Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How active is World PvP on a PVP server?

I was thinking about making a toon on a PVP server to test out world PVP but my friend told me world pvp is dead, just wondering if that is true or not.

thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    How active? Well, inactive. At least on Sunstrider-EU.

it doesn't exist anymore

Flying mounts = dead world pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP is not dead, however, it usually takes the form of ganking or griefing, depending on faction balance. I would assume World PvP is most active on a PvP server of near-balanced faction numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is dead.

The only thing you will find on Pvp servers are greifers and gankers who kill lowbie characters, the only "World PvP" left is group gankings in Tol Barad.

World PvP died with flying mounts, it doesn't exist outside of non flying combat zones anymore.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

It's pretty much dead. Most of the low level towns that used to be gankable now spawn level 85 super guards, the only World PvP action I see is hyjal / Molten front, other then that, its dead. Many of the zones are empty, low level pvp is gone, and many 85s choose to ignore each other rather then kill each other, a shame really.

there are occasional wpvp events on my server emerald dream-us but they seem to be few and far between. and molten front pvp is me attacking an alliance player and then 4 more of them killing and camping me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Non existent pretty much, when doing dailies *most* people like to just leave each other alone and get it done without any hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    WorldPvP.. the most fun thing WoW had to offer... is basically dead.

Some people do it, they are few.

I worldPvP, and yes it is often ganking and griefing, but it's all we can get to be honest. No I don't typically kill lowbies (although they shant be spared)

Just like others have said, Guards, flying mounts, instanced content, LFG tool, mass summon... all killing WorldPvP. But I will continue to do it here and there. I love it, even in its current state barely hanging on by a sinew.

In fact, I am motivated to camp any targets found in the world and kill them as many times as I can. To hopefully instigate more conflict, and have some satisfaction.

I really hope GW2 endgame isn't all about instanced crap. brb going to read up a bit more about GW2 endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    WorldPvP.. the most fun thing WoW had to offer... is basically dead.

Some people do it, they are few.

I worldPvP, and yes it is often ganking and griefing, but it's all we can get to be honest. No I don't typically kill lowbies (although they shant be spared)

Just like others have said, Guards, flying mounts, instanced content, LFG tool, mass summon... all killing WorldPvP. But I will continue to do it here and there. I love it, even in its current state barely hanging on by a sinew.

In fact, I am motivated to camp any targets found in the world and kill them as many times as I can. To hopefully instigate more conflict, and have some satisfaction.

I really hope GW2 endgame isn't all about instanced crap. brb going to read up a bit more about GW2 endgame.
    Then why not just hang out in molten front and kill people?

Thats actually what I was thinking it would be like on a pvp server is mass chaos in a daily zone like molten front

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    there are occasional wpvp events on my server emerald dream-us but they seem to be few and far between. and molten front pvp is me attacking an alliance player and then 4 more of them killing and camping me.
    That's how world PVP has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Theres a ton of WPvP events on Emerald Dream US. It's pretty much a 50/50 representation - I've never been harshly outnumbered or anything like that, and definitely had the odds in my favor as well.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I also want to say that crafted PvP zones are inherently fail. Blizzard fails to see what WorldPvP essence really is. You cannot ccraft a zone specifically for WorldPvP. It doesn't work, it has never worked in WoW and it won't work in the future.

The zones have PvE rewards which lead players to not weant PvP encounters and are simply there to do their dailies etc. With numerous nearby graveyards and fast respawn times, getting kills means next to nothing. Also having safe zones within these places with high lvl NPCs or sanctuary type no PvP spots etc hurts WorldPvP. Teleports to and from the zones just adds to the fact thatplayers are only there for the PvE rewards, etc.

It is a large-scale failure on Blizzards part to understand why an MMO is really fun in the first place.

A large world where things can happen, good and bad characters to run into, friends to make and enemies to war with.
    It's about happenstance. It's about in-game community. It's about the feeling of making a difference.
    At its core, it's about the individual experience in a vast non-linear world of possiblities.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderhead23 View Post
    Then why not just hang out in molten front and kill people?

Thats actually what I was thinking it would be like on a pvp server is mass chaos in a daily zone like molten front
    Please see my above post.

10+ Year Old Account
    A large world where things can happen, good and bad characters to run into, friends to make and enemies to war with.
    It's about happenstance. It's about in-game community. It's about the feeling of making a difference.
    At its core, it's about the individual experience in a vast non-linear world of possiblities.
    You get one or the other, not both. Also, sounds like you should go play EvE if that's what your priorities are. Every other MMO is patterning themselves after WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    You get one or the other, not both. Also, sounds like you should go play EvE if that's what your priorities are. Every other MMO is patterning themselves after WoW.
    One or the other, but you don't explain what you're talking about there.
    Also I don't know what EvE is, and I doubt I'm likely to care. Other games being modeled after WoW does make sense with its huge success but... that does not mean my ideas are inaccurate.

Future MMOs will pattern less after WoW. Some are already doing just that.

Deleted

Prima Terra @ Outland EU

I am an officer in a highly active WPvP guild 'Prima Terra' on the EU server Outland.....WPvP is very active on the server and is great fun and it is not a hassle to get some WPvP going just a gank here and there and before you know it there is a huge brawl going on, ,head over to the website at if you are interested in WPvP! www dot primaterra dot shivtr dot com

Oh, I also want to say that crafted PvP zones are inherently fail. Blizzard fails to see what WorldPvP essence really is. You cannot ccraft a zone specifically for WorldPvP. It doesn't work, it has never worked in WoW and it won't work in the future.

The zones have PvE rewards which lead players to not weant PvP encounters and are simply there to do their dailies etc. With numerous nearby graveyards and fast respawn times, getting kills means next to nothing. Also having safe zones within these places with high lvl NPCs or sanctuary type no PvP spots etc hurts WorldPvP. Teleports to and from the zones just adds to the fact thatplayers are only there for the PvE rewards, etc.

It is a large-scale failure on Blizzards part to understand why an MMO is really fun in the first place.

What are you talking about? All of the TBC WPvP hotspots that were implemented were used the entire expansion - and BLIZZARD has nothing to do with it. All of the people whining about being ganked, or just wanting to do quests on a PvP realm complained and complained until they got their way just like 90% of the new mechanics/features that everybody hates now. Well, that's what the community wished for and Blizzard did exactly that. People are just eating their words now, and looking for something else to complain about or someone to point the finger @.

One or the other, but you don't explain what you're talking about there.
    Also I don't know what EvE is, and I doubt I'm likely to care. Other games being modeled after WoW does make sense with its huge success but... that does not mean my ideas are inaccurate.

Future MMOs will pattern less after WoW. Some are already doing just that.
    How can you not know what EvE is, and then assume you know what MMOs are doing at all?

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Its really nice to see some servers still work on WPvP.
    Warsong - US is dead on WPvP too, and i really love it, i`m gonna look for this servers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    What are you talking about? All of the TBC WPvP hotspots that were implemented were used the entire expansion - and BLIZZARD has nothing to do with it. All of the people whining about being ganked, or just wanting to do quests on a PvP realm complained and complained until they got their way just like 90% of the new mechanics/features that everybody hates now. Well, that's what the community wished for and Blizzard did exactly that. People are just eating their words now, and looking for something else to complain about or someone to point the finger @.

How can you not know what EvE is, and then assume you know what MMOs are doing at all?
    I'm here to talk about WorldPvP.

---------- Post added 2011-10-04 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AskarGhost View Post
    I am an officer in a highly active WPvP guild 'Prima Terra' on the EU server Outland.....WPvP is very active on the server and is great fun and it is not a hassle to get some WPvP going just a gank here and there and before you know it there is a huge brawl going on, ,head over to the website at if you are interested in WPvP! www dot primaterra dot shivtr dot com
    While that sounds nice, I know how guilds come and go. I am a solo player and think the game game could be more fulfilling for types like me.