Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prisioner in TARAL V (possible answer given via Revan novel)

The Jedi Prisoner in Taral V is a jedi master who can have a massive impact on the conflict, so maybe he is........Revan? All know that Revan went out to fight the Sith Empire on his own, but we never knew what happened to him, maybe he is imprisioned, and somehow he is still alive [ plz dont come with the ''he is a human he cant live that long...] ?

This is not NDA breaking information, I was wrong. This information can be found in the official Taral V video. I edited out what isn't in the video -Conscript
    http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/flashpoints
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-04 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    [ plz dont come with the ''he is a human he cant live that long...] ?
    Just to back you up a little mate, during the films, episode III to be specific, there is talk of old jedi/sith that could wield the force to prevent death and as we know, there is no boundaries when it comes to what can be achived within the force.

As for the raven part, its been too long since I played KOTOR1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading up on the whole Revan story on the wiki, I highly doubt it's actually him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in the Dev walkthrough of the Taral V flashpoint ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0imBz6y38 not NDA breaking as it was put out by the developers themselves) the Jedi force ghost talks about how the prisoner has been imprisoned for about 300 years (which is roughly the time Revan has been gone if I remember correctly) and has power over the dark side. I mean it's definitely plausible, but if you pay attention to the description of the Empire counterpart to Taral V (Boarding Party) the Empire's forces are going to compete against the prisoner. I don't foresee us taking on a force such as Revan in a mid-level flashpoint. So my answer would be, probably not Revan.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

It's Meetra Surik, the jedi exile from KoTOR 2.

p.s. This is not NDA breaking, as I got my copy of the novel Revan a month early.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushtrim View Post

p.s. This is not NDA breaking, as I got my copy of the novel Revan a month early.
    Really? Thought she got stabby stabbed in the novel?

10+ Year Old Account

So cheap. lol

Oh well, this is where I thought the thread would go anyhow.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. A spoiler has been seen and now it cannot be unseen.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may or may not be correct LOL!
    Last edited by Dalagrath; 2011-10-05 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Really? Thought she got stabby stabbed in the novel?
    So did Obi-Wan Kenobi in episode 4, he came back xD

Yes, she gets killed off, for no apparent reason, it's lazy writing.

She used to be a character that was brash, independent and strong. Seven years later, Karpshyn turns her a generic Damsel in Distress who achieves absolutely nothing short off getting unceremoniously stabbed in the back with no sense of emotion whatsoever. (and has most of her defining traits stripped away from her and half her backstory retconned)

The whole thing already reeks of bad writing and that's just a summary and one paragraph.

I won't spoil anything other than that for people.
    Last edited by RevanTN; 2011-10-04 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    I have a massive dislike for you now.
    But I'll forgive you if you tell me how to get Revan early
    I pre ordered it from Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Physical copy or ebook? (Kindle?)
    I want it early too
    ebook, was cheaper

She is not the prisoner.

Well, now that I know someone's got the book early, is it worth reading? I'm curious if the book is worth picking up to read. Reading a summary doesn't always do the story justice. I read the author had some good books like Darth Bane, etc, but then I read he wasn't that good with the Mass Effect series. So I'm really teetering between buy and ignore. I've never read any of his books nor any Star Wars books before so I'm rather naive when it comes to good authors and ones that should be thrown in the garbage.

Regarding the prisoner, I will give you a hint: The Exile isn't the prisoner. You can stop the video when the prisoner shows up and you can see it's male. Viewing the high quality video helps. Compare the body to other similar male and female bodies and it's fairly obvious what sex the prisoner is. Is it Revan? Is it some trick by the Emperor? It is maybe a son or some random descendant of Revan? I always had the funny idea Malgus was related to Revan but somehow I doubt that one. Would make for an interesting twist with Satele vs Malgus and both having the blood of Revan, though. Granted, 300 years have passed. Can't be Revan unless the Sith figured out immortality or something. I rather enjoyed playing KotOR I so I want to see closure to the story, but I'm not so sure I'll like how things end. Blizzard's already ruined many endings for me.

I already know who the prisoner is. I just want to be naive. I'm in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Nybras View Post
    She is not the prisoner.
    Right. She is the ghost. Revan is the prisoner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. She is the ghost. Revan is the prisoner.
    What makes you think that? Revan may have been powerful but not even Yoda could sustain his life longer than his native species' lifespan. And I'm pretty sure Yoda was stronger in the Force than Revan is/was.

On another note, Satele is the descendant of Revan?
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    What makes you think that? Revan may have been powerful but not even Yoda could sustain his life longer than his native species' lifespan. And I'm pretty sure Yoda was stronger in the Force than Revan is/was.

Let me just put this here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Transfer_essence

Baras think that Sateele is Revan's lineblood yes.
    Im saying that he may be Revan because the force ghost says [ who might be The Exile ] says the prisioner is holding the darkness, i mean, who could be more powerful than Revan? The jedi is there for 300 years, the exact time when Revan went to the Unknown Regions to fight the sith we fight today. Maybe he got captured for whatever what. And in the trailer of taral v u can see that the prisioner is a male human.
    Also, in the trailer '' Revan Reveal '' imps get to explore one of Revan's secret complex, and the dude who leads the imps says '' Before his rebirth, Revan was both jedi and sith ''. That means that somehow he may still be alive, got it felas?

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 10:40 PM ----------

Well in the Dev walkthrough of the Taral V flashpoint ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0imBz6y38 not NDA breaking as it was put out by the developers themselves) the Jedi force ghost talks about how the prisoner has been imprisoned for about 300 years (which is roughly the time Revan has been gone if I remember correctly) and has power over the dark side. I mean it's definitely plausible, but if you pay attention to the description of the Empire counterpart to Taral V (Boarding Party) the Empire's forces are going to compete against the prisoner. I don't foresee us taking on a force such as Revan in a mid-level flashpoint. So my answer would be, probably not Revan.
    The history may continue from there, or later, like Revan will rest or something like catatonic state and will be awake in endgame content

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Just to back you up a little mate, during the films, episode III to be specific, there is talk of old jedi/sith that could wield the force to prevent death and as we know, there is no boundaries when it comes to what can be achived within the force.

As for the raven part, its been too long since I played KOTOR1/2
    I'm pretty sure it was Palpatine trying to get into Anakin's head by talking about his master, Darth Plagueis, about how he could keep himself and other people alive with the the force. I could be wrong though...

Because Revan get's captured by the emperor and kept alive using sith alchemy in the novel I read.