How will class story lines affect grouping with other classes to quest?

I've tried to find some information on this, but have been unable to. So, my apologies if this has already been discussed.

I'm curious as to how having such deep story lines for each class will affect grouping with other classes to quest. My wife and I play WoW together and typically I play a pally or other tank type class and she plays dps. We play together 99.99% of the time. Is there any indication as to how that will work? (i.e. Will we both end up at the same planet, but have to go separate ways due to our class story line? or do we do two different quest chains (one for my class, and one for her's)?

From what I understand (from interviews I've read) the depth of the story lines for each class are going to be amazing, and therefore people will want to replay the game as a different class. If that's the case, I would tend to assume that my wife (as a Jedi Knight) wouldn't experience the same story/quests that I would (as a Consular). Otherwise, the replay value would be diminished.

Any insight? (please, no NDA breaking info)

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part, the leveling path will be the same. Sometimes your class quests will have you go to another planet to meet with the council, or something like that, but then you will go back to the main path. Planets are like zones. They each have a certain level that you should be at based on the mob levels.

You may accompany your partner into their class quest areas if you choose. You can listen to the conversations, but not take part in them. You can eliminate spoilers by simply not doing so.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

15+ Year Old Account
    Alone on the mountainside, breathing the clearest winds...
    Quote Originally Posted by alton250doa View Post
    I've tried to find some information on this, but have been unable to. So, my apologies if this has already been discussed.

I'm curious as to how having such deep story lines for each class will affect grouping with other classes to quest. My wife and I play WoW together and typically I play a pally or other tank type class and she plays dps. We play together 99.99% of the time. Is there any indication as to how that will work? (i.e. Will we both end up at the same planet, but have to go separate ways due to our class story line? or do we do two different quest chains (one for my class, and one for her's)?

From what I understand (from interviews I've read) the depth of the story lines for each class are going to be amazing, and therefore people will want to replay the game as a different class. If that's the case, I would tend to assume that my wife (as a Jedi Knight) wouldn't experience the same story/quests that I would (as a Consular). Otherwise, the replay value would be diminished.

From the 20 levels I have played in beta so far, the flow of the game will heavily sway towards your story quests, with a bunch of "same area" quests that are completed side by side. The story quests are completely different from each other, though surrounding many of the same events that are happening in game. You and your wife should have no problem grouping together constantly, but there will be a bit of extra travel time, increasing as you get higher in level.

I saw some official info on youtube somewhere that you can take your party members with you on your class specific quests, so you will never have to be apart you can just do it together. I also play with my Fiancée.

Sounds good. Thank you for the responses.

This is how I understood the information I've read as well. I'm hopeful that there is some flexibility in level restrictions to grouping up. Nothing worse then one or two of your guild mates who can't play as often feeling left out of the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    When grouping during story quests, it's been said that your partners can only observe and not interact during dialog and key events.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alton250doa View Post

My understanding is that you would be present, but have no influence in the direction of the quest. Which makes perfect sense if someone were to come up to you and say "hey I need to fly to planet X to see person Y, would you like to come along?". They are asking you to accompany them, but not handle the situation for them or interfere.