Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5 man dungeons BM pet?

What should I use?
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

If you want to bring more to the group (which I think you mean... not sure), try to be sure to have your active pet slots filled with pets that bring different buffs to the table, then at that point, use a pet that brings a buff the other members don't have, and/or the one that works best with the group.

A Chimaera is good if you anticipate doing a lot of aoe damage, particular if you run with a guild group that doesn't bother with CC or whatever even for the roughest pulls. On aoe pulls, mine can do as much as 35% of my total damage with its froststorm breath.

I only use a cat or worg. If there is a dk or warrior (assuming he/she uses shouts) I get my worg out: 5%+ crit. If there is no Dk/Warrior I get my Cat out: agility+ strength

Corehound. Agi and bloodlust. Nuff said.
    [19:41:18] [S] [85:Furial:1]: If I were told in vanilla that one day hunters would be able to res 24 people in 1 go I would have quit the game

for five mans on my hunter i run with my spirit beast if there isnt a dk/warrior dps/enhance shammy. if there isnt a shammy or mage in the grp i run with a core hound for Bloodlust. If those two buffs are covered i use w/e one i like the most which is always my spirit beast Skoll.

I carry around a spirit beast, wolf/devilsaur (depending on mood), wind serpent, shale spider, and ravager. I'll use whatever's missing out of what I can provide, prioritizing Str/Agi, Crit, Phys Taken, +5% stats, then Mag Taken. Every now and then, though, I'll shuffle pets around just for the hell of it, I've got every possible (de)buff except the Demo-Shout debuff since every tank brings it to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesdawg View Post
    Corehound. Agi and bloodlust. Nuff said.
    Don't you mean "Cast-speed slow and bloodlust"?

For trying to bring a certain buff, RaidChecklist is really helpful for figuring it out. You can set it to "hunter mode" so it only shows buffs pets can bring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use spirit beast, ravager, raptor, core hound and a devilsaur. Covers all the important buffs I need.

Honestly, it really doesn't matter that much. Take whatever you want. Probably 80%+ of the completely random groups I'm in have a dk, shaman, or dps warrior, so agi is almost always covered. Even then, five mans are so easy, especially with the 15% buff for a random, that you could RP walk through without a pet at all and still faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    Don't you mean "Cast-speed slow and bloodlust"?
    Uh yeah, I confused my spiritbeast with my corehound. Was sleepy at the time. Still, I like to drag either a cat or spiritbeast around, and a corehound when I want lust.
    [19:41:18] [S] [85:Furial:1]: If I were told in vanilla that one day hunters would be able to res 24 people in 1 go I would have quit the game

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Warrior/DK = Battle Shout/Horn of Winter (Cat)
    Fury Warrior/Feral Druid = 5% Crit (Wolf/Devilsaur)

Those are mainly the 2 buffs you try to go around in a 5 man group. Most of the time you'll have a DK/Warrior pretty much guaranteed. If both of those buffs are already provided use a Corehound if you lack a BL/TW, Silithid pet for Fortitude, and Shalespider for Kings. If your party has a good set of buffs and it doesn't really matter what other buff you provide a Spirit Beast is always nice 30 sec heal could safe your life over the course of a fight.

Deleted
    I tend to always use my Rahh (Loque) in 5-mans. I only care for the buffs in raids.

Damn, you're lazy.
    I always carry around 4 pets for 4 buffs.
    5% crit, agi/str, 8% magic damage, physical damage, and a turtle.

Or 5 buffs, if I switch my turtle with a raptor (armor debuff)
    Last edited by Pope; 2011-10-01 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Shale spider: Kings/MoTW buff and offtanking
    Spirit beast: Battleshout and healing, also the pet to use when all buffs are covered
    Wolf/Devilsaur: Crit buff. I use a wolf as devilsaurs are big and noisy.
    Silithid: Stamina buff
    Corehound: Heroism/Bloodlust/Timewarp

I'm really surprised no-one's mentioned silithids yet. The buff isn't that common and can make all the difference for an under-geared or inexperienced tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    I like that, I'll have to save it, lol.

I try and not use Loque'nahak, he's loud as all sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

To the person who said they bring a Ravager im pretty sure that the ability is bugged right now
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivirus View Post
    I try and not use Loque'nahak, he's loud as all sin.
    Screw that, I play with gamesounds off. Loque all the way! (I've heard how loud he is, it's annoying. But it's also not my problem.)

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    To the person who said they bring a Ravager im pretty sure that the ability is bugged right now
    I think the hyena-ability was/is bugged.
    (due to it being a former snare, that's why bosses are immune to it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.