Guide on how to install and use TexMod!

I know quite a few people have been having issues installing and using TexMod (mostly for Cartographer title reasons), so i figured i would make a thread to help people get it working!

Please note: There is already a guide, i'm just going to post the main information that you would need to save you time.
    Guide and downloaded mods can be found at: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/TexMod

Step 1: Install TexMod. You can use one of the three links found on the above url.

Step 2: Install the mod that you would like to use. (We will use the Cartographer mod as an example.) http://www.mediafire.com/?k50zdqnehwn

Step 3: Open TexMod, and click the folder icon in the upper left hand corner. Then, find your Guild Wars application file, open it, click your Gw.exe, click it then click open. Your Guild Wars folder will typically be located within C:\Program Files

Step 4: Switch to Package mode (should be the default selected one, but just incase). Click the small folder icon above the red X, and browse for the mod that you're wanting to use at the time. I save mine to a special Guild Wars folder in my desktop, just for convenience. Once you find it, click it and click open. Click the mod you're going to use under Package Name, and then click Run.

That's it! Your Guild Wars should load with the mod you are wanting to use, and you're good to go.

For a full list of mods, please check out this link: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide..._modifications

Mods that help with cartography (helps makes it easier to see places you've missed), some that are just to change the way your UI looks, etc. If you check the last link you can see the different types of mods.
    Last edited by Ventashar; 2011-10-04 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Wait what type of mods can you get with this? Anything decent?
    Judge for yourself.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide...-game_graphics
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide..._modifications

10+ Year Old Account
    hah, I remember when I used this to make my cape have a pokeball logo many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    hah, I remember when I used this to make my cape have a pokeball logo many years ago.
    Ever used Pikachu as a shield? Yeah.... it was fun.

Now, with this installed, do you have to start the game via TexMod to have the Cartographer thing running? Or will it work by simply using the base executable?
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Now, with this installed, do you have to start the game via TexMod to have the Cartographer thing running? Or will it work by simply using the base executable?
    All TexMod does is temporarily replace textures. So yes, you will have to start Guild Wars via TexMod.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    Ever used Pikachu as a shield? Yeah.... it was fun.
    havent seen pikachu as a shield although I have a friend that had a sword that looked like an oversized dildo. He just had to show me what he was slaping his enemies around with :/ people do weird shit with TexMod sometimes.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    havent seen pikachu as a shield although I have a friend that had a sword that looked like an oversized dildo. He just had to show me what he was slaping his enemies around with :/ people do weird shit with TexMod sometimes.
    It wasn't popular, got removed fairly fast. I've seen a few like that, but why would you want something like that in-game, i will never know. Personally, i only use TexMod for the Cartographer help, and sometimes for the UI changes if i get bored from the standard one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this guide Ventashar.
    Was playing with some of it last night. In-game Mission Maps are haxx

Cba to read previous posts- You can make your own mods too, I made a rainbow torment scythe (was hot), changed my blind fold to look like it was dyed black. Loadsa stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzúl View Post
    Cba to read previous posts- You can make your own mods too, I made a rainbow torment scythe (was hot), changed my blind fold to look like it was dyed black. Loadsa stuff.
    You can't be assed to read 11 posts?

Also those sigs will get you infracted. Their individual file sizes are too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter