15+ Year Old Account

Need advice comparing MM / Surv in Femaledwarf

I'm a bit confused as I get "better" result as Survival in Femaledwarf than I would as MM. General consensus seems to be that MM is way better, so why aren't my results reflecting that? Only thing than comes to mind is that I should adjust my haste, but is that really the case and are there any other issues that I've forgotten?

Both of these builds are ripped from EJ and they use my current gear, gems, enchants and reforing (update DPS to see results):

Survival: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=54838
    MM: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=54839

I just hate playing as MM and with this kind of results I probably won't even learn it out...

"I am smiling. I am perky. I am the girl scout on your front porch offering cookies for money.
    I am your biscuit prostitute. I hope our transaction is savory."

Deleted
    On the MM one you should change in the "Shot priority" some stuff.
    Improved Steady Shot Behavior: Steady shot in pairs if ISS has >4 sec
    Aimed Shot Behavior: Manual Cast during CA and instant.
    Chimera Shot Careful Aim Behavior: Disable Chimera Shot and Sting

And on the talents you should have 3/3 pathing in SV tree and 2/3 Frenzy in BM

As far as i can see that is the only thing you didnt do correctly

If you hate MM, don't play it. The difference is low enough that you'll probably see better DPS as Survival simply because you enjoy playing it more than MM. If you don't like doing something, you won't try hard at it. Whereas if you enjoy something, you're more likely to try and really work hard at it.

I just had a look at your armory and it appears you're a heroic raider. Unfortunately that changes things a little. When raiding at that level it's a necessity to bring the best you possibly can, regardless of personal taste. That said, if you personally bring your best as Survival, then play that. Just because MM is theoretically the best DPS spec doesn't mean it's the best one for you. Try them both out in a raid and see which you do better DPS with. Then roll with that spec.

I much prefer the feel of SV over MM. Everything fits together nicely, while MM feels like we're not playing it as designed but they're too lazy to put a stop to it...

I can't argue with the numbers MM produces though. As some gear levels they're not a million miles apart. At others (e.g. once you get a 391 weapon) MM steams ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    text
    Ah.. thanks. Those changes resulted 1385,08 DPS increase. I'm still a bit uncertain if I'm able to run CA phase in raid as in FD... maybe I'll give it a go or two.

"I am smiling. I am perky. I am the girl scout on your front porch offering cookies for money.
    I am your biscuit prostitute. I hope our transaction is savory."

Deleted
    On all bosses where you can dps the boss from start, so not rhy beth and alyz you will almost always be able to stand still and spam AiS in the first 10% of the bosses health.