, even though it's not REALLY a fight scene per se, it still stuck with me as one of the most memorable I've seen in a LONG time.
    the movement, music and Delphine.... detachement, all really stuck a cord with me.

also pretty much every fight scene in Puela Magi Madoka Magica was freakin EPIC, but the final fight between Homura and Walpurgis night was lolwutOTT
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    well wait. he might have a point.
    garrosh is an orc. "orc" has 3 letters in it. so does the word "win".
    malfurion is a night elf. "night elf" has eight letters. so does "will lose".

you can add this to the first post, if you'd like. makes more sense than most of your points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fav DBZ fight Goku vs Freeza

And also have to mention Sasuke vs Danzo ^.^ waiting for 211 episode

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Deleted
    These aren't RAW fights, but they give me the same feeling of watching the fights for the first time. I crapped my pants when Ulquiorra used his Segunda Etappa transformation.

Note that Code Geass was the best anime I ever seen, the chills that anime gave me were beyond. But Code Geass has more mental battles than physical.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2011-05-10 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    Far too many to list so I'll just mention a couple from Bleach.

Ichigo vs. Byakuya when he first learns his Bankai, then the hollow mask manifests when he's about to lose, friggin' awesome.

Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra when he blows a hole in Ichigo's chest and he resurrects as the bad ass horn dude.

Also, not a fan of the fight as a whole since it was over so quick but it was FUCKING EPIC when Ichigo shows up to finally fight Aizen and just grabs him by the face to move him mid-sentence while he's showing off

Ah also one of the most memorable for me is the "fight" in Elfen Lied where Lucy literally butchers Nana, ripping limbs off etc. Gave me chills because it was just like O.O (not to mention the scene with the kids in the classroom)
    Last edited by mmoca95c4fc5b8; 2011-05-10 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    Far too many to list so I'll just mention a couple from Bleach.

Ichigo vs. Byakuya when he first learns his Bankai, then the hollow mask manifests when he's about to lose, friggin' awesome.

Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra when he blows a hole in Ichigo's chest and he resurrects as the bad ass horn dude.

Also, not a fan of the fight as a whole since it was over so quick but it was FUCKING EPIC when Ichigo shows up to finally fight Aizen and just grabs him by the face to move him mid-sentence while he's showing off
    What I enjoy the most about bleach is the short fights...they don't drag it but rather just make 1-2 really awesome episodes. I love almost every single Bleach episode...but the episodes 61-109 should be burned. How drama can you get go over being able to live forever...stupid Bounto.

well from bleach i would say: Ichigo Vs Byakuya/Ulquiorra/Aizen, kenpachi Vs Espada #5

from Naruto: Rock Lee Vs Gaara, i guess Naruto Vs Pain even when they screwed up so much with the animation

From Fairy Tail Natsu Vs Jellal/Master Zero

but over all these there is this

youtu.be/9TCEY7GK8Sc

Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGI38w0HhPA
    always loved Tifas fighting style
    dont think that qualifies as anime or manga though that movie is on my top 5 of all times
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.