Deleted

Feedback would be appreciated! ;)

Heya all you awesome fellow hunters!

Not gonna write a wall of text here, at least I'm gonna try not to... >.> Uhrm. So a since a few weeks I'm sick of PvE and started to farm the usual honor PvP set and get into Arena with my irl best friend who plays a Holy Paladin.

We are fine against two dps, we even didn't have so much trouble with mage/priest, but we're having problems against the same combo as we are. Especially shaman-feral. Those fights seem to be ever-ever-ever lasting, last one lasted 20 min, with my best friend toying around with them for another 10 min while I was dead.

I've been wondering aswell, what is the best option for us ; keeping the healer as much as possible cc'd/silenced or trying to nuke the healer first? Or trying to go for the dps instead? Having second thoughts on what options to chose during the fight is the worst thing to do. We're both "new" to arena. We both know our class well, we can communicate really in a relaxed way and we trust eachother, but sometimes I feel like we're missing out on some basic tacts, especially when we come across a healer-dps combo like we are.

I just want some advice or hunters that have done some arena with other pallies. Would very much be appreciated.

Noana

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no hunter, only thing I would like to remember you is making your healer feel comfortable enough to cast exorcism as much as his mana can effort. It helps.

Edit: Hunters are great for 3v3. Hunters are really good for 2v2 - 2 dps combo teams. But hunters are bad for 2v2 with a healer.
    Last edited by Astronomy; 2011-10-03 at 11:09 AM.

Probably not the answer you're looking for.. but have your pala go retri. Hunter + healer is a bust in 2s, you will get long games cause of poor damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Noana View Post
    Heya all you awesome fellow hunters!

Not gonna write a wall of text here, at least I'm gonna try not to... >.> Uhrm. So a since a few weeks I'm sick of PvE and started to farm the usual honor PvP set and get into Arena with my irl best friend who plays a Holy Paladin.

We are fine against two dps, we even didn't have so much trouble with mage/priest, but we're having problems against the same combo as we are. Especially shaman-feral. Those fights seem to be ever-ever-ever lasting, last one lasted 20 min, with my best friend toying around with them for another 10 min while I was dead.

I've been wondering aswell, what is the best option for us ; keeping the healer as much as possible cc'd/silenced or trying to nuke the healer first? Or trying to go for the dps instead? Having second thoughts on what options to chose during the fight is the worst thing to do. We're both "new" to arena. We both know our class well, we can communicate really in a relaxed way and we trust eachother, but sometimes I feel like we're missing out on some basic tacts, especially when we come across a healer-dps combo like we are.

I just want some advice or hunters that have done some arena with other pallies. Would very much be appreciated.

Noana
    Don't have your pally do damage, spend those talents somwhere more usefull.
    If you want him to do damage then have him become either tank or dps alltogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

basically what everyone else said. double dps with a hunter is far far far superior than hunter/healer. it's just so painful.

if you do insist on staying with hunter/pally, your best bet is focusing the dps down. you will almost never kill the healer.

Hunters in 2s need short games with an ally who can hold someone in place for you to actually do some damage at all (<3 pillar hugging druids/shamans). Since BM is actually viable as a burst spec again you have a strong stun + scatter / freeze combo, bursting down a dps would be your best bet. Honestly wouldn't know how to play Hunter anything differently than burst combo in 2s though. Long-time pressure as a hunter in 2s is virtually non-existent and done better by pretty much every other class.