Weapon damage or Stats for off hand weapon

http://www.wowhead.com/item=59330 i have this axe and http://www.wowhead.com/item=70164 to use as off hands.I am using zoids normal in my main hand right now.

The question is does weapon damage really matter over weapon sats because i feel that the craft sword is sort of a gimp because of its worthless stats.I do know that axe from shannox has almost the same stats as the crafted weapon but i just keep holding out for sulfar from rag and zoid drop .

Stats wise i sit at 26% crit with cho galls axe and with the crafted sword i am at 25% crit.

just seeing what other warriors say i been at this for yrs now but my feeling always has been weapon damage but with crafted the stats on the weapons itself suck so again just checking.

Regardless of what that sword is pure shiiiiajt! Go for the axe imo.

EDIT: If your an Orc there is absolutley nothing to talk about. Regardeless wich wep you go for it's an minor upgrade.
    Last edited by Gottalot; 2011-10-03 at 04:36 PM.

Go with the axe, the sword is garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top End > Secondary Stats, though more so when the damage difference is bigger than what it is between Cho'gall's axe and that awful sword.

IF you have a second Cho'Gall axe then you'd probably be better off equipping it instead though. How the hell are you at 26% Crit? That raid buffed? Because even Fury Warriors in near full BIS Heroic FL gear and properly itemized don't have Crit that high.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Gnarls/simple here is my armory link and thanks for the advice. I am only stacking strength gems not crit just so i do not look like a nub posting that and that is with the cho gal axe and battle shout. Also yes i know i have two things reforge to haste but my rage regen with just barely 3% haste sucks and that is with only using herioc strike at 75 rage.
    Last edited by splenmuncher; 2011-10-03 at 09:01 PM.

Actually OP has a legit question. I think this is worthy of a sim to find the true champion. When I get home (about 50 minutes from now), I'll run a sim with the gear you have now, a sim with optimized reforge/gems with the weapons/gear you have now, and a 3rd sim with the same reforge/gem optimizations but with the other offhand. TG doesnt perform any weapon-based attacks from their offhand except deep wounds, so that only leaves weapon damage (all relevant cata 2H's are at or above the 3.3 normalized speed) and stats. I'm leaning towards the sword, but like I said, needs a sim to be 100% sure.

Edit: I glanced at your armory and you have a -lot- of hit, so much that mastery may be edging out hit slightly for you, but it'll require a reforge plot which can take a lot of time to confirm.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2011-10-04 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Actually OP has a legit question. I think this is worthy of a sim to find the true champion. When I get home (about 50 minutes from now), I'll run a sim with the gear you have now, a sim with optimized reforge/gems with the weapons/gear you have now, and a 3rd sim with the same reforge/gem optimizations but with the other offhand. TG doesnt perform any weapon-based attacks from their offhand except deep wounds, so that only leaves weapon damage (all relevant cata 2H's are at or above the 3.3 normalized speed) and stats. I'm leaning towards the sword, but like I said, needs a sim to be 100% sure.

Edit: I glanced at your armory and you have a -lot- of hit, so much that mastery may be edging out hit slightly for you, but it'll require a reforge plot which can take a lot of time to confirm.

Deepwounds also runs off of offhand weapon damage? Thought it was only Raging blow?

Quote Originally Posted by Awnetu View Post
    Deepwounds also runs off of offhand weapon damage? Thought it was only Raging blow?
    Crits from your offhand autoattack and offhand raging blow proc a deep wounds appropriate to the strength of your offhand weapon's autoattack damage. Crits from bloodthirst, heroic strike/cleave, Slam (assuming TG), and mainhand raging blow proc deep wounds in strength appropriate to your main hand weapon's autoattack damage.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 09:16 PM ----------

With your gear as-is with axe OH: 26,190.5 ± 4.17 dps
    Your gear, optimized: 26,398.8 ± 4.92 dps Red socket = bold, purple socket with strength bonus = etched, yellow socket with strength = inscribed. Your gear with axe should be like this: http://chardev.org/?profile=243930 Make sure to double check some reforge changes (You were reforging into haste for some reason in a lot of spots). Also I moved talent point from piercing howl into booming voice.
    Now your gear with Masterwork sword in offhand: 26,450.9 ± 5.12 dps And the reforges/gems/gear can be seen at http://chardev.org/?profile=243937

TL;DR: Fix your reforging and spec, and the 365 sword causes more total dps than the 359 axe.

The more you know.

Thanks .

cool thanks for all the info sorry for the delay getting back and i really do mean thank u because i just want to continue to get better and better as a fury warrior

Quote Originally Posted by splenmuncher View Post
    The question is does weapon damage really matter over weapon sats
    Yes, weapon damage is the best "stat" by far.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter