Heroic Rag.../follow for Molten Seeds?

I'm sure this is a really dumb idea, but I can't see the folly behind it atm. Why not have everyone /follow one person for the Molten Seeds? That way, when we are grouped up, and leave, only one person is slightly ahead of the rest of the group.

Quite interesting actually^^.. I'm gonna bring this up this wednesday and see if we could try it for the lolz.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    This may sound a little harsh...but if your raid has to do that to get past the seeds then you really shouldn't be working on heroic rag. That little bit of coordination is minimal compared say phase 4.

---------- Post added 2011-10-02 at 06:16 PM ----------

However...I will say though it is an interesting idea..the problem you may run into is the seed from the "leader" will hit the remaining 9 players behind him most likely when it comes down...thats a lot of unnecessary damage.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Deleted
    You can't maxmise damage on the boss while on follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Follow also has some lag, couple that with all the information going to and from your pc from the seeds 24 other people could end up dead. Much easier just to use the BossMod timers. For example I run at 1second for the first seed, 1.5 seconds second seeds and 1 second third seeds. Everyone in the raid should learn to go at the right time according to their timers and not a countdown.
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    You can't maxmise damage on the boss while on follow.
    There is some lag for follow but it could still probably work, but Latex is correct that the biggest problem with that tactic is that then people won't be dps'ing during those movement. If you are intentionally getting 3 seed phases then that probably wouldn't matter, but if you are only doing 2 seeds then you can't really afford to lose that extra dps time.

And really, the coordination needed for P4 is very high so if your raid is having trouble moving together on a countdown from your RL then you aren't going to be able to do P4.

doens't work at all. you'll die everytime by the molten seeds
    tried it cuz i was bored just watch your timers an everything will be fine!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I doubt that will work, the lag from the follow actually kicking in will probably kill half the raid. Also, phase 4 is a cluster fuck compared to running away for seeds so like Divr said, if you can't do that then it's pointless even trying to work on rag.

Deleted
    seeds land one after annother so if you did this would would leave a line of seeds behind your follow train all the way to your stack up spot.
    or due to lad each new seed would land on the 9 people in the stack so instead of each seed hiting each individual once each seed hits 9 people once.

Deleted
    no. no. no. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    If someone needs to automate their movement for fight mechanics, they shouldn't be raiding, you should ALWAYS have control of your character.

Deleted
    As far as I can remember I saw Stars doing it

EDIT: Can't post links yet, but the video is up on youtube, someone relink it please: watch?v=lauC3WlGqK4
    Last edited by mmoc4b462ab122; 2011-10-03 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    If you follow one person it will look like this 9 people ---- 1 person
    And everyone takes damage from the seed that lands on the one everyone is following. It doenst kill but still does damage

yes. yes. yes. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

So one of the best guilds in the world should just stop raiding? I thought everyone knew about Stars doing the follow thing, it was one of the first kill videos released. And no, nobody takes damage from the seed of the person they're following.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtaroth View Post
    no. no. no. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    If someone needs to automate their movement for fight mechanics, they shouldn't be raiding, you should ALWAYS have control of your character.
    Agreed. Seeing as it's on HM you need to do all the DPS you can so you'll need to use instants all the way while moving.