10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Arrested Development back on tv plus Movie

While I have an undying love for this show, I have also found a very strong dislike for Bateman. Fortunately, the rest of the cast each cancel him out individually.

Wooooooow....it's a damn miracle...

The chicken dances are funny as hell. In Rift they used a couple of the chicken dances but I bet hardly anybody even realizes what it's from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXP-CLPwIx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTMK3tJDZhs

arrested development tv show

they are making a fourth season, it is announced! everybody who is a fan should be very very happy right now

as a fan I have mixed feelings. It ended pretty well I think. While I hope the new season is on the same caliber as the original 3 which would be awesome, I don't have my hopes too high and just hope they don't completely screw it

I love Arrested development tv show and get excited for enjoy it over again, as it is getting back. Well thanks for sharing this great news.

Execs really dropped the ball with canceling that show. They wonder why reruns of the show were getting watched and DVD's were selling, while the new unfunny garbage they promote gets low ratings .. Hmm

It's a terrific show, but as said earlier, it ended decently enough. I guess the Bluth's get together for a reunion .. or to solve a crisis. Everyone's going to be much older too, which might take away some of the feeling of a growing family - not sure .. ...

I guess as long as Ron Howard is involved again & narrates it could be good again.

Thanks for the info too!

They didn't drop the ball. When a show loses 1/3 of it's viewers between the end of one season and the start of another, that is a very bad sign. Less people watching = bad for business = cancelled shows. However, much like Family Guy, there was massive response AFTER the show went off the air.

well the guys are about 80% to do a deal. they still have to work out the financial stuff and as long as that isn't dealt with i won't have my hopes up. it would be awesome to have more AD but seriously there is not much chance. Fox TV and Fox Movie have to work together but this seems to be a problem (something i can't understand coz they are the same studios)

Firefly was the same. the series got cancled but after a big response by the fans a film was made which couldn't live up to the producers standard and i guess this will be same too for AD. Coz lets be honest: not much people will go watch the movie of series that is only really big for a small (but loud) portion of movie goers. Its a huge risk for the studios to highlight something that has already failed their expectations and will probably tank just like the other movie for a awesome series (firefly). Fans alone can't bring the profit.

I won't say its too sophisticated for the general viewer but it is a very obscure type of humor that needs to grow and all the doubt a studio might have for an AD movie is understandable. after all its their money they are putting into it and in these times either the studio publishes a movie with small investment or make a movie with high invesments which will generate a huge profit. there is no middle ground anymore and so AD Movie is still, though hurwitz and the cast and we really want it to happen, far away from being made as it was 5 years ago.

Another thing that speaks against an AD movie is that the show is already 5 Years old. 5 Years ago only a few people watched it and till now i don't think the viewer number has increased by that much. Of course a lot of people have come to enjoy it through good word of mouth but i don't think its still enough.
    Last edited by obc; 2011-10-04 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    They didn't drop the ball. When a show loses 1/3 of it's viewers between the end of one season and the start of another, that is a very bad sign. Less people watching = bad for business = cancelled shows. However, much like Family Guy, there was massive response AFTER the show went off the air.
    The series though was getting awards while it was still being aired (2004+), which is free publicity, and a sign that it's going to be talked about eventually, even if people haven't heard of the show.

Most of the people I know never even knew the show aired at all, but then ended up watching it on reruns, liking it, and buying the dvd's. Something did go wrong with viewer participation - maybe advertising? It could be the execs are out of touch with how to reach people these days, many stations (not just theirs anymore), over the air radio isn't nearly as popular, DVR's skip commercials, computer web & email ad's get blocked as spam ..

I remember way back when seeing lot's of Seinfeld commercials on many stations, hearing radio commercials, back when shows were being aired for the first time. Those media outlets have gotten old..

I'm not throwing any of this out there as definitive proof, if anything the only thing I have for sure is me personally knowing others who like the show, but never heard of it before.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-04 at 05:18 PM.