Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 4.3 Valor Changes

Patch 4.3 Valor Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the 4.3 patch we'll be introducing some changes to the way Valor Points (VP) are obtained, as well as the items that they can purchase.

Changes coming in 4.3:

• Looking for Dungeon — 150 VP per run, with a cap of seven runs per week. All Cataclysm heroic dungeons introduced in 4.0, 4.1, and 4.3, will provide 150 Valor per run.
    • Looking for Raid — 250 VP per run, with a cap of 500 per week. The 4.3 raid, Dragon Soul, will be split into two separate raids for the Raid Finder. While individual bosses do not drop Valor when using the Raid Finder, you will receive 250 Valor for completing each Dragon Soul raid. Each boss will only drop loot for you once per week, but you will continue to get the 250 Valor for completing each Raid Finder raid, up to the 500 cap.
    • 10 player raid boss — 115 VP. There are nine bosses per week, counting Baradin Hold.
    • 25 player raid boss — 135 VP. There are nine bosses per week, counting Baradin Hold.
    • Valor Points cap at 1000 per week.

As you acquire Valor you'll want to spend it, and vendors will be offering a wide range of items to equip you to take on the Dragon Soul raid encounters, including cloaks, rings, ranged weapons, necklaces, trinkets, chest pieces, helms, gloves, bracers, boots, and belts, all of which are ilvl 397.

Our goal with these changes is to move Valor back to the original intent of currency rewards as a consolation prize, for two main reasons: to make it less frustrating when you keep having bad luck getting an item you want from a particular boss, and to help encourage you to keep fighting bosses (and helping out the rest of your group) even if that particular boss didn’t drop anything for your character in particular. Over time we have also offered Valor as a reward for doing other activities (such as participating in Heroic 5-player dungeons) to provide players something to do on an off night or when they couldn’t raid.

In the past we have offered some tier pieces on the Valor vendor for players that just couldn’t justify the time or logistics necessary to participate in raids, but we’re hoping that the introduction of the Raid Finder tool helps remove that barrier. We think most players would agree that killing a giant monster and looting its corpse is more exciting than slowly farming a currency to purchase a reward. Currencies have their place, but we want them to be a secondary avenue of progression to boss killing.

While the Raid Finder will provide a lower difficulty for the Dragon Soul raids, and thus a lower ilvl of gear, the normal 10 and 25 raids will drop ilvl 397, with the final Deathwing encounters dropping ilvl 403. For the Heroic version, 10 and 25 will drop ilvl 410, and the Heroic Deathwing encounters will drop ilvl 416 loot.

As we near the release of 4.3 we’ll be posting everything you need to know about the Valor to Justice down-conversion process, so stay tuned.

Stop putting caps on things... If people want to farm currency, let them.

Jeez they cant come up with a solid plan for Valor points huh? Then again its still kind of the same as before, just with the new raid finder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestalos View Post
    AMEN!! 10c
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Shoulders damn you!

10+ Year Old Account
    So... what exactly is happening with Justice points and the current gear beign sold by vendors... Are we scaling back the firelands junk to JP? Also, are they going to turn our current valor down into JP? They usually repeat that they are, but.

More for a 5man that was in the game with launch than you get for participating in endgame?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, no more caps, and whats with the "lower difficulty" raid finder. I want it just the same as normal or heroic. Just because I can't necessarily make a solid time window for a Guild to run with, doesn't mean I am any less skilled (or unskilled) than a guild raider.

the valor systhem and the constant raid nerfs is why im leaving wow in december.Cant wait for swtor to come out.i just hope bioware dont do the same crap then blizzard.Damn casuals.....

We think most players would agree that killing a giant monster and looting its corpse is more exciting than slowly farming a currency to purchase a reward. See, you would think that, until the 1037th time the RNG screws you over. Bring on the currency farming.

We think most players would agree that killing a giant monster and looting its corpse is more exciting than slowly farming a currency to purchase a reward. Currencies have their place, but we want them to be a secondary avenue of progression to boss killing.
    This part makes more sense if they change the loot rules in the LFR to be like it is in 5 mans, or make it so you can only get loot from that boss per week rather than locking you out even if you didnt get anything.

im confused. will we be able to get helm and shoulders with vp earned from heorics now or no?

coming from a very casual player like me i hope so. i used to raid hardcore in wrath but now i hate it and only like doing 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by dendaros View Post
    the valor systhem and the constant raid nerfs is why im leaving wow in december.Cant wait for swtor to come out.i just hope bioware dont do the same crap then blizzard.Damn casuals.....
    tor is more casually oriented than wow.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, it is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Shoulders damn you!
    Ha, just what I was thinking, YES head, NO shoulder, dammit >.<

Overall decent change, though I'm still left wondering what LFR ilevel will be 384 or 391, or even as low as 378?

Quote Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post
    I agree, no more caps, and whats with the "lower difficulty" raid finder. I want it just the same as normal or heroic. Just because I can't necessarily make a solid time window for a Guild to run with, doesn't mean I am any less skilled (or unskilled) than a guild raider.
    lfr is more or less a way to get people to start raiding, a stepping stone so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    More for a 5man that was in the game with launch than you get for participating in endgame?
    no, heroics are 150 for the entire run, raids are 115 per boss. at 9 bosses thats 1035.

That'd be great for business, wouldn't it?

No, it wouldn't be.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I wonder if theres gonna be a sick valor 2hander axe ^.^

The cap is to keep the game balance. If they removed the cap the no life players who are on 24/7 would eclipse everyone else in terms of gear. Day 2 of patch and you have ppl in full current lvl gear? That is the major flaw of having an easily obtainable currency in any game. Gold not really counting cause it doesn't directly translate into top lvl gear, some prof. pieces, but that is about it.