Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    One or the other, but you don't explain what you're talking about there.
    Also I don't know what EvE is, and I doubt I'm likely to care. Other games being modeled after WoW does make sense with its huge success but... that does not mean my ideas are inaccurate.

Future MMOs will pattern less after WoW. Some are already doing just that.
    Sorry- I thought the fact that I bolded parts of your post that were not bold would make it clear. What you missed was, you either get a large world or you get to feel like you make a difference. As the game gets more balanced, the ability of any individual to affect change in a large group diminishes, Certeris Paribus. You can't make any more than 1/40th of the contribution of your team of 40 in a 40v40 brawl.

Back to the world of Southshore Raids or even the old TB, it would be 1/100th. Even you admit that you want to feel significant.

So you don't get both, assuming you want to fight at your level.

And there's a reason so many things are instanced, and it's not because they started out instanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    I'm here to talk about WorldPvP.
    Seriously, go learn about EvE. Best World PvP Game out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    What are you talking about? All of the TBC WPvP hotspots that were implemented were used the entire expansion - and BLIZZARD has nothing to do with it. All of the people whining about being ganked, or just wanting to do quests on a PvP realm complained and complained until they got their way just like 90% of the new mechanics/features that everybody hates now. Well, that's what the community wished for and Blizzard did exactly that. People are just eating their words now, and looking for something else to complain about or someone to point the finger @.
    Can you see the difference between the TBC areas of normal leveling zones that had pvp objectives, and wg/tb? Why do you think the tbc objectives stayed popular?

also, I don't think blizzard so much listens to complaining from people on pvp realms as much as they do what they think the type of person who tries wow for the first time now would need to see to stay. Thus very powerful spawning stealth-seeing guards everywhere [who actually wanted something so drastic on a pvp realm?], and loosely structured zone pvp like epl/hfp halaa auch. is not in new content.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2011-10-04 at 07:47 PM.

It doesn't exist period.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Deleted
    World pvp never died.

World PvP is there IF YOU decide to go out and do it, i raid orgrimmar about 3 times a week with a group of 120 (3 raids) for some WPvP.
    Also, Molten Front has good WPvP in it too, i queue for random bg's alot and sometimes go do some Molten Front, because it's basically a BG ( On a high populated PvP server)

it died half way through tbc after enough people got the tabluks. And by the arrival of flying mounts in azeroth, it doesnt seem like its ever gonna return to us.

Flying mounts and the LFD tool made WPvP hard to find but it's not exactly dead. It's still there for those seeking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    EVE best "WPvP game"? Hehe, I think that would be Quake, CS and other FPS games :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    It ain't world pvp anymore. Its Fireland daily pvp. Go there, kill 9-10 alliance, then leave and call it day. See people griefing for the next 2 hours in trade chat that alliance are ganking in the daily zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    It ain't world pvp anymore. Its Fireland daily pvp. Go there, kill 9-10 alliance, then leave and call it day. See people griefing for the next 2 hours in trade chat that alliance are ganking in the daily zone.
    Just like TBC was "quel'danas daily pvp". I'm just happy that there is a couple of non-flyable places where you can regularly find max level people to attack (on my server at least I can still find people in tol barad if I want a change of scenery from molten front).

Remember how desperately awful WotLK was in that respect. Only a couple of rather "meh" daily quest hubs where flying was possible and one of them was a sanctuary and only had a handful of quests done outside of it. Cataclysm still suffer from some of the terrible things ushered by the wotlk era (1.5 sec cast mounts, dungeon finder that made the game world pretty much useless for anything except gathering mats) but at least daily quest areas are designed to make pvp possible.

The only place it happened in Cata was Tol Barad (which is now dead since most people have gotten anything they need from Tol Barad or easier to obtain rewards are available from nerfed raids, valor, or rep) and the occasional Molten Front. Molten Front is for the most part non existent with there being different phases. I've played on a PVP server since launch and flying mounts are the biggest culprit. There was some world PVP in TBC, most of what I remember was in Ogri'la, Netherwing Ledge, outside of Karazhan and Serpentshrine Cavern but just about every summoning stone had some. In Wrath there was some in the daily hubs like Shoalazar and outside instances again, but when the LFD tool launched that was the final nail in the coffin. No one leaves cities anymore and now and whatever was left was killed when warlocks could summon people inside raids.

EvE is nothing but ganking to wtf are you talking about?

"Hey that low level ship is mining and he isn't paying attention lemme wreck him with my powerful ship TROLOLOL"

Which in WoW translates to

"Hey this guys fighting 3 mobs I'm gonna wait till he's half health then 3 shot him TROLOLOLOL"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post
    "Hey this guys fighting 3 mobs I'm gonna wait till he's half health then 3 shot him TROLOLOLOL"
    And arguing about world pvp with idiots translates to:

"world pvp is ONLY EVER people killing me on low hp when I'm fighting 3 mobs because I never take the time to heal up to full and keep pulling mobs even though I know someone is around who kills me all the time, also I only ever remember the cases where I'm killed unfairly because I'm a baby and everything I say about world-pvpers have to portay them in the most negative light because I hate them"

Also regarding molten front the phasing actually works differently than anywhere else and doesn't matter for world pvp (you don't see the place in the same state than what players in different phases see but you see them nonetheless)

The more annoying thing is that you have to complete a lot of the dailies to open up that fire path that goes to the underground place, so I don't bother with it (since I don't do the dailies).
    Last edited by mmocd6cf53cb07; 2011-10-05 at 05:47 PM.

here sometimes people make city raids, not for the achievement but for like 1-2 hours of pure pvp in a part of a town
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Doesn't exist anymore except when blizzard realeases new areas where everyone "has" to do dailies. Like Tol Barad or Firelands dailies.

Deleted
    What is this "World PVP" of which you speak?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    on all the top pvp servers, the alliance/horde ratios are screwed. on illidan and malganis, horde outnumber alliance atleast 10:1. and i would assume its the other way around on the top alliance server like kelthazud, tichondrius, and darkspear(meaning alliance heavily outnumbers horde).
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post
    EvE is nothing but ganking to wtf are you talking about?

"Hey that low level ship is mining and he isn't paying attention lemme wreck him with my powerful ship TROLOLOL"

Which in WoW translates to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE5jX...eature=related

All PvP in EvE is world PvP. Some people like me think world PvP encompasses more than ganking.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    on all the top pvp servers, the alliance/horde ratios are screwed. on illidan and malganis, horde outnumber alliance atleast 10:1. and i would assume its the other way around on the top alliance server like kelthazud, tichondrius, and darkspear(meaning alliance heavily outnumbers horde).
    This is very true. The only places I know that have balanced factions are the RP-PvP servers.

And the faction imbalance is something that's been an issue as long as the game has been out.
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-10-05 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All PvP in EvE is world PvP. Some people like me think world PvP encompasses more than ganking.
    but ganking is the fun part of world pvp
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I think it really depends on the server.