Deleted

Should I buy Counter Strike Source for the third time?

So far I have bought CSS twice, first time I lost the box with the serial number on (stupid me I guess), second time I bought it through steam, but when I login to steam now, it doesn't show on my game list. I am 99% sure I only have one steam account, and I have tried all my old email addresses to try and find another one. The problem is this all happened like 5 years ago so it is really hard to remember what went on, what username / password / email I used etc etc.

Anyone who uses steam regularly, do I have any chance to reactivate this game or should I just rebuy it? So far I have found steam support to be awful and I just seem to get really pissed off when trying to resolve this.

Is there any good new terrorist / CT style games that use realistic guns that I should play instead? I dont really want to pay again for such an old game, but I cant seem to find a good alternative.

CSS still has a strong community, with many players still playing. The price is alot tho for such an old shooter, but do remember it has dedicated servers, and mods as well (gun game, zombie mod, surf, etc).

If you feel like playing it, then I'd pick it up again if you found it fun 5 years ago, it has vastly improved since then. Also a new Counter Strike game is coming out next year.

Also if you haven't, Team Fortress 2 is free on steam. It is more of a fun / teamwork based FPS, but its free can't complain.

Get TF:2 it's free and will solve your desire to shoot people.

There are alternatives to buying it. That I cant mention because I always get infracted. But the point is you paid for the game already, twice. Just download it off pirate bay or something and don't feel bad because if you pay for something, it should be yours. idontevencareifigetinfracted.jpg

< you knew this was coming! >

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 03:07 PM ----------

btw, battlefield 3 is in beta and its pretty fun. You could try that out.
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-10-04 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    oh tf2 is free now? ill give that a try.

I guess i will wait until a new cs is released, I just get the urge to play it often, I just love the gameplay, mainly from playing endless tactical ops back in the day. (a CS clone for the UT engine).

wow 10gig thats a pretty big game for a fps should be good. thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    CS:GO (Global Offensive) should be out next year. Pretty much gonna be the same (I hope). Just with upgraded weapons/graphics. CS:S is one of the only games I've found to be appealing even after so many years of playing it. I hope GO is the same.

more OT: If you really wanted to play it, I would definitely consider buying it again. Just need to think whether you play on after a few games :P There's quite a few hackers on CS:S now (same as any PC online FPS).

There are so many P4F(Play 4 Free) games out now I would highly recommend going that route! For instance EA has BattlefieldPlay4Free.com!
    CS:S is a great game but the next installment is coming out so soon I would just rock P4F games until them and hopefully you will get a couple of Bot-Free/Hack-Free months of play w/ CS:GO

Deleted
    ok tried TF2, its ok i guess, but none of the classes really suit how I like to play, which is basically with ak47 style rifles, heavy is not really the same as a CS style gunfight.

1.6 is better than source why would you buy css? not logical at all

Deleted
    well tac ops was better than CS, but i doubt many people still play it :/

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    I see the 1.6 trolls are still out and about. They both (1.6 and source) have positives and negatives. I definitely wouldn't buy another copy of source though. If you already have it on steam try and find your steam account again.

Deleted
    found this for a bit of fun

http://assault.cubers.net/

not gonna win any awards but only a 50 mb download

Dont get the new one, It looks like CSS with a few awfull weapon skins. In about 30 minutes i can have CSS looking fucking close to MW3 and BF3 quality weapon skin and model wise, and this is what makes it sad that Valve cant even top the FREEEE content out there in their next installment of the game. They need to stop riding Sources dick and focus on a new engine, a new CS and a new Half life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Dont get the new one, It looks like CSS with a few awfull weapon skins. In about 30 minutes i can have CSS looking fucking close to MW3 and BF3 quality weapon skin and model wise, and this is what makes it sad that Valve cant even top the FREEEE content out there in their next installment of the game. They need to stop riding Sources dick and focus on a new engine, a new CS and a new Half life.
    Wouldn't it be better to say in this case that they should have to work proper to bring out quality graphical things instead of what they do now if even modders can surpass them (Since the same modders are bound by the limitations of source engine)
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes buy it, it's still fun, i don't play in leagues in it anymore but i still fuck around. If i'm in the mood for random killing i go deathmatch, i actually want a semi normal game then i do. Most of the time nowadays i just go fuck about in a surf server though, pretty fun!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    1.3 > them all

Nothing was better than hearing enemy radios, and bunnyhopping.

Ah, the good ol' days.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to say in this case that they should have to work proper to bring out quality graphical things instead of what they do now if even modders can surpass them (Since the same modders are bound by the limitations of source engine)
    It would be nice for them to do this but it wont happen. They rely on the modders to add things to the game they dont wanna spend time to make. Example, Source uses the same bugged animations for the m4 that have been there since 1.6 and before, so instead of making new ones they bitched out and reused the old ones. Several other guns are like that as with a few guns base settings have them set to left hand when editing them because Goose was left handed, Mac10 and famas i think are 2 of them, and that makes it a pain in the dick to edit them since you have to flip it.