Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Yet all strategy oriented websites, guilds and discussion have died out as no one really cares anymore with the game's current state.

That does say it's pretty much dead. PvP can't live up without the hype.
    AJ and MMOC are still alive.

Guilds aren't funded, nor are most 'websites.' It is pretty unique to WoW that so many ever existed in the first place. Bubbles burst.

If no one cared, no one would play. But that's not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    i still like it very much.

pvp is still fun. personally i enjoy the world variety and not the organized type like that of tol barad or wintergrasp. ultimately what did it for me this expansion as far as arenas was classes with spammable cc. one of two things needs to happen. either put the spammable cc on a cooldown or decrease the amount of damage that certain classes and specs can do while spamming or chaining cc. ultimately i'm looking at feral druids, frost mages, and affliction warlocks. sure warriors, paladins, rogues, and perhaps dks may do substantial damage/burst, however the ability for the above noted classes to spam or chain a cc is not tangible. which is why arenas are more about comp than skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    AJ and MMOC are still alive.

Guilds aren't funded, nor are most 'websites.' It is pretty unique to WoW that so many ever existed in the first place. Bubbles burst.

If no one cared, no one would play. But that's not the case.
    MMO champ isn't a PvP based site, it's just a WoW site. AJ is nearly dead as it is.

Deleted
    PvP is harder than ever to dominate. People are more skilled, gear is so much easier to get.. Could anyone in tbc gear 3 toons for pvp playing casually?! Its more balanced than ever, which is boring. All the classes work to the same priciples, ie. Target vunerable? check. Cds... Nuke! Oh then every class has defensive cds... Sigh.. It kinda sucks.. We all have to many moves that are not unique anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO champ isn't a PvP based site, it's just a WoW site. AJ is nearly dead as it is.
    Right this second, AJ has as many people looking at it as MMOC. Like, within 500.

I can't think of a legitimate PvP website that actually has come and gone that wasn't a result of bad management or something.

So, feel free to actually state something factual and verifiable to refute anything I've said.
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Shanton Biston is refuting all your wild claims like a total boss.

You sir, are my hero.

i've said this before but the major problem with PvP is breaking into it as a noob! yeah there is craftable entry level gear and you can quickly grind your way to the first level of pvp gear! but for me the hardest part being new to pvp and trying to break into it, everyone demands an achieve of the higher levels and are not prepared take anyone with nothing! hence the pvp climate tends to drop away further into a season as most people have either achieved there rank or just couldn't break into it!

my fix? well a random pick-up group that awards CP for arenas! where gear level is evenly matched across the team and MMR and once you've clicked ok to join arena there is no possibility of changing spec/gear! at least then everyone has access to it! people start to become more skilled as they have to learn with different combo's and most importantly people start to get the gear that can take them to the next level. obviously the CP won't as muxh as a ranked match but it certainly brings a new element to arenas!

I wouldn't say it's dead by any means, I would say content-wise it's been dead for a while. Balance should never really be brought into an argument, because like mentioned, it is completely subjective to who's saying it. Technically if EVERYONE'S complaining, then they're doing there job right.

The only thing I want to see is actual intuitive new content. An innovative company like blizzard can't put aside a team to come up with means of bringing back platforms for world PvP, different ways of earning honor or titles, different ways of engaging each other? I mean after all of this time, the only way I can get gear and compete is doing the same two things I've always done; BGs. (Not including dungeons because if you bring PvE gear into a dungeon you'll get vote-kicked). They couldn't re-create dailies? halaa zones? some type of interactive player experience that ENCOURAGED player versus player?

/2cents

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Deleted
    majority of pvper's in random bg's are botters and most 0-1.5k rated ppl are just CQ point farmers and 1.5k-2.2k are prolly being boosted 2.2k+ is just peopel who where boosted but camp there rank

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    I wouldn't say it's dead by any means, I would say content-wise it's been dead for a while. Balance should never really be brought into an argument, because like mentioned, it is completely subjective to who's saying it. Technically if EVERYONE'S complaining, then they're doing there job right.

The only thing I want to see is actual intuitive new content. An innovative company like blizzard can't put aside a team to come up with means of bringing back platforms for world PvP, different ways of earning honor or titles, different ways of engaging each other? I mean after all of this time, the only way I can get gear and compete is doing the same two things I've always done; BGs. (Not including dungeons because if you bring PvE gear into a dungeon you'll get vote-kicked). They couldn't re-create dailies? halaa zones? some type of interactive player experience that ENCOURAGED player versus player?

/2cents
    Well, I think as far as dailies go, that was their goal with Firelands. Afterall, they added a bunch of dailies.

But I think the Darkmoon Island will actually be pretty good if they do it like I think they will. For one, the deathmatch arena thing will be something different. For another, and this is where I think they may actually get smart, they've said that the old gear to be sold for mogging purposes will require currency. If they actually have the quests involve going out on to the island, then that should be a wealth of pvp opportunities for pvp servers for an almost indefinite period, provided they continue to add old gear to the vendors. It's something an end-game player would want without actually improving their ilvl.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theykilledme View Post
    i've said this before but the major problem with PvP is breaking into it as a noob!
    This x10000. People underestimate how complex this game is.

I have 150 some odd actions bound between a 24 button keypad and a 12 button mouse. It would take me 8 hours just to teach someone how to play one of my characters, or they could play from start to finish a AAA FPS in single player.

Quote Originally Posted by Assist View Post
    class balance has never been as poor as it is now!
    ^ totally this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    ^ totally this.
    Except that class balance has never been better. Nor has class representation ever been better. Nor have all 10 classes had glad viable comps and probably r1 viable comps.

But I mean, it's still not Team Swat.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    PVP is still fun its just that the class balance is so unbalanced that it's just ridiculous i mean comon' Blizz my face is starting too hurt with me just sitting back on ma arcane mage in RBGs ;P

People underestimate how complex this game is.
    Well when blizzard pretty much makes every single DPS in this game DERP easy with 4-5 button spam and a "KILL YOU NOW BLOW EVERYTHING" macro its no surprise.

Yet all strategy oriented websites, guilds and discussion have died out as no one really cares anymore with the game's current state.

That does say it's pretty much dead. PvP can't live up without the hype.
    This has to do with ppl being willing to run the sites or money coming into the site making it worth the time spent on it. Tankspot was kept up to date for the last year or so of Wrath by the posters not the site management. If a head or key person stops doing what they do or they do much less there isnt always somebody to jump in and take over. A great example of this would be all the strong guilds we have all seen kicking ass at pvp, pve or whatever they do then a leadership player quits or steps down and it falls apart, websites suffer from the same things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Can't really blame people for quitting over class balance pvpwise. It is bad atm. Especially when they used to apply the rock, paper, scissors logic into the class balance. How does mage being able to kill every class solo fit into that with no counter? Warrior is also damaged beyond usage atm.

Deleted
    Class balance continues to ignore ret/enchancement., I have to agree most others are decent enough with maybe two classes peeping over the top towards significantly stronger than the rest. I don't play enchancement myself but my God, I do feel sorry for them. Truly we are the two dregs of Cataclysm.

Arena at the moment:

10% skill, 60% class composition, 20% pillarhumping, 10% luck

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is, everything available to players suggests that PvP is popular, and quite a bit more so than end game PvE. As such, there's really no constructive point to continuing this discussion because PvP isn't dead. It's alive and well.
    Give me some sort of source please?