Thread: Chaos Orbs

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Chaos Orbs

What do you think they will sell for on the AH come next patch? I know the value will be set via demand, but do you think the demand will be high meaning high value or low meaning they will not be more then say 100 g?

They will be high first couple of days, but as supply gets larger, it'll fall rapidly.

I can't speak for every server but I have a stong feeling that they will drop below 100g on my server because people currently charge between 300-500g per orb when crafting for people so once they go to BoE there will end up being an excess amount on the Auction House for people to obtain a lot easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Less than 100G.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

i'm going to assume they will be no more than 20-30 as they are so easy to obtain. the only reason they were so valuable when getting someone to craft is that they were a finite resource. Now that anyone will be able to roll on the orb they will be spread around more and thus have a higher supply with the same or possibly slightly higher demand.

I hope the price will be high, im sitting on around 50 of em

10+ Year Old Account
    The price is gonna drop like a rock very quickly. All you have to do is look at these threads and see the number of people who are sitting on huge stockpiles of them and waiting for the moment they can dump 'em on the AH.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    The price is gonna drop like a rock very quickly. All you have to do is look at these threads and see the number of people who are sitting on huge stockpiles of them and waiting for the moment they can dump 'em on the AH.
    Not really sure why people would wait to dump them on the AH. They would have made more money crafting items and selling them on the AH.

I just leveled my Blacksmithing to max last month, and still sell crafted 359 epics such as the shield, and belt quite regularly and make at least 2k profit from them using 1-2 orbs.

I have no idea why anyone would have been sitting on them.

so little its hardly worth the trip to the AH to post them. i rarely run 5mans and i'm sitting on about 40+ orbs across the 2 toons i have that can loot them

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow if Chaos orbs will be that cheap it might help push the prices of true gold back up then for the short term because of casuals that are not able to do heroics wanting to craft gear and weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagstang View Post
    Not really sure why people would wait to dump them on the AH. They would have made more money crafting items and selling them on the AH.

I just leveled my Blacksmithing to max last month, and still sell crafted 359 epics such as the shield, and belt quite regularly and make at least 2k profit from them using 1-2 orbs.

I have no idea why anyone would have been sitting on them.
    Engineers, mainly. I don't know about most servers, but my engineer has probably 30 of them that I will likely never use, because not many people are buying the gun and I can barely sell it on the AH for what the mats would cost me. My engi makes all her AH gold off the scope, not the gun. Mind you, I'm not planning on auctioning mine - I'm gonna use them to have some goodies crafted for my other alts.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    What do you think they will sell for on the AH come next patch? I know the value will be set via demand, but do you think the demand will be high meaning high value or low meaning they will not be more then say 100 g?
    I don't know but it's about damn time. For instance on my server you pay an arm and a leg for the embers to craft boots, only to have to find a crafter who also has to have a significant amount of orbs on hand.

high the first couple of hours, will sink drastically

and after some months they'll be like frozen orbs,so about 1-5g more than vendor price

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I hope the price will be high, im sitting on around 50 of em
    This is exactly why they won't be that expensive. I'm pretty sure you're not the only person sitting on a ton of them.

the only reason they cost a lot of money at the moment is, that the fireland recipes are so rare, that very few crafter have to craft alot of epics. As soon as everybody can bring their own chaos orbs, the price will fall below 100g very quickly
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I'd guess 30-50g apiece after a day r two.

On some servers with bad economies, 100-200g doesn't sound like too far of a stretch.