Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    just give it a bubble, then its fine =)

All hail the might of the shadow vag with its mighty head fallopian tubes. It has teeth just like the real thing! You shall all fear it.

Infracted. Please post constructively. [-Spiritus-]
    Last edited by [-Spiritus-]; 2011-10-05 at 01:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    you should really be waiting for spellpower procs to pop your first fiend, this should never happen.
    Call me stupid or clueless but doesn't the fiend's attacks benefit from sp update with every hit?
    Last edited by mmoc2c18626f4d; 2011-10-04 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Why wouldn't you? What else would you glyph for? 2 hour shadow protection? 30% less mana on Fade? =/
    I'm actually glyphed for 30% mana reduction on fade...
    Also teh shadow protection isn't 2 hours. It's an extra 10 mins, on a 60 min buff. Yeah. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Seems like you didnt play in early WotLK as shadwofiend lived like 5secs on sapphiron
    Oh, the memories.

Yeah, now a days shadowfiend doesn't really die that much in regular pve so it's not too useful of a glyph anymore.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Also teh shadow protection isn't 2 hours. It's an extra 10 mins, on a 60 min buff. Yeah. Awesome.
    Yeah, it used to be a nice glyph when shadow protection had a 10min duration unglyphed, but since they changed the duration to 60 min it really is crap now.

Yeah it used to die a lot before they gave it avoidance, the slightest sneeze would kill it.

I used it to great effect on the adds in the Nexus Staff quest just the other day. he could almost solo one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    I'm actually glyphed for 30% mana reduction on fade...
    i'm glyphed for fade too! it's a great plus when there are many adds, and you have a reassurance skill (+ mana reduction xD) for yourself. something else you can do for the tanks and for yourself, you knw

i'm also glyphed to pw:fort and levitate as a holy priest.. becus.. you knw.. our minor glyphs aren't tht great LOL bt they're nt too shabby either imo. they are, aftall, minor glyphs

10+ Year Old Account
    As for PvE, nope its never died for me in a boss encounter, the glyph is pretty much useless but it is a MINOR so /care
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

The only time i saw mine die was on Problim in TB cause it was actually tanking it.

Deleted
    I've never seen mine die since starting Cataclysm. Only ever saw it die in ICC a couple of times.

I still have the glyph for it though, combined with Levitate and Fade glyphs.
    I don't see the point in the +10 minute Shadow Protection, or the mana cost on PW:F, it costs virtually nothing as it is.

Deleted
    Mana cost on PW:F was more use before they reduced the mana cost loads in 4.0.6 (68% apparently). Seems to be a common factor with our minor glyphs - they were useful, now they're more or less pointless (except levi).

Quote Originally Posted by Emmote View Post
    I've never seen mine die since starting Cataclysm. Only ever saw it die in ICC a couple of times.

I still have the glyph for it though, combined with Levitate and Fade glyphs.
    I don't see the point in the +10 minute Shadow Protection, or the mana cost on PW:F, it costs virtually nothing as it is.
    precisely becus of the fact tht shadowfiends don't die in cata (specifically pve), pw:f/shadow prot is the btr glyph. i chose pw:f over shadow prot becus even with the extra 10 mins, i believe i will rebuff both the shadow prot and pw:f at the same time..

halving the mana cost of pw:f is also gd if hypothetically, you are in the middle of a fight: your main tank has died. he just got ressed. you are the only healer standing. you are running low on mana. bt your tank needs more hp becus the boss hits hard. thus you need to buff him. is the mana cost of pw:f still nothing? becus it can likely help you cast hw:serenity with the saved mana.

i'm nt saying tht the situation will happen. i'm just saying it does have its uses. it also reduces downtime, however minute it may be. becus less mana used = less mana needed to be recovered

I've never had my SF die on me unless I force it to tank.

I still have PW:F glyphed since it used to cost an asinine amount of MP when Cata first launched, I just haven't gotten around to switching it out... not that there's anything really useful to get outside of Levitate and Fade in the minor glyph department

My Shadowfiend never died yet in the pve content....so i guess the glyphe is kinda wortheless. i hope it get killed for some extra mana but it's rng ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirynd View Post
    it also reduces downtime, however minute it may be. becus less mana used = less mana needed to be recovered
    I always buff before a feast gets placed, so I never have downtime because of it. Each to their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesys View Post
    Call me stupid or clueless but doesn't the fiend's attacks benefit from sp update with every hit?
    Yes, I am quite sure it does. I think it worked the other way around in 4.0-4.06 but the mechanic was changed at some point. Anyways since power torret and lightweave has 10 sec duration, it is quite smart to pre-cast shadowfiend (when dots are up ofc). But anyways you should be pre-potting and pre-casting VT on pull, not open with shadowfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    My Shadowfiend never died yet in the pve content....so i guess the glyphe is kinda wortheless. i hope it get killed for some extra mana but it's rng ^^
    actually it's nt rly extra mana, becus you get 3% of your mana each time your shadowfiend atks, as opposed to the 5% mana if it dies. so in the long run, having it nt die is much btr (:

Quote Originally Posted by Emmote View Post
    I always buff before a feast gets placed, so I never have downtime because of it. Each to their own.
    i'm pretty sure everyone buffs bfr feasting. bt buffs still require mana, and mana still needs to be recovered even thou the feasts spds it up tht much. it doesn't stop being a fact even thou it is a step tht's sped up

Deleted
    Let me think... No. Still have the glyph though, which is pretty dum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathaleon View Post
    Let me think... No. Still have the glyph though, which is pretty dum.
    Yeah I very very rarely benefit from that glyph also. =/
    Sorry to post off topic but I love your avatar and sig. Tier 13 looks awesome. Where did you get the model for your sig? Was it wow modelviewer? I can't get the tier 13 to show up even after loading the PTR files o.o