Deleted

Bigwigs, DXE and DBM - correct timers?

Greetings!

I'm currently using DBM for my dose of screen flashes, timers and warnings. I'm noticing more and more often that the timers are at times way off, especially on Ragnaros (Seed timers), but also on Sinestra's Wrack and Nefarian's Shadow flame on adds. This is at times rather annoying or even fatal. So the question is, without having to try them all out, do BigWigs and/or DXE offer the same/correct timers?

I just mentally adjust for the fact that DBM timers are a little off. As a RL, I wait for the timers to JUST about hit 0 and tell people to be ready for X. I've heard that Bigwigs timers are more accurate, but I'm reluctant to switch to them since I know most of my raid will insist on continuing to use DBM.

Edit: For Rag seed timers, I've found that the first timer is usually pretty accurate, while timers past that are ~1-1.5 seconds off. Once you get a feel for it, it's not much of an issue.

Deleted
    Do like me, i use both bigwigs and dbm, works like a charm :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krelianzg View Post
    I just mentally adjust for the fact that DBM timers are a little off. As a RL, I wait for the timers to JUST about hit 0 and tell people to be ready for X. I've heard that Bigwigs timers are more accurate, but I'm reluctant to switch to them since I know most of my raid will insist on continuing to use DBM.

Edit: For Rag seed timers, I've found that the first timer is usually pretty accurate, while timers past that are ~1-1.5 seconds off. Once you get a feel for it, it's not much of an issue.
    The thing is, I'm a RL too, and if we want to have some serious attempts at Rag HC having to guess is simply not an option. You are correct that the first are pretty well on time (and easy to guess, lava waves going out / move), but it's that second one that's different all the time. One time it's at the exact time of engulfing, the other its counting down and nothing happens for 2/3 seconds, and another it spawns 1.5 seconds after engulfing.

Deleted
    As much as i know ideally the timers will be perfect, once you have adjusted to the timers once they are ~1-2 seconds off then it works fine. That's all we do for raggy, as you mention, some of the timers are ok, and one or 2 of them are a few seconds out, aslong as you and your raid are on the ball it should all still work fine.

Deleted
    Try getting the latest version. I'm using DBM and the countdown for seeds is spot on. It's even announced in a womans voice from 5 to 0.

DBM seed timer is fine, make sure you have "Show warning/timer for Molten Seed landing instead of seed casts" un-checked under the firelands options.

Bigwigs is spot on for heroic rag. DBM is off, so we had our guild switch.

Actually it happened to me, that seed spawned like 5+ seconds after the woman counted to zero .... => WIPE.

10+ Year Old Account
    DBM is off by about 4 seconds on the second seed timer on Rags (it doesn't matter if you go by the countdown or the /rw or the timer itself -- it's off on the second). Otherwise, the rest of the timers are right.

I've encountered boss fights in the past where other ones were off slightly too. It happens to all of them. Just learn where it's wrong and learn to adjust, or swap to another one if it bothers you too much.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Anyone saying that the seed timers for DBM are off needs to learn to update addons more than once per patch. It's fine, they had to update it due to the hotfix, but it's perfectly fine as long as you're not running something that's out of date.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

It doesn't matter how exact the timers are so long as they're consistent in the amount they're off.

For H Rag, the seed timers are at least consistently off by a second or so, so it's really not much of an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    Anyone saying that the seed timers for DBM are off needs to learn to update addons more than once per patch. It's fine, they had to update it due to the hotfix, but it's perfectly fine as long as you're not running something that's out of date.
    I have the latest version and as of this Friday, the second seed timer was still about four seconds off. The rest of them are fine.

This is not an issue unique to me. On top of the multiple posters in this thread saying the same thing, the entire portion of my raid that uses DBM was having the same issue at the same time.

So unless there was another patch in the last three days correcting this issue, you're incorrect. Furthermore, even if there was a patch fixing this weekend, this does not change the fast that it has been off for at least two weeks.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2011-10-03 at 09:25 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |