Question Vial of Sands Question

So I was looking up things for Vial of Sands and noticed that both the actual recipe and the canopic jar that it is found in are BoP. So this means that if somebody wants to get this then they must have a max level toon that has both maxed archaeology and alchemy, right?

I'm just leveling my third toon to 85 now and am thinking of making it an alchemist. I already leveled my arch to max on one of my toons and quite frankly would never like to do it again >< So I just wanted to make sure. Thank you in advanced.
    Pallys FTW

I think you need both. High level arch to dig the jars and high level alchemy to have a chance to find the recipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to make it yourself you have to have the recipe which is BoP. You don't need to have level 85 to max out Alch or arch however.

I'd suggest just finding someone with the recipe and give them the gold/mats/tip for it if you don't want to level arch again.

The jar and the recipe are BoP but I don't think the actual mount is. If you have the mats, you can have someone make it for you (who has alchemy/archaeology and the recipe).

I don't have any guildies that have it and I have serious trust issues with people on my server. To be blunt its full of trolls, liars, and cheats. Of course some good people in there, but hard to tell the difference until after they've screwed you over or lack thereof. So I figured I'd just do it myself. Would make me feel more epic that way too, like "Ha, I worked for this and did it all by myself and its been rewarding". Well thanks for the responses guys ^-^
    Pallys FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Daulivanth View Post
    I don't have any guildies that have it and I have serious trust issues with people on my server. To be blunt its full of trolls, liars, and cheats. Of course some good people in there, but hard to tell the difference until after they've screwed you over or lack thereof. So I figured I'd just do it myself. Would make me feel more epic that way too, like "Ha, I worked for this and did it all by myself and its been rewarding". Well thanks for the responses guys ^-^
    You can always report it to a GM and have everything you trusted them with back in your possession. They will more than likely get a 3-day ban if they jack your stuff. No need to be scared.

The pattern is BoP, the vial is tradeable/sellable. You have to have high enough Archaeology to get Tol'vir Digsites, and you have to have Alchemy to see the pattern, but you don't have to be capped in Alchemy to find it... You do have to be capped to learn it though. FYI, I went from level 80 to level 85 on my druid doing nothing but digging for this pattern. Once I was able to get Tol'vir Digsites, it took me about 60 hours worth of digging to get 3 cannopic jars. If there are greater time-sucks in this game, I'm not aware of them. Archaeology is a horribly designed profession. Best of luck to you.

Deleted
    Ask someone who got it who made theirs, and have him make your.

1. Leveling Archeology to 525 is an easy and fun thing in comparison to the unendless boring grind that is farming for the Vials of Sand recipe. Yes, you might get lucky, and find it in your first jar right after getting to 450 in Archeology, but it is way more likely you will spend endless hours flying all over Kalimdor just digging and digging.

2. If you have a touch of paranoia, just buy a ready-made mount from the AH. Nobody can screw you over there.