Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Quest V.

Tactics (PS version). The gameboy one sucked imo, no story and the law thing was bleh, also less depth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VXFadhel View Post
    Sorry mate I have to disagree with "part of the customization" thing and stats. Most Magic was useless in 8 because of the stats they are assigned to, others were useless because they just were(low dmg or so) and ofc there is some good magics (I dont remember their names). Its always better to leave your Char as low as possible in lvl so you can get more benifit of BONUS stat+. And with the interactive limits, FF13 beats it in that by being "interactive battle". So FF8 does lack in battle. GF are nice but not enough to cover for the rest.
    Magic's main job in VIII was being junctioned to stats. Keeping a couple of spells purely for healing and Haste/Aura to cast on the party (post Cerberus summon) then just Limit Break chain.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Magic's main job in VIII was being junctioned to stats. Keeping a couple of spells purely for healing and Haste/Aura to cast on the party (post Cerberus summon) then just Limit Break chain.
    Exactly thats why I said FF8 battle system was lacking. I killed both Omega weapon and Ultima weapon. So I know how the battle system works. Having Magic that you wont really use isnt a good example. Some items covers the magic even. I dont want to derail the topic even though we are discussing FF here. So lets try to keep it to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Dragon Quest V.
    I liked 3 better. And 8. When I want classic turn-based and traditional RPGs, I go Dragon Quest, not Final Fantasy, even though I love it. I expect Final Fantasy to do something different.