Thread: Gpu bf3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Eyes View Post
    I have one GTX 580, and I can run the beta on max settings without ever dropping below 60 fps.

I don't really trust benchmark sites. They didn't serve me well in the past.
    You fail to realize that the beta client they have for testing is a newer client (I believe that review sites were given a much newer version of the game for "previews"). The beta that is public is a much older version with some graphical elements toned down or completely removed for stability purposes. The goal of the beta is to test out their servers and how they handle the workload, not to see how the game runs on different computers. You can read more here: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

Deleted
    The beta is limted to High setings atm, and its an over 1 month old build arcoding to Dice.

and on topic, its good but you will not max it as you willl need to sli 2 thos card and even then maby nott be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Beta it looked like, on 1920x1080, my 1GB VRAM got to be the bottleneck already at 4x MSAA.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    In the Beta it looked like, on 1920x1080, my 1GB VRAM got to be the bottleneck already at 4x MSAA.
    Yeah, Unfortunately it seems those with 1080p setups are looking in the 1GB+ range of cards. Those textures seem to eat up that VRAM pretty good.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Eyes View Post
    I have one GTX 580, and I can run the beta on max settings without ever dropping below 60 fps.

I don't really trust benchmark sites. They didn't serve me well in the past.
    max settings is about high. I'm doing the same at 1920x1200, benchmarked myself. The benchmarks of the 580 are accurate as the benchmarked 580 is a 1.5gb.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slidero View Post
    560ti/hd6950 is right around at the sweet spot price/performance these days, get one of those.

You guys that are recommending the 580gtx or similar cards - please stop.
    You need a 580 to stay above 60fps at 1920x1080... that's called running a game as it should be ran. You need a 580, if you want to run the game at even high, let alone ultra, where even the 580 is going to assume the foetal position and whine like those who have cancelled their pre orders lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    They did scale down the graphics for the beta. That might be why. Also, the low resolution.
    Low resolution sorry to play on a 22 inch 16:10 lcd lol pretty sure its enoguht for almost everyone, Oh back on topic played in 1080p with my GF screen and it was goign on about the same, ANd I am pretty sure its not THAT dumbed down, I really want to see the retail version and lol at it, something told me they catered to sony and microsoft ( if its way too good on pc ps3 and 360 will look like n64 games next to a ps3 lol)

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    max settings is about high. I'm doing the same at 1920x1200, benchmarked myself. The benchmarks of the 580 are accurate as the benchmarked 580 is a 1.5gb.

You need a 580 to stay above 60fps at 1920x1080... that's called running a game as it should be ran. You need a 580, if you want to run the game at even high, let alone ultra, where even the 580 is going to assume the foetal position and whine like those who have cancelled their pre orders lol
    Fucking 60 fps is useless wtf dont you know the eye doesnt see the difference between 40 and 60 fps, we start to see a difference below 30fps (why do you think PS3 and xbox 360 will only run at 30fps, because its at that point the eye doesnt see lag), Srly a 6950 and 560ti are both pretty good, and will run the game on ultra mark my word, Nowehre did they state graphics were dumbed down on ultra in the beta. PLUS recommended graphic card is a 6950 or 560, this mean its probably goign to run on ultr with those card, pretty sure, its not a mmo just a fps.
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2011-10-05 at 01:41 AM.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Fucking 60 fps is useless wtf dont you know the eye
    I stopped reading here, you're wrong.

http://youtu.be/V3y3QoFnqZc
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR] Fucking 60 fps is useless wtf dont you know the eye doesnt see the difference between 40 and 60 fps, we start to see a difference below 30fps (why do you think PS3 and xbox 360 will only run at 30fps, because its at that point the eye doesnt see lag), Srly a 6950 and 560ti are both pretty good, and will run the game on ultra mark my word, Nowehre did they state graphics were dumbed down on ultra in the beta. PLUS recommended graphic card is a 6950 or 560, this mean its probably goign to run on ultr with those card, pretty sure, its not a mmo just a fps.
    The eyes see in light, not frames so there is no theoretical limit on what we are capable of seeing since it varies by individual. Also, Consoles run at 30fps because they are meant to be used with TV's, which are limited to 30 fps and use a form of motion blur to deter any sort of frame tearing or slideshow effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run it with 850mhz GTX 570 SLI, and it never dips below 60 fps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    The eyes see in light, not frames so there is no theoretical limit on what we are capable of seeing since it varies by individual. Also, Consoles run at 30fps because they are meant to be used with TV's, which are limited to 30 fps and use a form of motion blur to deter any sort of frame tearing or slideshow effects.
    Consoles AFAIK support 60 fps. But they're too weak and in order to give out more eye-candy, they sacrifice frame rate. Iirc Id softare's RAGE is supposed to do 60 fps even on consoles, because John Carmack wanted it that way.

TVs definitely do support 60fps. And 60i footage should take advantage of that. Heck even drama shows goes into your box/tv in 60i (in US world) albeit with 2:3 pulldown and is not perceived (nor produced) as 60 fps (thankfully).
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-10-05 at 08:47 AM.

Consoles AFAIK support 60 fps. But they're too weak and in order to give out more eye-candy, they sacrifice frame rate. Iirc Id softare's RAGE is supposed to do 60 fps even on consoles, because John Carmack wanted it that way.

TVs definitely do support 60fps. And 60i footage should take advantage of that. Heck even drama shows goes into your box/tv in 60i (in US world) albeit with 2:3 pulldown and is not perceived (nor produced) as 60 fps (thankfully).
    Yes they support 60fps, although often sacrifice it for better visuals. Saithes's comment is false and should be ignored. TV's are not limited to 30fps. Interlaced signal is linked to resolution differences, but not FPS. Also, since modern TV accept progressive scan and act same way as PC Monitor there is no reason to mention interlasing at all.
    Last edited by anb; 2011-10-05 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    you might want to avoid the factory overclocked models of the 560. there seems to be some trouble to be had with them and the beta. i have one myself, and have had random black screens and crashes. do a quick search on google and you'll find that im not the only one. there are a few fixes but they're annoying
    I am having the same problem with my 560ti, for a start it wants me to intall drivers that don't even exist for the card, so I think they have a bit of tweaking to do.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post

You definitely don't need a 580 to play on high, perhaps ultra, but certainly not high. It runs at a steady 60FPS on high with my 560Ti, and that card is unoptimized as hell on the beta.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    beta is capped at high settings, they posted already on this. Ultra wasn't in the beta (besides shadows) to keep the size low.

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    beta is capped at high settings, they posted already on this. Ultra wasn't in the beta (besides shadows) to keep the size low.
    Funny seeing as I can turn on Ultra on my PC (w7 64bit, gtx 550 ti, 8gig ram, i5 processor)

That said, I turned the settings down to high because on 1920 x 1080 it was causing problems on some textures, I.E some trees looking weird when knocked down. (Not sure if this is because it's still BETA.)

Deleted
    Im playing on medium setting with a oc 560ti with an fps between 50-60 and its stable and smooth! Also when the game is out better compability with drivers and so on then you will get better preformance

Make sure you update your NVIDIA drivers here, on the BETA versions.

These are the ones they recommend for BF3.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hmmlol View Post
    Funny seeing as I can turn on Ultra on my PC (w7 64bit, gtx 550 ti, 8gig ram, i5 processor)

That said, I turned the settings down to high because on 1920 x 1080 it was causing problems on some textures, I.E some trees looking weird when knocked down. (Not sure if this is because it's still BETA.)
    You cant set higher than high ultra are not on the beta yet.. also dont think a 550ti would be playing on ultra with a playabel fps

Low resolution sorry to play on a 22 inch 16:10 lcd lol pretty sure its enoguht for almost everyone, Oh back on topic played in 1080p with my GF screen and it was goign on about the same, ANd I am pretty sure its not THAT dumbed down, I really want to see the retail version and lol at it, something told me they catered to sony and microsoft ( if its way too good on pc ps3 and 360 will look like n64 games next to a ps3 lol)

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 09:36 PM ----------

Fucking 60 fps is useless wtf dont you know the eye doesnt see the difference between 40 and 60 fps, we start to see a difference below 30fps (why do you think PS3 and xbox 360 will only run at 30fps, because its at that point the eye doesnt see lag), Srly a 6950 and 560ti are both pretty good, and will run the game on ultra mark my word, Nowehre did they state graphics were dumbed down on ultra in the beta. PLUS recommended graphic card is a 6950 or 560, this mean its probably goign to run on ultr with those card, pretty sure, its not a mmo just a fps.
    So much fail in so few paraghraps...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTowle View Post
    You cant set higher than high ultra are not on the beta yet.. also dont think a 550ti would be playing on ultra with a playabel fps
    There's an Ultra pre-set right there on the menu...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    There's an Ultra pre-set right there on the menu...
    But turnin it up to ultra will not improve anything over high at the moment, only shadows.