Deleted

About a GTS 450 and BF3

As you can see im still running an old 9600GT with 512mb of RAM.
    I dont have any money. And i really want to play BF3. my 9600GT could barely run the game on the lowest graphics at 1680x1050.
    As you can see im also running an Athlon II x3 @ 3.2ghz with 4GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1420mhz.

My friend will be upgrading to a GTX 560 TI and he might give me his old EVGA GeForce GTS 450 FPB 1gb

So my question is: How will the game run at 1680x1050 on a GTS 450 FPB? The card is a very sightly factory oc'd one. (40mhz increase on the core)
    But since its EVGA, im hoping to push it more... (Why else would it cost 40 euros more than any other GTS 450? Not sure though)

edit: And how big overclocking could the EVGA GTS 450 take? If anyone has any idea.

Low settings will be your friend....time goes fast, computers too...but considering your willing to buy the: GTS 450 FPB ...don't and safe a bit longer for a 560 or 570....it's more price-quality
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

Deleted
    Well atleast i can tell who reads my whole post

It will run much better, but don't expect to play it on max settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    Well atleast i can tell who reads my whole post
    Now sarcasm is your friend. Good.....good....

Edit: But yes, it will run better but don't expect to walk on water with it.
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

Deleted
    Just saying that read my post properly next time Nocturnes. Im not buying anything. Im just saying that if i get this card for free.
    The game ran at under than 20 fps on the lowest settings at 1680x1050 with a 512mb 9600GT.
    Im not expecting to run 60 fps on high settings with a GTS 450. Im not that stupid. I just want the game to run at 30-40 fps with any settings. But it would be nice if i could atleast run low-med at 1680x1050. AA isnt important for me cause i rarlely can use it on any game.

I also read that BF3 likes VRAM. And even at 1680x1050 i hope going from 512 to 1024 is quite an improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have any money. And i really want to play BF3. my 9600GT could barely run the game on the lowest graphics at 1680x1050.
    As you can see im also running an Athlon II x3 @ 3.2ghz with 4GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1420mhz.

My friend will be upgrading to a GTX 560 TI and he might give me his old EVGA GeForce GTS 450 FPB 1gb

So my question is: How will the game run at 1680x1050 on a GTS 450 FPB? The card is a very sightly factory oc'd one. (40mhz increase on the core)
    But since its EVGA, im hoping to push it more... (Why else would it cost 40 euros more than any other GTS 450? Not sure though)

edit: And how big overclocking could the EVGA GTS 450 take? If anyone has any idea.
    From what people say on Overclock.net EVGA stopped binning with fermi GPU's lol.. So the reason they cost more is branding and warranty. Normally though I'd expect a 1GHz overclock with some overvolting with most GTS 450's which seems to be the norm for them. Performance wise you should be capable of pulling 30-40 fps with a combination of low-medium settings in Battlefield 3.

If anything though your CPU will also be a bottleneck in Battlefield 3 considering how much it rapes modern Quad Cores.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I've been playing Beta and although it is no complete indication on how the game will run in the full release, I can say that with the 9800 GTX SLi (2), at medium settings, i'm getting about 35-40 with some choppiness here and there. Completely playable though. As far as overclocking goes, I won't touch the stuff till I get a watercooled solution for my gpu. I think you should be fine using the GTS 450 if you don't mind medium-high settings. Probably want a 480 or 550 for anything higher. Personally i'd just buy the 560 like your friend and not have to worry bout upgrading for a few years (Maybe 3 or 4).
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

Deleted
    Thanks

10characters