Poll: Best Written Character.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Sith Triumvirate

For those of you who've played KOTOR II through to the finish, which of the three Sith Lords do you reckon had the best character? Just out of interest, as I believe some of the characters in KOTOR II were written so well, despite the games' unfinished content.

Darth Nihilus - The Lord of Hunger

Darth Sion - The Lord of Pain

Darth Traya - The Manipulator.

Deleted
    Wow, tough choice there. I honestly think they're all interesting. But if I had to choose, probably Nihilus. I kinda liked the "being a wound in the force and feeding on every living thing" stuff.

Traya was a bit confusing. I feel like I didn't get her whole point. And Sion...a corpse looking sith, dark side pulling him together, existing only to inflict pain. How badass is that?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    For those of you who've played KOTOR II through to the finish, which of the three Sith Lords do you reckon had the best character? Just out of interest, as I believe some of the characters in KOTOR II were written so well, despite the games' unfinished content.

Darth Nihilus - The Lord of Hunger

Darth Sion - The Lord of Pain

Darth Traya - The Manipulator.
    ooo this is a real hard one there bro..

sion.. well i though he was the most boring of all

Treya, hmm i though she was pure evil in a smart way kinda cool character

but at the end i have to admit Nihilus was the most interesting of the three.. hes life was about sucking people dry of the force.. and prety much everything at him was a sort of a myth in the game.. which = cool

Deleted
    sion.. well i though he was the most boring of all
    Yeah, I originally thought that about him as well, but reading up on his history made him a hell-of-a-lot more interesting. He's over two thousand years old, and has fought in all the major Sith V Jedi wars ever since the time of Exar Kun. Found that pretty awesome myself.

Nihilus, I have to agree however, was the best; he bound himself to his armour through the force, and is essentially a walking suit of armour with incredibly dangerous force powers. Not to mention how intimidating he looks, towering over everyone at about nine foot or so.

Nihilus had the most potential and was the coolest but the shitty rushed ending made him look like a chump.

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    Nihilus had the most potential and was the coolest but the shitty rushed ending made him look like a chump.
    Basically how I feel. He looked badass and his character had a lot of potential to be important. Then I killed him and I just sat there and my reaction was more or less "lolwut?" He could've been so much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    my worlds on Darth Nihilus from the other thread

im just curious on Darth Nihilus, his body died but he was able to store his conscious in his armor but nothing was stated what happened with that armor or anything or even saying his soul just fading away except a holocron that was found thousands of years after KOTOR 2

i just wonder if hes accualy just sitting on a shelf somewhere and using the force to influence stuff.. i dono just my thoughts
    i would say, in the state he was in makes me think of the demon masks, being placed voluntarily or not the mask takes over the body sort of deal

she might of not even needed to pick up the mask someone else could of gotten it

"Lord Nihilus, you escaped death by containing your consciousness within your armor. How?!"
    ―Darth Krayt
    Darth Krayt was 3K years after KOTOR2 but he was talking about Nihilus's conscious in his armor in the holocron recording

for all we know Nihilus could still be out there, his mask could be just floating out in space in a ejected trash heap or what remains of the ship he was on, the Revan book could say he found the mask and destroyed it, we just do not know
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    heh, I didn't know that about Nihilus... kinda wish I'd read that before voting....

myeh Kriea is still badass, LOVE her story, I made a point of trying to buddy up to her in all my playthroughs (although it was pretty hard on my Jedis...)

that said I do like the idea of Darth Nihilus still being out there, maybe showing up in Swtor I remembered picking up his mask and being very annoyed I couldn't wear it... maybe there was originally supposed to be a 'Nihilis takes over the Exile and pwns the world' ending, before Kotor 2 went to hell and got finished off by the fans
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I was just so disappointed by the way Nihilus went down in KOTOR 2. He should have been the end boss not Kreia. I mean the KOTOR2 ending has to be one of the worst blunders in game history. how can people not see how it would be changed by bioware?

the idea of him still being around would be cool, but it's not like you'd really now since his speech was just weird sounds and nobody would really know it was him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    I was just so disappointed by the way Nihilus went down in KOTOR 2. He should have been the end boss not Kreia. I mean the KOTOR2 ending has to be one of the worst blunders in game history. how can people not see how it would be changed by bioware?

the idea of him still being around would be cool, but it's not like you'd really now since his speech was just weird sounds and nobody would really know it was him.
    taking over a body could cure that speak impediment hes got =P
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    How can u vote for Nihilus, when there wasnt even a story about him in game.

Yeah, I might have voted for Nihilus, there's a reason he got to be on the box art after all - except he was underdeveloped and I feel like he took a back-seat to the other two Sith Lords. Sion hounding you all game, Traya manipulating every single thing you do. And then there was Nihilus, who had a very minor role in comparison, and you couldn't even understand what he was saying which made it that much harder to connect with him. And from what Kreia said, he doesn't see the way we do, he doesn't even perceive a person before him, couldn't comprehend bombs destroying his ship. Makes him seem more like an animal or creature driven on instinct than a real villain.

Sion was your initial enemy and is more of a constant presence all game. And after reading a little more about him he is more of an interesting character than I originally took him for. But in terms of most developed character he can't beat Traya who was so damn manipulating that she could probably give Palpatine a run for his money. As the Exile I hated her so damn much, but as a player who has beaten the game a couple times now I really appreciate her character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of any of those characters... So I vote for Darth Vader. Problem?
    Last edited by Saverem; 2013-06-24 at 09:58 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I've never heard of any of those characters... So I vote for Darth Vader. Problem?
    Yes. Very big problem. The fact you've not played KOTOR II. MASSIVE problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played KOTOR I either. problem?!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really find any of these characters compelling. None of them had the backstory and character work of Malak, Revan, or any character out of KOTOR 1. Still, I voted for Sion since he was clearly the most nuanced of the three.

KOTOR 2 was still an abortion, thoroughly goofed by Obsidian.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Obsidian had decent ideas but god how could they put out such a bad ending?

I've got to be one of the few that just didn't like Traya. Sion wasn't all that interesting either. Maybe Atris could have worked as the 3rd part instead of Traya as she was planned in one of the endings?
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-10-03 at 11:00 PM.

Atris wasn't fleshed out enough either for my likeing, imo neither she nor Nihilus deserved to be on the box, especially since they never fought and she didn't exactly turn out to be the pure light Jedi she was set up to be. I think I hated Atris more than Kreia, and that is saying something.

I agree though, it would've been cool if she replaced Kreia as the third Sith for a particular ending if certain conditions were met. But that's just one more thing they left incomplete.

Deleted
    Don't put all the blame on Obsidian for KotoR II's ending. It was mainly them being rushed by LucasArts to get a Christmas release that caused them to have to cut so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Don't put all the blame on Obsidian for KotoR II's ending. It was mainly them being rushed by LucasArts to get a Christmas release that caused them to have to cut so much.
    Ya fault should lie pretty squarely on LucasArts for that, and many, many other poor gaming choices. Had Obsidian had time to finish the game, put in the missing chunks they had already made like the Hk factory, and actually been able to iron out the bugs that plagued that game it would have been absolutely phenomenal. I'm still not 100% sure what happens at the end of that game exactly since my copy of the game jumps through the cutscenes an conversations in the last part at about 800% speed.

I also blame LucasArts for the QTEs that ruined TFU 1 and 2. QTEs seem like something George Lucas would love as it forces the game's kills into exactly the vision of the creator. I'm just glad Lucas was busy messing with the Star Wars Blu-Ray adding in "NOOOOOOOO" wherever he deemed it appropriate rather than pushing Bioware to rush SWTOR. (And yes I realize he probably doesn't control that aspect of LA, at least directly).
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-05 at 02:28 PM.