Cinematics Timeline

I was under the impression that the timeline for the official cinematics was:

1) Return
    2) Deceived
    3) Hope

However, upon reading a preview of the book DECEIVED on Amazon just now, there is a line where a female Twilek remarks (as they are approaching the Jedi Temple) how she 'nursed Malgus after the Battle Of Alderaan, when he lay near death from that Jedi witch'. That is a reference to Satele Shan crushing him into the cliffside in the Hope trailer, correct? If so, that means Hope occurs before Deceived...

10+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure its 1. Return 2. Hope 3. Deceived

The trailers were released in direct opposite order. Return is the first, you'll note Malgus is a fresh faced apprentice.

In Hope, he's a Sith Lord and he gets the wounds that require him to use the resperator.

In Deceived, you see him with the resperator, and he lead the attack that forces the Republic to accept the peace treaty.

Deleted
    while the speculation in interesting, the "trailers" were really made to be set as intros for Republic/Empire side, depending which you choose, that one plays out

Quote Originally Posted by ThatShammy View Post
    This is correct.

Roger that, thanks for the info gang.

Return, Hope, then Deceived is the order the events happen.

Deceived, Hope, Return is the order they came out.

On the topic of the cinematics, something I need cleared up. Is the human Sith present in each one Darth Malgus? I assume it's his progression towards being who he is in present-day SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatShammy View Post
    This^^^
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    On the topic of the cinematics, something I need cleared up. Is the human Sith present in each one Darth Malgus? I assume it's his progression towards being who he is in present-day SWTOR.
    Yes, that is indeed Darth Malgus

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing of note is that 28 years pass between Returned and Deceived. As you see Malgus go from fresh-faced apprentice-->Sith Lord-->still Sith Lord but scarred from battle.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    One thing of note is that 28 years pass between Returned and Deceived. As you see Malgus go from fresh-faced apprentice-->Sith Lord-->still Sith Lord but scarred from battle.
    That can't be right. Satele can't be that old at the time of Deceived. She's still a padawan in comics "Threat of Peace" that tell about events just before, during and right after the Deceived trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    That can't be right. Satele can't be that old at the time of Deceived. She's still a padawan in comics "Threat of Peace" that tell about events just before, during and right after the Deceived trailer.
    She's also a Padawan at the start of Return, and I'm pretty sure you don't get promoted from Padawan to Jedi Grand Master (remember this is her rank at the time of TOR, we learn this from Fatal Alliance) in a short time frame; even if she is the youngest Jedi Grand Master ever.

The Battle of Korriban (which Return shows) was fought in 3,681 BBY and the Razing of Coruscant (which Deceived shows) happened in 3,653 BBY.

EDIT: Also I believe those comics came out early in the TOR creation (roughly 2009 I believe, but I'm not certain so please correct me if I am) and the SW:TOR books (namely Fatal Alliance and Deceived) came out much later circa 2011.
    Last edited by Zachyveng; 2011-10-06 at 04:29 PM.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And that's weird. She was a padawan for ~30 years during WAR, and then made grand master (including a knight title on the way) just in 10 years (game starts in 3,643 BBY) during PEACE.